Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:47:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosRoyalty-Free Game Music Library and Custom Audio
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Royalty-Free Game Music Library and Custom Audio  (Read 2888 times)
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:41 PM »

My name is Andrew Riley, owner of Lucky Lion Studios and composer of over 70 titles, including the top selling iPhone games Goblin Sword and CraftedBattle and the forthcoming PC RPG Secrets of Grindea. If you're in need of original music, I'm currently available for custom music requests. Please fill out the form found on the Lucky Lion Studios website or feel free to reply to this thread with any questions. I can work in most styles.

I've also created a Royalty-Free Video Game Music Library currently containing 200 tracks available for purchase and immediate download.

For select samples of custom music and published works, please see the portfolio section.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:39:43 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

The library has been updated with 5 more songs, bringing the total to 105 original songs for just $5 each.

The new songs are: Daylight Battle, Roll On, Gravity, Reflections, Dreadnought Machina
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:19:10 AM »

The latest update to the Royalty-Free Video Game Music Library brings the total number of tracks available to 110, available for just $5 each.

The latest songs:

Osiria, Victory And Defeat, The Coffee Bean Incident, Lazu, Fragments

Victory And Defeat is actually four short tracks. Two victory songs (a short and extended version of the same piece) and two defeat / game over (again, one short and one extended version).

http://luckylionstudios.com/library
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:40:12 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:14 AM »

The Royalty-Free Video Game Music Library has been updated with 5 new tracks, bringing the total to 115 songs available for just $5 each.

The new additions:

The Drowned Cutlass (adventurous)
Gearing Up (chiptunes/retro)
Drops of Dew (electronic/beat)
Phantom Drone (ambient/horror)
Stolen Hearts (piano/strings)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:40:29 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:50:13 AM »

The library has been updated with 5 new songs, bringing the total to 120 songs.

The new songs are: Bring Your Galoshes, Chemistry, Beakers, Hidden Temple, Weaving Girl
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »

The Lucky Lion Studios Royalty-Free Video Game Music Library has been updated with five new songs: Humblebug / Cobra Effect / Time's Pulse / Obsidian Mirror / Roux

A slew of new descriptive tags have also been added to make searching through the library for suitable songs a little easier.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:42:43 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »

The royalty-free library has been updated with 5 new tracks, bringing the total to 135.

The new songs:

Unyielding: epic/orchestral
Una in Black: epic/electronic
Bundtling: calm/adventure
Results and Retry: two tracks (win/lose), orchestral style
Level Complete and Game Over: two tracks (win/lose), 8-bit style
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:40:45 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 02:51:09 AM »

Can I recommend not being so protective of your files?
I liked some of the tracks on your site (I think) but I'm hesitant to buy anything because I can't hear what they sound like at their true audio quality.

If you look around the internet most people selling royalty free music will simply have the tracks on soundcloud at their full bitrate with no 'watermark' thing like your repeating 'lucky lion dot com' voice.

I think you'll get more sales by impressing people so much with an awesome track that they will pay for it, rather than impressing no one with music that can't be pirated

Even if people did pirate your tracks, that doesn't give them rights to use it, you would have grounds to sue them for royalty if they did, people could only pirate it for the purpose of listening to it (which is good for your business, not hurting it)

LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. Is this based solely on my use of a watermark, or is there something else (protection-based) that's preventing you from enjoying the songs?

Most of the previews have a 320kbps bitrate, though some of the older ones are 192kbps. Either way, that's not abnormal, and rehosting on Soundcloud wouldn't help that.

Regarding the watermarks, I would have to respectively disagree.

While some people may preview their tracks via a third party site as you suggested, many larger (sites selling hundreds of songs) royalty-free library sites' previews are indeed watermarked. It's an extremely common practice, and it's done with good reason. It's neither cheap nor easy to find and sue people who use the tracks without the proper license, and it's incredibly easy to lift the previews from the site without paying for them.

One thing I am planning to eventually do is reduce the overall volume of the watermark, but I have no plans of removing it entirely. I'm eventually planning to create a subscription model, and would most likely remove the watermarks for subscribers, but that's a ways off.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »

Most of the previews have a 320kbps bitrate, though some of the older ones are 192kbps. Either way, that's not abnormal, and rehosting on Soundcloud wouldn't help that.

Oh, really? all the tracks I listened to seemed like they were playing at a very low/compressed bitrate, or like it was in mono or something else odd

LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 01:39:54 AM »

The royalty-free library has been updated with 5 new tracks, bringing the total to 140.

The new songs:

The Egg Commotion: upbeat/orchestral/adventure
Oolong Kong: 8-bit/adventure
Blackwood: ambient/mood
Wristbands: beat/piano
A Lost Wish: ambient/calm
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:40:59 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »

The royalty-free library has been updated with 5 new tracks, bringing the total to 145.

Paypal has also been added as a payment method.

The new songs:

Spectral Manor: Adventure/Upbeat
Aludra: Electronic/Beat
Vega: Electronic/Beat
Forgotten Pathway: Dungeon/RPG
Kita: Electronic/Mood
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:42:22 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »

Five new songs added to the royalty-free library (150 total):

Gaelport: Adventure/RPG
Moving Mountains: 16-bit/RPG
Erzsebet: Electronic/Horror
Goodnight Eleanor: Epic/Mood
Like the Wind: Action/Adventure
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:41:11 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 03:58:26 AM »

The royalty-free library has undergone a massive overhaul, with 10 new songs added, and a slew of new features.

What's new:

Click-to-play: to play the song's preview, simply click on the name of the song in the library.
Playlists: select one or more genre tags from the top of the library to display only the songs that have been tagged with the selected genres.
Continuous playback: the next song in the library will now automatically play when the current track ends, so you're free to pick the tags of your choice, press play and try out your game to see what works best.
Improved layout reduces loading times and keeps all 160 songs on a single page.
10 songs added: the top ten songs in the library were recently added (the library sorts tracks in order of the date they were added by default, so the newest tracks will always appear at the top).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:41:55 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »

Five new songs added to the royalty-free library (165 total):

Ever Away: Calm/Adventure
Until The End: Orchestral/Dungeon
Trenches: Action/Industrial
Facing Danger: Action/RPG
Seafoam Sails: Adventure/Theme
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:41:23 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 11:39:36 AM »

Five new songs added to the royalty-free library (175 total):

Alone In The Pines: Adventure / Upbeat
Deep Dark Waters: 8-bit / Action
Sand Blocks: 8-bit / Upbeat
Winter In Haruna: Mood / Calm
Masala: 8-bit / Action
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:41:38 AM by LuckyLionStudios » Logged
LuckyLionStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 11:36:02 AM »

The library has been updated to 200 total tracks, and I am currently available on a limited basis for custom work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic