Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:47:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKickstart This Shit
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Kickstart This Shit  (Read 56879 times)
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »

Isn't this supposed to be "a thread for *good* kickstarter projects which deserve more attention / money?"

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2013, 02:22:35 AM »

Technically.

A project by my buddy, but it looks kinda cool and he has made a few very awesome games before.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/jibble-odyssey
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2013, 04:26:15 AM »

Indie developer needs life-saving surgery:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive?c=home

The Indie Stone are also donating all money from sales of Project Zomboid on Desura the next few days.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »

Indie developer needs life-saving surgery:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive?c=home

The Indie Stone are also donating all money from sales of Project Zomboid on Desura the next few days.
There are people saying it's a scam. I don't have any opinion either way but there's not really any information or proof or anything.

too many hoaxes and scams have made me cynical about stuff like this

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

indie gogo also took it down over those accusations and then replaced it soo o o o

who o o o kno  o o w  s  s s

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

Yeah, I've become a bit suspicious myself. I initially thought it was 100% in the clear since Indie Stone decided to support it, thinking that they must know her personally, but she's just a random member of their forums and they decided to support her without her knowledge, so it's not like they know her personally or have seen proof of her illness.

And the story is that indiegogo put it back up after they'd received proof that her claims are true, so take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Laserbrain Studios
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »

if youre dying of metal being in you there are certain questions like "what is the metal" that you should probably answer instead of telling people about your sexuality
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »

as bad as american health care is, there's just no way it's that fucking terrible

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
deathtotheweird
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

Some things just don't make sense.

I was not prepared for the court case, and I lost miserably.
Since it was apparent that my insurance was not going to help, it was then that I went for malpractice. The same story, I was not prepared. The strategy of claiming "How else would it have gotten there?" was no match for the hospital's lawyering hocus pocus.
huh?

a low probability of survival.

what. removing a foreign object is a pretty common procedure, I don't get this low probability of survival thing.

also you don't get "metal poisoning" from forks or clamps or something they accidentally left in you. you get infections and things like that. they don't make medical tools out of lead.

someone on reddit suggested that this is a ploy to get people to pay for her sex-reassignment surgery. I googled and many figures suggest that ftm is often in the range of 7 to 24 thousand dollars.

On a side note, there is a second surgery that I am seeking to get caused by the accident, however, it is not vital to my survival, but it is vital to myself being able to live a normal life. I have not picked a surgeon for this operation, though I've received estimates upwards of $25,000.

that isn't solid proof or anything. but it's something to think about. at worst it's a scam. at the very least it's very dishonest. she offers no proof or any kind of evidence that she isn't lying.
poe
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »

Hello I want to be an indie game designer. Please finance my life.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2013, 05:58:57 PM »

im going to die unless you, the reader, pay for me to not die. i cannot tell you how or why i am going to die, but what i can tell you [turns to camera 2 which is directly connected to tumblr.com] is that my mom hates my gayness.
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »

my friend's brother is trying to kickstart a bicycle rack he designed

>checkert out<

Uykered
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »

Jeremy Soule's one is going to be awesome:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/499808045/from-the-composer-of-skyrim-soule-symphony-no-1
deathtotheweird
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:16 PM »

as predicted IndieGoGo took the campaign down for miss metal poisoning. shortly after her goal was obtained.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-09-homesick-dev-chloe-sagal-successfully-crowd-funding-life-saving-operation
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:38 PM »

If this does indeed turn out to be a scam, I'm gonna be pretty annoyed with The Indie Stone (again). They're the ones that gave this campaign legitimacy by supporting it -- without apparently doing any due diligence at all to check the veracity of it.

Laserbrain Studios
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2013, 12:05:41 AM »

would be interesting to know what this "fraud algorithm" does. though they probably won't give it away because it'd give scammers a way to circumvent it.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2013, 12:13:46 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just bullshit-talk for "we had an employee take another look at it".

The weird thing is that IndieGoGo allegedly took the campaign down once before, then put it back up when they'd been satisfied it wasn't a scam. Allegedly.

Laserbrain Studios
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2013, 03:24:10 AM »

if it's a scam then I just really don't get it. she's apparently a gamedev and yet she'd be throwing any credibility away by scamming people. it seems really short-sighted just for like $35,000

also wow, project zomboid made $4000 in the 3 days it was donating money. I didn't think sales would still be so good. I wonder how much of that was because the money was being donated

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »

I guess, but it means she can't really do any public gamedev stuff from now on without being hated on

I'm not saying $35,000 is anything to sniff at, but I still wouldn't give up indiestuffs for it

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:10 AM »

also wow, project zomboid made $4000 in the 3 days it was donating money. I didn't think sales would still be so good. I wonder how much of that was because the money was being donated

A lot of it I imagine. Most of the first articles I saw about the campaign were all about how you could buy Project Zomboid to support this gamedev.

I guess, but it means she can't really do any public gamedev stuff from now on without being hated on

I don't want to bring in conspiracy theory stuff from reddit and other such places, but a lot of people suspect that she's transgendered, so Chloe Sagal might not be her real name and she might not look like this normally (like caiys implied). That immediately sprung to my mind as well when I first watched the video, but it initially didn't seem relevant. However, if this is a scam, Chloe Sagal might just be an internet persona, so whoever this person may be in real life wouldn't have quite as much to lose.

I really hope none of this is true (that it's a scam, not that she's transgendered), as it could hurt other honest campaigns like it in the future.

I'm also still somewhat puzzled by why The Indie Stone seemed so eager to throw their support at this campaign, with the only proof of its validity being that Chloe Sagal is a member of their forums -- and her not even asking for their support. They didn't even talk to her before publicly announcing their support. If I were a conspiracy-seeing kinda person, I'd note that The Indie Stone are almost done with their RC of Project Zomboid and will soon launch it on Steam. Their support of this campaign has certainly won them some attention...

Laserbrain Studios
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic