Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:49:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)"Tiled Map Editor" to "Game Maker" MAP CONVERTER (with download link)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Tiled Map Editor" to "Game Maker" MAP CONVERTER (with download link)  (Read 7902 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »

Hello TIG! While developing our current game J2H we have faced a problem of built-in Game Maker level edtior to be very limited in it's abilities, thus began to search for alternatives. We needed a very simple and handy map editor that would support multiple layers (and manipulations over them). A matching one was found quite fast – Tiled Map Editor. It's capabilities were fully covering our needs and so a loader for ones map format was done in Game Maker.

All info, Settings and Instructions
Download Tiled2GM Converter
Tiled Map Editor

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:54:53 AM by Winged Doom » Logged

Hedgehodg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:16:41 AM »

If there is some sort of XML parser in Game Maker you could use http://tide.codeplex.com/ it supports layers... Or are you just stating that you have found a map editor? Sorry, but I am confused :D Also, just checked out the J2H topic - the game awesome - nice work!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:32:08 AM by darestium » Logged

Previously known as "darestium"...
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:02:09 AM »

If there is some sort of XML parser in Game Maker you could use http://tide.codeplex.com/ it supports layers... Or are you just stating that you have found a map editor? Sorry, but I am confused :D

No, we are use Tiled Map Editor as map editor. Ok it's my fail, now i updated original post with link to Tiled authors.
Also our converter included GML-based map loader to GM and it's not present in tIDE. In other words map created in Tiled Map Editor passes two stages on a way to game -
  • converting process (with our parser)
  • loading (with GML-script) in game sourse

Also, just checked out the J2H topic - the game awesome - nice work!

Thank you ^__^

Ant
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »

I don't have much need for this right now but I'm sure I will at some point due to GM's woeful room editor, so thanks for the tutorial.  SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

P.S. Your spriting is phenomenal.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic