@James Edward Smith:
An update to this devlog is long overdue. Stuff fixed or added since the initial soft-launch release:
1. Finally added customisable control bindings for both keyboard and gamepad.
2. Left analogue joystick can now control player directions and menu screens. Lots of players hate Xbox 360's awful d-pad so I'm glad I got this one sorted out.
3. Added on-the-fly adjustable brightness up to 4 levels (Default, 1x, 2x, and 3x) to cater for a wider variety of monitors.
4. Standardised input for navigating in-game menus for both keyboard and gamepad.
5. Added a few graphical tweaks (improved pause screen and added subtle ceiling/platform depth shadows).
6. Fixed a bug where moving platforms are not paused properly.
7. Fixed a rare bug where the dead character can still pick up a heart during a specific moment, which can cause the game to get stuck and unable to advance.
8. Fixed a bug where the character can enter past through a closed portcullis moments after destroying the last enemy in the room.
Well.. I think I'm ready to wrap up this devlog, its pretty much done at this point while I continue working on integrating the game to Steam. For a debut game it has gone a lot further than I expected so I'm happy with that. Maybe I'll write some kind of a post-mortem one day, to reflect on the things I did and figure out how I can do better and create a better workflow for my next project. Thanks everyone!