Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:49:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKickstart This Shit
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Kickstart This Shit  (Read 56885 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

im curious why hes making new updates for adom when adom 2 is already out.  Huh?
Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »

Ok, it isn't a kickstarter, btu still. It's a point and click adventure with stop motion. WITH MUSICAL!! The songs are pretty good too, and she doesn't need $100000000 so let's indiegogo this shit  Cool

There's also a demo that you can try on the indiegogo page.

http://www.indiegogo.com/pamplemousse?c=home&a=173589

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »

This seems hilariously weird but hilariously fun.

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2012, 06:49:03 AM »

"There's something more glory when you eat something that other people spew into your mouth"

Good thing this has 28 days to go. I've reached the limit of my crowdfunding budget for this month .

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »

I will fund anything Zach Gage does.

Sakar
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »

Has anyone seen Numenera? It ends in about 13 hours as of this post.

After looking at it and reading all the blog posts about the gameplay mechanics on his blog I went ahead and backed it for $80 so I get the $60 tier and a print copy of the Player Guide.

It seems to have a wonderful sci-fi/fantasy setting (which I adore), and mechanics that are simple to understand, but can be easily made more complex if needed for the situation.
Uykered
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »

There's an "old-school RPG" by Tom Hall and John Romero.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lootdrop/an-old-school-rpg-by-Tom-Hall-and-John-Romero

No screenshots or even mockup : (
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2012, 03:02:33 AM »

1 mil? Jeebus. Big Laff

Yeah.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »

You think they won't reach that goal?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2012, 04:29:02 AM »

Its strange, that I dont see many kids on Gamedev or Tigsauce with Kicksatarpg plans.
It looks like a goldmine for lazy people, just get some art from google, claim that you are industry veteran from Blizzard and prepare your money shovel. Well, hello there!
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2012, 04:30:26 AM »

It's hilarious how they need 1million dollars to create something unoriginal, even say so in the video and people still donate money
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »

You think they won't reach that goal?
I think the goal is ridiculous. There's one tier option missing, and it would be a success:

1.000.000 dollah: You have all the above rewards and get to suck Romero's man-pipe.

I mean... 1 million for that? It's just ridiculous.

Yeah.
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2012, 06:20:28 AM »

The fact that the name of this project is "Old School RPG" isn't exactly raising my hopes up here, nor the fact that as far as I know all the three main developers have spent the last half-decade or more making Facebook games, nor the ridiculous Kickstarter rewards (I can't wait to fight the ingame boss Luigifan5900). Also, why did the title change from Tom Hall and John Romero (what it apparently was before) to Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:26:48 AM by DavidCaruso » Logged

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »

Romero hasn't made anything good since he left id, even before the Facebook era. I hate to say it because I have a lot respect for him, but he's kinda washed up.

The last non-Facebook videogame Brenda Brathwaite worked on was Playboy: The Mansion lol.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:18:45 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/romero/status/168664713583005696
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

for one million dollars, i will make one fortieth of daikatana and marry a romanian child i met on the internet
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

stretch goals: at 1.5 million dollars i will try and touch my toes but get my flowing mane trapped in the Cross Cut Shredder and cry for assistance from my staff who have worked on legendary titles such as Dungeons & Dragons®, Wizardry®, Ghost Recon™, Ultima™, Bard's Tale™, Commander Keen™, DOOM™, Quake®, The Sims™, Mortal Kombat™, MechAssault™ and Jagged Alliance® but they will be unable to save my flowing locks. i will regrettably be forced to endure a buzzcut. i will look listlessly in the mirror and fall into a deep depression. i will massage the corners of my mouth and attempt to forcibly and mechanically manipulate a smile upon my dead, wisened face. i will not even be able to find solace in my photo collection of the anuses of stevie "killcreek" case, the romanian child who divorced me, paul steed, or adrian carmack's wife. don't cry for me. i'm nothing.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

We are 100% indie and dedicated to staying that way. We have never taken VC or angel funding and have resisted two buyout offers so we could stay this way. But for those of you who have a short memory, I'M LITERALLY JOHN FUCKING ROMERO and you can trust me to make sound financial decisions, and deliver a game on time and on budget, and not divert money into a boob job slush fund, or on a priest who will perform ceremonies at a kindergarten. I'm John fucking Romero and I'm asking for one million dollars to make a game. John Romero is the person I actually am; which is to say, I am John Romero, the sentient being, and even imbued with the spark of self awareness, I am asking you, with not a hint of irony, to give me money to make a video game. I am John Romero. I wear a rash guard to the office in case I need to do jiu-jitsu moves on angry Eastern European fathers or my estranged son who is two years older than my ex wife. I live a life of constant danger, but it has taught me how to handle the twin burdens of rights and responsibility, as evidenced by the fact that my present company that has existed for less than two years hasn't lost investors many millions of dollars whilst I slept in an oxygen tent filled with coconut oil hair conditioner dreaming of Romanian teens taking their first tentative steps onto the internet researching Italian tourism and accidentally coming upon my website, becoming ensnared in my keratin net. I'm John Romero.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

for 800 dollars i will shoot your family pet in the face, killing it. for one million dollars i will hire a convoy of armoured vehicles and wrest one million dollars, forcibly, from the well moisturised grasp of this man and for a period of no more than 6 weeks offer readers a window into a just and true alternate reality in which he maintains a blog detailing how by day he carves broom handles and by night he studies for a degree from the university of phoenix, arizona online instead of being given one million dollars to make a game despite actually being john romero.
Uykered
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »

Also, why did the title change from Tom Hall and John Romero

That was just me being dum, it never was the title.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic