Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:12:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKickstart This Shit
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Kickstart This Shit  (Read 56918 times)
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

The 90's Arcade Racer is an indie racing game that rips off pays homage to Daytona, Scud Race and Indy 500 (so it's a lot like an update to Virtua Racing Deluxe for the 32x!). It looks well made, enough for me to back it, though I'm not 100% comfortable with it considering how close to the original games it seems to be and that SEGA recently did get active with the Daytona franchise which could lead into more ports and maybe a sequel. But this looks too good to wait for that to happen and SEGA didn't give the PC any love with that recent Daytona port anyway. It's apparently by the guy who worked on that Sonic Fan Remix. He's only asking for £10k, with a £20k stretch goal. The £15 tier is what I've pledged for as despite the monumental task it probably is to get this right, with the amount of content mentioned, lack of multi player (I know this would be hard to do), etc, I wouldn't pay more for the game no matter how much I want it (which is very much so!).

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:22:24 PM by Alextended » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »

My brother and his wife have got a kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54477278/puking-kitty-saucy-boat

The name says it all.

best kickstarter ever

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:13 AM »

The 90's Arcade Racer has reduced the pledge amount needed to secure you a copy to just £10. That's more appropriate I think, no complaints for the lack of content now since it's what you'd expect from a classic arcade game as is, just the price didn't quite match previously. I'll be moving down to that tier but if it looks like it's in trouble later I'll increase it a little bit (or if it looks like it only needs a little more to reach the stretch goal).

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:29 AM »

that arcade racer looks gorgeous btw. Really takes me back to the time when canada actually had arcades.

QuickFixInc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »

I have a Indiegogo campaign going for my game EPIC PETS :

http://www.indiegogo.com/epicpets/x/2001532

Thanks for checking it out and any support I get would be awesome!
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2013, 03:35:13 AM »

Please don't join the forums just to spam your kickstarter... Lips Sealed

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:34 AM »

Please don't join the forums just to spam your kickstarter... Lips Sealed

Heh. Bet he won't see this.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
QuickFixInc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

I didn't join solely to spam, I'm an indie developer and I just discovered this forum as well, and finally got to register since I couldnt guess the second answer to the registration process. My apologies.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461687407/kickstarter-open-source-death-star

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »

Concerned

That's what's wrong with Kickstarter - joke projects like that get the support/word spreading while project that would deserve it don't. I know it will not succeed in the end, but still. What is wrong with people ...

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »

Concerned

That's what's wrong with Kickstarter - joke projects like that get the support/word spreading while project that would deserve it don't. I know it will not succeed in the end, but still. What is wrong with people ...
Attention is not zero sum though -- for example the doublefine kickstarter actually increased attention to others, iirc. I doubt a joke kickstarter like that is really harming anyone.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »

It's funny how people are blaming Kickstarter for the failure of projects, instead of the studios and the people who painted giant targets on their chests for their promo videos.

Also I don't know where all this money is coming from, so many games alone going to or over a million bucks. Speaking of lots of money, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320581435/moonbot-studios-next-game-the-golem. This looks pretty darn good, but like most Kickstarters it's super kind of vague--but built up on a high quality team.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1781324918/xing-the-land-beyond Looks pretty darn good too.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »

I like that you defend prague
but their golem looks like this
czech republic has some awesome folk lore
Ant
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

indie. as. fuck
deathtotheweird
« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »

oh god the level of bullshit in that trailer is too much for me to bear. "soundself appeals to me because it bridges the gap between humans and technology" & "being immersed in a world that is born from your sound"

the beginning was also hilarious, reminded me of those i-dozer youtube videos where white kids listen to noise and get 'high'.

it looks like an interactive screensaver to me, I think I'll pass.
ClayB
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2013, 12:27:46 AM »

Too many flannels and beards, abort.
SterlingDee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »

oh god the level of bullshit in that trailer is too much for me to bear. "soundself appeals to me because it bridges the gap between humans and technology" & "being immersed in a world that is born from your sound"

the beginning was also hilarious, reminded me of those i-dozer youtube videos where white kids listen to noise and get 'high'.

it looks like an interactive screensaver to me, I think I'll pass.

I like the guy's passion (it's not like this is a huge commercial product - but I can imagine some applications).

But a $29,060 just sounds like a douchey goal to me. I might experience just a touch of schadenfreude were the campaign make it to $29K even heh.

Motion Logic Studios
2D & 3D Art - AAA Experience, Indie-Friendly Prices
Feel free to email me or connect with me on twitter!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »

yeah, 29k for a winamp visualizer that you control with your voice. kind of confused as to why it took them a year for "research and experimental development" and why it needs almost another year to be finished.

the video doesn't do a good job at really explaining what it is or does or how it's different from just another sound visualizer. probably would have been better off marketed to the art crowd than video gamers.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »

kickstarter says evan balster (of tig fame) is working on it.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »

I spotted few funny tweets earlier about that:

"So that 9-year-old girl with the kickstarter? Her mother's a Fortune Top 500. This is some Richie Rich shit. "
"Now honey, you can only go to camp if you get strangers to fund you." "But mooom!" "No dear, you have to learn to take from the people."
http://www.judgmentgroup.com/About_Us.html

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic