Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:20:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsforma.8 [New video, new images, revamped first post!]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: forma.8 [New video, new images, revamped first post!]  (Read 25618 times)
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2014, 03:11:26 AM »

Wow, I lost track of this game for a while only to find it sexier and more awesome looking than ever  Blink

I thought about Pixeljunk Shooter the moment I saw the fluids screenshots. Any chance you're using a similar (yet simpler) approach to Navier-Stokes based simulation?

Keep up the amazing work. Best of luck on forma.8 from Sicily Wink

Thanks Bandreus!

We would like to give more and more news here about the development but we are always super busy, hope things get better in the next few weeks since we have some great news coming. Wink

Sadly we are not using a real fluid simulation in the game: the target was 60fps on iPad 1 (now dropped for iPad 2+), so any pseudo realistic fluid simulation was out of question. The fluids interacts with the player with a simple approach based on the classic spring method, so only the water line moves.

Hope to have full simulation in the next game! Wink

Mauro

Cofounder of MixedBag
Twitter:@MixedBagGames
Launched: Futuridium EP Deluxe for PS4 / PSVita
Working on: forma.8
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 03:22:25 AM »

Yeah that makes sense. Actually, now that I think about it, it was silly of me to ask (a Navier-Stokes solution, no matter how much simplified, would easily prove too much for the iPad hardware while aiming for 69 fps I guess).

The screens look lush as hell nonetheless, well done!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

PeteH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2014, 03:29:55 AM »

Looking beautiful Smiley Well done!

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »

Looking beautiful Smiley Well done!

Thanks PeteH!

The game changed a lot during the years, and we are really happy how it's shaping up. It was a lot more work than we anticipated, but we're starting to see the end of the tunnel. Wink

New trailer coming soon. Wink

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 03:38:26 AM »

Yeah that makes sense. Actually, now that I think about it, it was silly of me to ask (a Navier-Stokes solution, no matter how much simplified, would easily prove too much for the iPad hardware while aiming for 69 fps I guess).

The screens look lush as hell nonetheless, well done!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Thanks! Beer!

Hope to have the new trailer ready soon!

Cofounder of MixedBag
acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »

The trailer looks and *sounds* incredible:

Really dig the quiet, slow-paced, moody vibe - I hope this music isn't just a placeholder...

Any chance this will come to PC?  I'd love to play it on some good speakers ;)

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:24 AM »

The trailer looks and *sounds* incredible:

Really dig the quiet, slow-paced, moody vibe - I hope this music isn't just a placeholder...

Any chance this will come to PC?  I'd love to play it on some good speakers Wink

Thanks! Smiley

The music changed a bit since the start of the project, it was a test track for the game, but I think you'll be pleased with the results.
We'll share more very, very soon, in a couple of weeks we'll have a cool announcement to make, and I hope we'll be more active here also.
And yes, there's more than a chance for forma.8 on PC... Wink

Cofounder of MixedBag
mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2014, 06:41:38 AM »

Hello everyone,
I know this devlog is not updated very often, but it was an incredible year, so much things to do, and so many things have changed...

All that just to say that forma.8 is now a larger scope product, and that we are going to ship it on a lot of platforms: PS4, PSVita, WiiU, Mac, PC, Linux and iOS.

here is a new trailer, and the renewed website:

http://www.forma8.net/

Hope you will enjoy it, oh and if you like, please upvote us on greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232708850
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:57:59 AM by mauz » Logged

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2014, 06:52:30 AM »

Whoa, this trailer is amazing, I love the music and the overall atmosphere. The game looked pretty generic to me when I first noticed it some time ago (the black silhouette minimalistic style is becoming way popular) but now it has a great vibe of its own. Voted on greenlight and can't wait to see it released Smiley

mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 07:03:06 AM »

Whoa, this trailer is amazing, I love the music and the overall atmosphere. The game looked pretty generic to me when I first noticed it some time ago (the black silhouette minimalistic style is becoming way popular) but now it has a great vibe of its own. Voted on greenlight and can't wait to see it released Smiley
thank you very much, we can't wait too, still a lot of work to do...  Durr...?

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2014, 07:13:04 AM »

Is the music in the trailer by Omar Ferrero? Can I download it anywhere?

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2014, 07:17:54 AM »

Awesome progress guys, this is shaping up better and better  Gentleman

So you're going to release on basically every platform but C64. Cool!

Also voted on greenlight ofc. Keep up the great work  Beer!

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »

Super-duper concept although I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the genre chosen for the soundtrack so far. Doesn't really match with the arts and the mood of the game I think.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 04:03:07 AM »

Is the music in the trailer by Omar Ferrero? Can I download it anywhere?
Hi Netsu, we are trying to persuade him to put the track on his soundcloud, keep an eye on it. Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/this-is-qubit

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »

Super-duper concept although I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the genre chosen for the soundtrack so far. Doesn't really match with the arts and the mood of the game I think.

We've changed the kind of soundtrack used in the game quite a bit. It was really different at the beginning of the project.

Cofounder of MixedBag
mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2014, 05:47:03 AM »

Wow! This looks and SOUNDS awesome! I just watched the trailer on the site and I LOVE the music. I'm a musician too and I love the atmosphere and tone. I actually like the darker mood to go with the more colorful / simple visuals, it adds a layer of ominousness that is less represented visually and makes the game feel weightier.  Also love love love the sound design, the little descending note figures on item pickup, the sound for the dragon plant and the way the foreground and background sounds interact.  Also congrats on getting this on so many platforms!  Very impressive all around.

M.

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »

UPDATE 02/07/2015

Hey there... we're still alive (and kicking!).

Our last update was from almost a year ago, when we announced that forma.8 was going multiplatform.

After launching Futuridium EP Deluxe on PS4 and PSVita last year, we re-started working full time on forma.8. One of our intention is to finally be more open about the development process and share more updates. We still don't have a release date for now, and we don't want to share one 'till we are 100% sure about it.
We already shared a couple of release dates and missed them all, so next time it'll be the 'good one'. Smiley

Right now we are undergoing a small redesign of the game, raising the bar. We don't want to alter the look and feel of forma.8, but add more details, effects and animations, with the intention to give more 'life' to the forma.8 world.

Here are a sneak peek at a couple of redesigned areas:

Oh, and as a bonus, here's a look at the Wii U port, something we got up and running this week!
(it was quite easy, thanks Unity!)

Thanks for the support, we'll try to be a lot more present here!

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2016, 06:12:07 AM »

Aaaand... we're still here, working on the game like crazy.
It was quite a busy year, considering the last update was from more than one year ago (!!!). Working on different VR projects and on various Futuridium ports took us a lot more time than anticipated, but we're now 100% fully focused on forma.8, hoping to release it in a not-too-far future.

Anyway, we're now keeping a dev diary that'll be regularly updated, here's the first part:

http://blog.mixedbag.it/post/140812304538/forma8-dev-diary-1-scenes-composition

We're using a lot of unusual techniques on forma.8, starting from designing levels straight in Illustrator and then importing them in Unity as .svg.

Hope you'll enjoy the dev diary, we'll have more in the following weeks!

Cofounder of MixedBag
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic