Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1073732 Posts in 44001 Topics- by 36021 Members - Latest Member: floorman

December 20, 2014, 12:49:55 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsShoppy Mart - the grocery store game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shoppy Mart - the grocery store game  (Read 93 times)
Pezomi
Level 0

Nothing worth saying.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

SHOPPY MART
A game that puts you in the shoes of a checker at a grocery store.

http://pezomi.itch.io/shoppy-mart

Shoppy Mart is a game I've been working on since early September.
It started as just an idea for an android game, but as I continued working on it the goal of it became quite different.
Originally I started making the game as more of a arcade game with a much heavier focus on the bagging aspect of it.
Since then it's become much more about the idea of putting you in the shoes of the grocery clerk where you sit there and check for customer after customer with very few standing out, the day being very much so a blur.
You could say I was influenced by Papers, Please where a mundane job was turned into a game, whether or not a grocery job should be made into a game still isn't quite clear.

This is my first game I've ever made, and it'd consider it about half way to where I want it to be.
The graphics style isn't trying to be anything, it's just what I can do.
The theme song that you can hear throughout the game was done by Seagaia.

I really don't have any reason to be making this game, but I'm having fun with it and learning from it.
I'll try to keep this updated with gifs and cool stuff so that I can look back and see what I was doing/thinking.

You can download and play it right now at itch.io, the build right now has about 40 minutes worth of gameplay, takes you across 5 days of the job.

Because apparently anyone can make a devlog.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:04:05 PM by Pezomi » Logged

Aren't you tired?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic