Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1036627 Posts in 41850 Topics- by 33470 Members - Latest Member: Bigdad1630

August 27, 2014, 05:11:50 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 30348 times)
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 6

Wolfgame

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

Is the frameyness your screencap software?

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »

Yeah, I was using hypercam. I didn't really pay it much mind.

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »

OFF THE GRID (adventure mode)

Description-

OTG is a platforming side scrolling beat-um-up mode (playing similar to Altered Beasts) with up to 2P co-op (maybe 4, just haven't tested 4 player yet). There is no real story to this mode for the sake of time.

Development-

The system essentially is complete. The enemies attack, and you kill them to increase health. Killing enemies isn't required to progress. The game already has a good platforming engine for this mode.

MATRIMELEE

Description-

Matrimelee is the story and survival mode of indie action. The story is that Hyper Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female). Pretty much exactly like the fighting game 'Power Instinct 4'

Development-

I just need to design the stadium stage, Princess pitch, and draw about 8 ending scene pictures.

Note

With the initial roster of 8 completed I can just focus on developing these modes.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 6

Wolfgame

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »

Coffee

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »

Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female).
Why can't girls also marry her? It would probably be funnier that way.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 6

Wolfgame

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »

So Princess Pitch is the Ruby Heart of Indie Action?  Smiley

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »

So Princess Pitch is the Ruby Heart of Indie Action?  Smiley

The rejected Darkstalkers character? Well, if you're asking if she's an original character who only appears here, nah. She's from Hyper Princess Pitch, a fun game by Daniel Remar.

Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female).
Why can't girls also marry her? It would probably be funnier that way.

I guess

One of Iji's ending Pics^. I might stick with this sketchy style, pretty easy to draw.

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

Happy V-day

Happy after V-day to all! I hope everyone spent half their bank account on their wife or gf, like I did.

Death Worm (junior) Playable

Death Worm(Jr.) was originally just a standard enemy in "Off The Grid"  mode, I got the funny idea to make him fully playable since he's easy to sprite. Death Worm's attacks depend on what type of land he's on. For example if he's standing on solid ground (non jump through) he can burrow and attack foes from underneath.

Karoshi Playable

Karoshi was originally going to be a training dummy. I decided why the hell not just make him playable. He always faces the screen, even when hit or walking, which makes him a very unique feeling character. His attacks consist of attempts to kill himself, such as putting a gun to his head, which inadvertently fires bloody bullets at foes.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:21:33 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile Email
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03:05 PM »

YES. XD I'm loving where this is going. You're really giving some character to these characters!!

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »

YES. XD I'm loving where this is going. You're really giving some character to these characters!!

Glad to hear! That's the plan, bacon man

Finished Karoshi's move set

Z- melee
Z side- Russian Roulette
Z tap-  Karoshi racing
Z down- Overtime
Z up- office chair spin
Z air-melee
Z side air- office supply toss
Z down air- kamikaze
Z up air- super karoshi

Some details: Overtime attack puts foes to sleep, during Karoshi racing karoshi hits you with his car causing it to explode.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »

I was gonna ask if Karoshi's set would be kinda like Pichu's, where he damages himself with his own powerful moves, but then I figured nah, this isn't really the place to discuss indie character fighting metagaming. Also that doesn't seem to fit with the fighting system you have set up.
I'm a little worried about Quote, though. Nicalis wouldn't let Indie Brawl use him, and they asked permission first. God only knows how that company would react if they found out about this.

That aside, here's hoping for a Space Funeral shout out.
Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »

I was gonna ask if Karoshi's set would be kinda like Pichu's, where he damages himself with his own powerful moves, but then I figured nah, this isn't really the place to discuss indie character fighting metagaming. Also that doesn't seem to fit with the fighting system you have set up.
I'm a little worried about Quote, though. Nicalis wouldn't let Indie Brawl use him, and they asked permission first. God only knows how that company would react if they found out about this.

That aside, here's hoping for a Space Funeral shout out.

Well, I've actually thought about giving karoshi the ability to damage himself. There are no strict rules to this game. Maybe I'll make his attacks high damaging.

I ain't scared of Nicalis! I ain't scared of nobody! If Nicalis has a problem with me using quote I'll keep him in the game any damn way! They can't do anything legal against parody, and plus the game free! ...haha but seriously if they have a problem with me using quote I'll take him out of the game. If they're that retarded about fan-work, then obviously using their IP isn't worth my time...

I looked at some vids on 'space funeral' something about reminds me of 'Yume Niki', in that it's a creepy rpg type dealio...interesting

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 6

Wolfgame

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

I have a problem with this game not being out yet.  Big Laff

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »

I have a problem with this game not being out yet.  Big Laff

I think you meant to post that here:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=29.0

I've been working on this project when ever I have the time. I hear you though.

Garlicguy
Level 2

scatterbrain hobbyist

View Profile Email
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:58 AM »

More attacks

I've been going back and giving characters more attacks. For example Iji now has the pulse cannon, and quote can throw the sword. Attacks like these are done by pressing a directional button while you're performing a standard combo (z z z when stationary). I wanted the characters to feel more solid.

I've started to take my time, because I don't want this game to be a complete piece of shit.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic