Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:23:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIONEERS (Build 7)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: PIONEERS (Build 7)  (Read 149814 times)
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »

Hes streamin!

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »

Eigen; Riad and me were just talking about Pioneers the other day. I voiced my fear that you might have dropped the game. But now I just saw your post on the ScreenShotSaturday thread and justed wanted to bump up your thread and say I'm super happy to see you are still going.

Beer!

Mete
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 02, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »

Eigen, will you ever stream some day again?
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

Eigen; Riad and me were just talking about Pioneers the other day. I voiced my fear that you might have dropped the game. But now I just saw your post on the ScreenShotSaturday thread and justed wanted to bump up your thread and say I'm super happy to see you are still going.

Beer!

Let's pray that jO is wrong...  Shocked
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2014, 10:51:54 AM »

Testing, testing ... is this thing on?

Man, it's been a while. Just look at all the dust that's gathered. Well to be honest I've never been much of a devlogger but yeah, I've been absent largely since May. If you follow me on Twitter you may've read I started having some trouble with my eye. Long story short, one day I noticed a slight loss of vision in one eye (not noticeable when looking with both eyes) which completely freaked me out. I went to the doctor and they performed several tests but concluded nothing solid. By now it's improved slightly or at least I think it has. I may be imagining it. After that I had a regular checkup and my blood results showed some signs the doctor wants to further investigate (low white bloodcell count). I try not to be worried but it's definitely affecting me and as a result I've been finding less motivation to work on my game. But I haven't stopped, no. Still chugging along Smiley

I'm still rewriting bits of the game in LUA, working on the dialog screen at the moment. After that I want to get back to the cave system (hopefully this weekend). The caves are generated and are present and even the entries (holes in the ground) have been added but they're not usable yet. Swimming is another task on my immediate ToDo list. Have been cleaning up UI in some places because it's the most common complaint, and for a reason. Managing equipment needs to be a simple drag'n'drop case.

Here are some more up-to-date screenshots:

New winter palette.

Biggest development is that you can go out on the ice during the winter, use your pickaxe to break open a hole to fill up your flask or ice-fish. Feels good not be bound by some puny land when exploring. But yeah, don't go too far or you will find yourself in a drowning situation come spring Evil

Deeper autumn colors

Radically cleaned up the overworld UI. It's now much easier to comprehend and looks better, too. Still missing a button or two though. Note the borderless menubar.

Town screen has received a overhaul too getting rid of the sidebar but it's still too much WIP so I won't post it just yet.

I'll make another post about the cave generation another day. I hope this has been enough to convince I'm still going at it and haven't gone anywhere. Life has its ups and downs but I try to overcome them Smiley

Eigen, will you ever stream some day again?

Funny you should ask because I was actually planning on doing so this weekend.

Riho
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »

Yeah, it gets tough sometimes, but keep your head up! There's plenty of fans of your work that will support you despite any delays. I've been keeping an eye on your twitter and it's always a treat to see any updates on the game.

I've been kind of in the same boat since I went indie, as in blood problems with the cause still undetermined and the fact that it don't have healthcare due to not having a dayjob doesn't make it easier. But this is the life I've chosen for myself, so all we can do is keep thinking positive and try to get through it. Good luck!

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: July 04, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »

I was just about to ask, whether or not you or Pioneers have died. Thank god neither of you haven't! The pictures look absolutely fabulous! Looking forward to the live stream if you indeed do one Smiley Keep up the good work and ram trough the health issues, towards being fine again!

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 04, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »

Get better quickly, Eigen!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »

Ramp it up Eigen! :D

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: July 04, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »

Nice new screenshots. Good to see you're still working on this and best wishes with your health.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »

Glad to see you back Eigen! I hope you'll continue to get better. Those screens are fantastic looking, I missed the beautiful simplicity of your game quite a bit. Really curious to see your take on the caves, as that is a topic we've also discussed quite a bit.

Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 05, 2014, 01:42:09 AM »

Oh wow, this looks gorgeous! Loving the pallettes!

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »

And please say that you'll do some evening streams aswell :D

Zimonak
Level 0

Zimonak Wyros

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:15 AM »

I will just leave this mockup here. Take this as a friendly motivational shoulder pat.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: July 28, 2014, 02:48:32 AM »

Well that's a nice ... thing Smiley

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: July 29, 2014, 05:56:41 AM »

Hmm, I just thought - maybe add some form of land-based non-human movement? Like horses & chariots for an example.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

.. and tanks or mechs please.

And it's a boat E.

Sub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 29, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »

If not tanks and mechs, at the very least some submarines.

It Usually Ends In Nuclear War, a 4x strategy game

9001, a fast paced action arcade game
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »

Will deliver! Cool

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: August 02, 2014, 07:37:35 AM »

If not tanks and mechs, at the very least some submarines.

Here's a submarine. Inspired by Verne's Nautilus.

Mech or a tank coming sometime later.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic