This is a game where players can participate by making their own content. The game itself is a somewhat standard spaceship fighting game (with apologies to StarControl II).
Players can add content by:
- 1. drawing a cool spaceship
- 2. drawing a cool alien pilot
- 3. filling in an interesting backstory on that alien race
Then other players can choose this ship/race, play a few rounds with it and then give it a rating. The highest rated designs will be the most likely to be randomly selected when new players try out the game.
The end goal is to...um I have no idea but I think it would be really fun to see what players come up with.
What do I have so far?
- A start for the drawing interface
- A start for the ship combat
ship drawing screencombat screen
Still to come:
- More control over what you can draw (no more yellow haze)
- Permanent storage on server (now just local, sorry you will lose it)
- What you draw effects physics of flight
- Draw specific parts (guns, engine) and they function
- Cost for the ship for balancing reasons
- Different kinds of weapons (guided missles, lasers, weird stuff, as much as I can do)
- Random play & voting system
- I don't know? Any good ideas?
My game development pace could be described as "glacial" so it could be a while before this is fully baked.