is a game engine for 2D, Vectorial, and 3D games. The gender of games is not delimited, so the developer can create any kind of game.
Also, I'm developing an IDE for the game engine, which will allows to create games using a drag-and-drop interface. This IDE can manipulate the content of the game projects. This content is:
- Pictures, Backgrounds and Tilesets;
- Sound and Music;
Scripts Now the developer will write directly in the code;
To store the content of the game, two files are the major used:
- Data Files: Inside these files, the game engine stores information about the content of the game, but only information, For example, if the game will load a sprite, first the game engine will look inside the data file the name of the sprite and it's location. The location will redirect to a resource-file, where the images of this sprite are stored. Also, the developer could use Data Files as save-files.
- Resource Files: This file works like the traditional *.res file(from Windows), but can storage more kind of files, like: Sound files, PNG, Bitmaps, Texts, Fonts. And these elements are listed with an index number and name.
To make the IDE, I'm researching the bests features of the most popular IDE's(Game Maker, RPG Maker, Construct, Blender, and Unity) and putting in my IDE. Also, avoiding the limitations. The features as far are:
- Room editor;
- Sprite editor;
- Picture/Background/Tileset editor;
- Sound management;
- Source-Code editor - this is where you create the logic of your game;
The game engine is using OpenGL. Physics Engine-
The physics engine for 2D games is completed. It has support for:
Programming Language and Compilation-
- Force application;
- Collision detection(per-pixel);
- Conservation of Momentum;
The game engine is being written in Pascal(Object Pascal), using Free Pascal compiler. This means that, almost certainly, that my IDE will use the Free Pascal to compile the game projects. Operating System Target-
The compiler is the Free Pascal Compiler, which means that the game engine will work in Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Also, in the future, I will make support for mobile platforms.License-
I'm still thinking about it.Information- PixelDeveloperThank you all!#UPDATE 1Screenshots of the IDE (click to see full size):