Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:25:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrea
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Crea  (Read 32367 times)
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »

Yeah, profiling is a good idea. librocket seems fast in Release mode but it is really slow in Debug mode but then again, in debug mode they have some nice tools for helping debug UI issue and inspecting UI elements. I'm interested to hear what you end up going with. Smiley

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »

I put together a new video that goes over an example of some advanced modding in Crea. This gives a fairly good representation of the type of power modders will have.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »

Been extremely busy with the Kickstarter. We reached our funding goal!

Over the last week I have posted some great updates on Crea's Kickstarter in case anyone is interested such as a three part update detailing the vision of Crea (Community | Gameplay | Worlds). There is some other good stuff in the updates such as some of the first music for Crea.

Besides that, in development I have been working on a few various things. Finally started to add lighting into the game. Finished the sunlight logic and am currently working on the dynamic (and colored) lighting. Hoping to finish that up soon!

I want to start posting more updates here again soon. Kickstarter is ending in a few days and I should then start having more time.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »

Congratulations on reaching your goal on Kickstarter.  I love how easy it seems to be to mod the game, I am sure people will make some great mods.  Llamas are cool too.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

Congrats on the kick starter! If DayZ and TF2 have proven that modding is important then I'm not sure what has. So I love your commitment to mod support. It sounds like you've really created a robust engine with mod support in mind the whole way, which is very impressive and quite the feat!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »

What, wow? Congratulations mate, I wouldn't have thought a game this early in development could have got funding. I'm totally out of touch. Smiley

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »

Thanks guys :D

We have a livestream going on right now and all day. Come watch us develop and more.

http://www.twitch.tv/siegegames/#

Click here for details on the livestream.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

Our kickstarter is almost over!

Our last livestream ended well and we had a lot of fun. So much so that we are going to do another livestream as our kickstarter comes to a close. Our artist will be drawing another monster, I will be answering questions and chatting with everyone, and we all will watch the Kickstarter finish together. The livestream will air from 3PM to 7PM Pacific Time, Tuesday August 7.

Hope to see you guys there! http://www.twitch.tv/siegegames/

Here are some of the art Kelley made from our last livestream.

IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

Okay
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

backed!

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »

Thanks eld! Love eldgame and would back that in a heartbeat.

Kickstarter Finale Livestream starting soon...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:35:46 PM by jmcmorris » Logged

Cyral
Level 0

@Cyral33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

This looks very cool, But the gameplay seems so much like terraria.

C# Developer and Graphics Designer
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »

Congrats!! Smiley

play hydlide 2
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sort of, I wish if you kickstarted enough you could get a giant stuffed lama.

Anyway best of luck. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:40:26 AM by Squid Party » Logged

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »

Congrats on the successful kickstarter dude, the colors look phenomenal has this awesome fantasy essence that I enjoy more than Terraria.

Wish you the best of luck upon release time.

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

Our kickstarter ended with a huge success. Our goal was 15,000 and we ended up with 27,870. That is 185% of our goal. Simply amazing.

I recommend reading our series of posts "Crea's Vision" (Community | Gameplay | Worlds)

Thanks for the support guys. Also thanks for putting up with me only talking about the kickstarter for the last month. From here on out I'll be posting much more interesting and meaty development updates. :D

eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »

Thanks eld! Love eldgame and would back that in a heartbeat.

Kickstarter Finale Livestream starting soon...

Thanks! It was just right enough to make me want to get it Tongue

But with the twist of modding!

That's what caught my interest at least Smiley. Seems to be python?

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2012, 10:43:42 PM »

Very recently (this last week) I finally made the jump from spare time indie dev to full time. I am on personal leave from my job for 2 months and if things go well during this time I hopefully will make that permanent. I'm very excited about this. I made the decision before the Kickstarter was successful and with its success things are looking pretty good.

I have been considering doing a daily update or perhaps every other day. This idea is directly taken from Gabriel Verdon's "The Archer" here. I have considered this before but didn't think it was feasible while only working on the game in my spare time. I may do it even if no one says anything, but I'll ask this anyways. Anyone interested in me doing this? If so what type of stuff would you be interested in me talking about?

But with the twist of modding!

That's what caught my interest at least Smiley. Seems to be python?

Yeah, all content is described inside of python scripts.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 06:56:43 AM »

I have been considering doing a daily update or perhaps every other day. This idea is directly taken from Gabriel Verdon's "The Archer" here. I have considered this before but didn't think it was feasible while only working on the game in my spare time. I may do it even if no one says anything, but I'll ask this anyways. Anyone interested in me doing this? If so what type of stuff would you be interested in me talking about?

Great to hear that you're using Python (I believe I've already commented on this), but I love the language. It's powerful, but easy to use. Should be easy for modders to pick up, too.

Daily updates would probably be a good idea. Keeping them short might also be advisable, unless there's something that you want to expand on (i.e. a character, item, or feature that you want to implement). That way, people can build up their hype for the game without you having to show the secrets and finer points that you want to keep 'in the dark'. Just a "Worked on terrain. Now objects snap to them." or "Implemented pets and vehicles." will show the game's being actively worked on, and you can keep larger 'bombshells' for specific posts. At least, that's what I think.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »

Thanks SolarLune. I'll try that and definitely do my best to keep them short - for everyone sake. Wink

Today I worked on the lighting system more. It is a pain but I made some progress. Got dynamic lights working but I need to do some fine tuning and optimizing.

Also did a decent amount of content planning and UI planning. Here is the mockup our UI guy is putting together at the moment.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic