Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:30:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDiluvium
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Diluvium  (Read 8342 times)
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »

>>> Teaser trailer

During the deluge, wizards wage war amongst themselves to be the only Ark. Summon animals to your side by typing their names, and watch them fight your opponent's invocations.

Diluvium is a multiplayer typing-strategy game created in 3 days for the 2012 edition of Toronto Game Jam, by Les Collégiennes.

Made by:
Renaud Bédard
Henk Boom
Devine Lu Linvega
Dom2D

I spent the week-end making this game with 3 amazing game makers - Renaud Bédard, Henk Boom and Devine Lu Linvega (Aliceffekt). I spent most of my time drawing ALL THE ANIMALS, which was super fun (but my left arm disagrees), eating healthy (hrm) snacks, going to Betty's (enchiladas and Lemon Tea Beer), shooting the crap and altogether having a blast. I'm quite proud of what we accomplished as a group, I can't wait to have everyone play it.

It should be available to download in the near future.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:58:10 AM by Dom2D » Logged

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »

Here's a pic of all the animals I drew for Diluvium. There's 85 animal categories (some are secret, so they don't appear in this pic), 255 animal names that you can type in and summon in the game.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »

This looks really great and I love your style  Kiss

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:16 AM »

Are those digitally drawn, or hand inked?

Could fool me either way Smiley
Ashkin
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Whooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

These were drawn digitally (my arm still hurts)!

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Here's two of the secret summons [TIGS EXCLUSIVES] from Spelunky and Meatboy! Smiley

Gentleman

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »

It looks so pretty. Looking forward for it. Smiley

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »

>>>>>>

is out!

Also, we fixed up the game a bit in the past few days and it's gonna be released soon! We're demoing it on June 6th at the Mount Royal Game Society in Montreal if you guys happen to be around Smiley

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »

Looks sweet!

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 01:24:39 PM »

this looks great! Does the order animals are stacked in make a difference to their stats?

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »

Looking great guys, amazing style and love the bold lines and gameplay. Only thing I'm not sure about is the chimney type mushrooms in the stages which stylistically don't seem to fit in as well as the rest of the things. They seem more 3d without the bold outlines.

Games looking great though  Hand Thumbs Up Left

mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:19 AM »

really nice! The style reminds me the old isometric games like Head over Heels.  Kiss

screwtape
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »

HOW was this made in 3 days!? I really dig the art style.
Does the player directly control the animals or do they have AI?
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »

Thanks everyone.

HOW was this made in 3 days!? I really dig the art style.
Does the player directly control the animals or do they have AI?

Diluvium was made by 4 amazing people, that's how! We split up the work according to each team member's strengths.
The animals have their own AI, based on their stats!

this looks great! Does the order animals are stacked in make a difference to their stats?
The order does not change anything, no.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

That's really interesting Smiley the only thing I had control is the summoning only and they do all the work Smiley nice concept but why didn't you consider some commands that affect the gameplay too not only the summoning for example using spells or commands that affect the AI of the summoned creature?

But overall looks so nice waiting on fire to try it Smiley

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »

Wow, that's a lot of variety in the creatures! And you packed a lot of character in each of them...such a great style Smiley I wonder about the 'totems' obscuring shorter ones in the view though. It seems like the shorter ones get lost behind taller ones right now. That said, for three days work I'm astounded!!

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 05:58:50 AM »

Hey ! Diluvium can now be downloaded for OS X and WIN

This is a multiplayer typing tactics game where you incarnate an animal summoner. You must type, quickly and intelligently, sequences of animal names to counter and destroy your opponent. The game will most likely let you summon any animal you can think of, choose wisely for each animal has it's own speed, power and intelligence stats.

You can choose to play alone by typing LOCAL in the login. This will let you play against the computer and possibly make you discover new animals. You should play multiplayer. By leaving the login input EMPTY and by pressing enter, you will host a game and the client will then wait for a connection to happen. By typing an IP address you will connect to a hosting client at the selected IP address.

If you wish to turn off the sounds, type in MUTE in the login field. You might have heard something about cheatcodes, well, if you know any. They must be typed into the login screen.

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:34:53 AM »

Oh and guise, I heard you can type "CHIPTUNE" at the connection screen to get a secret alternative chiptune version of the soundtrack.

Gentleman

Ashkin
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »

Wh- what? That was quick...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic