Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:13:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139275 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

today........I patched a huge memory leak issue in the IGF build that luckily I caught on a playthrough (I ran through most of the dungeons today). Not much otherwise. why?

wednesday is a bad day in terms of classes for me (3 hours worth) and on top of that I have problem sets due friday for my discrete math and formal languages courses...both of which are just, to be honest, only mildly interesting. blah, plus I...okay, enough complaining.

play hydlide 2
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »

This game looks pretty nice and Imo it has pontential! Its seems that you have done a lot of work on this and i hope you guys make profit.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »

This game looks pretty nice and Imo it has pontential! Its seems that you have done a lot of work on this and i hope you guys make profit.

so do I! I'm curious as to what else I'll manage to create if I keep making games and music...gotta finish this first, though.

Today was a lot of meh homework. I did manage to think a bit about the detailed design of some late-game areas, and work a bit on polishing up some of the music, so today wasn't a total loss.

I'm pretty glad we got to enter the IGF. we'll enter the student one, too.

should get time to work on the game in future days - I do have to write an essay about The Republic so that might take up some time...gah, school. i can deal with it, though

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »

mite have new pics later.

beenw orking on end game stuff and msuic.

here's a snippet of a super weird song im doing

http://tindeck.com/listen/zpfa

play hydlide 2
ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

The tempo change is cool in that little track...what program are you using to make it anyhow? I'm trying to find something a little more versatile than Anvil Studios (am currently trying out PX Tone and liking it). I found another free program called SunVox recently, but it seemed like it's take a good deal of time to get the hang of...

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »

The tempo change is cool in that little track...what program are you using to make it anyhow? I'm trying to find something a little more versatile than Anvil Studios (am currently trying out PX Tone and liking it). I found another free program called SunVox recently, but it seemed like it's take a good deal of time to get the hang of...

thanks! I use REAPER, and then a bunch of soundfonts and a few VSTis (pitch shifter, delay, and some EQs, and this one weird delay thing that comes with reaper..).

within reaper I use the piano roll to type out MIDI stuff which gets played by this soundfont loader called sfz. sfz will take a soundfont (just some file format that stores sounds for different pitches/velocities or something) and then map MIDI to sounds, which then can go through filters,e tc.

I like PxTone a lot, I used it for a platformer. I'd like to make a game and just make (good) music with it - the other game's music was a bit annoying.

-------

Anyways I have a short clip of something:

http://soundcloud.com/seagaia/nearsnip-002

play hydlide 2
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

This is looking (an sounding :D) amazing, cant wait to see more!

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »

play hydlide 2
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »

HOT DAMN MAN
AlwaysGeeky
Level 0

AlwaysGeeky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »

VERY very cool, keep it up! :D
ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

Thanks for the response and explanation! With my budget of roughly $0 though, I think I'll be sticking with my old Anvil studios and PX Tone for the moment. PX Tone seems promising enough for my simple needs  Smiley

Slick looking gif. Those little droplets in the puddle (and the player shadow/reflection!) add a lovely bit of atmosphere.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2012, 09:31:59 PM »

This looks neat. I'm downloading your demo.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2012, 07:45:31 AM »

Thanks for the response and explanation! With my budget of roughly $0 though, I think I'll be sticking with my old Anvil studios and PX Tone for the moment. PX Tone seems promising enough for my simple needs  Smiley

Slick looking gif. Those little droplets in the puddle (and the player shadow/reflection!) add a lovely bit of atmosphere.

Reaper's free for 30 days and then it's like $60 to get a license. definitely a worthwhile investment!

and thanks guys. we are keeping it up! i have to write an essay for school today. /complain

loren, let me know what you think. not too much in those intro areas have changed since the demo - The blue area is much larger and the hub area is no longer a roaming camera - but that's about it. most of the work has been in later areas.
-----

as for what i did yesterday, I worked a bit on designing a boss and started programming it, and then I worked a little on a song.

I literally have one more song to write and then need to add some closing measures to another. and then the soundtrack is done.

it's really, really weird saying that.

there's about an hour of music in the soundtrack. probably closer to 70-80 with the outtakes i'll put on the downloadable ost.

not sure why but I feel very proud of the music, possibly moreso than the game, which is weird...I always feel a little happier when someone likes the songs than when they enjoy the gameplay. maybe because i've been doing music for so long?

play hydlide 2
Drakken
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »

This is looking great, Sean! Congrats on almost finishing the soundtrack; that's a pretty impressive accomplishment in and of itself. I've enjoyed the music you posted so far and am looking forward to hearing the rest.

Drakken's Soundcloud - Check out my original game music and other tunes!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »

This is looking great, Sean! Congrats on almost finishing the soundtrack; that's a pretty impressive accomplishment in and of itself. I've enjoyed the music you posted so far and am looking forward to hearing the rest.

thanks! i'm pretty happy about it and I can't wait to share it when the game comes out.

as for updates, between finishing an essay and playing hotline miami (oops) I haven't work on the game much. I've just been working on another boss. now that the essay is off my hands (took probably 10 hours of my time between planning/doing/procrastination) I'm good to go.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »

welp. i did do stuff today. more progress on the boss, did this one event thingy, worked on some music.

and made this blog post. link is basically the subject of it. it's sorta long.

http://seagaia.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/joys-in-writing-game-music-frustrations-of-the-game-development-process-and-the-potential-of-games-that-convey-understanding-of-emotion/

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »

today is a blue day

i worked more on that rainy part, addded some things...they're secrets, though

also did stuff with other stuff

specific right?

and made a news updat eat indiedb

http://www.indiedb.com/games/anodyne/news/anodyne-update-10-27

play hydlide 2
slot9
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:37 PM »

I only just downloaded the game after watching the trailer. The aesthetics are impeccable. Nice work sir  My Word!
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »

I enjoyed the demo so much that I painted some fan art, here:

kittakaj
Level 1

hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »

Dude, AD1337, that is incredible and really exciting!  Thank you so much!  I'm so glad you enjoyed the demo!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic