Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:29:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139346 times)
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »

Just reaffirming that I lurk this thread obsessively. Smiley

thanks calvin! i don't think we'll be making the twntytwlv lsit o_o we're releasing in january now. imean maybe the game will be done before then. that seems kind of insane, it being done in this same month. holy shit i can't breathe now okay.

I am glad that you aren't going to rush it just to make a silly list Smiley You def should not rush it to make twntytwlv.com, besides I can always just make a twntythrttn.com Smiley
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »

Just reaffirming that I lurk this thread obsessively. Smiley

thanks calvin! i don't think we'll be making the twntytwlv lsit o_o we're releasing in january now. imean maybe the game will be done before then. that seems kind of insane, it being done in this same month. holy shit i can't breathe now okay.

I am glad that you aren't going to rush it just to make a silly list Smiley You def should not rush it to make twntytwlv.com, besides I can always just make a twntythrttn.com Smiley

good point :D 

finally hashed out a decent "description" of the game...updated everything as needed. It's more refined and detailed, I think.

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2012, 12:18:40 AM »

...and started working on minute (or less) long loops for separate boss fight themes, which play upon both the boss and the dungeon's song.

something i wnated to do for a while but couldn't motivate myself till now.

jon got his computer! and thus begins death march mode for us (I still have finals, ends next friday, I can manage, though)

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »

whoa it's been a while shit

Tiled an area. did something...and something else.

today was a bad day. spent a good chunk of time debugging my toy filesystem for my OS class. bleh. working on game now

play hydlide 2
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »

doooooooom

why the fuck do i make gmaes or anything at all jesus sfuckg

What is happening.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »

doooooooom

why the fuck do i make gmaes or anything at all jesus sfuckg

What is happening.

hurkrkrkrhkkhkrrkhkhkrkrkh

wow today was a bad day. i hate school but it's almost over and i'm still making progress on anodyne every day. jon made more cool tiles and more areas are being finished.

It's good progress. nightmares of release, but need to finish first.

working on the supplementary, specific boss songs right now. finished one!!! and have stuff already done of the other ones...woo.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:08:07 AM by seagaia » Logged

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »

wow this tileset really will

i can't show you.

but...

yes.

i finished those boss songs. woot! i think the fights are a lot nicer now!

onwards!

play hydlide 2
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

FIRST Does anyone have tips in terms of timing public release and the press push for the release?

doing some stuff....i'm like, kind of adding stuff in using existing assets - almost stream of consciousness? I don't know, I think they'll be cool touches.

having some anxiety over finishing this in a month. I think we can do it, though...

I applied to some scholarship to go to GDC...if I get it then it's all-access pass! and i can hopefully meet some other people.

release sounds sort of stressful too. a lot of things. So I'm going to make a (faux but sort of accurate timeline)

unofficial anodyne release timeline

• 12/31 - Game is finished and reasonably tested. Partying commences
  • 1/2 - Big huge press push where I send out free copies
  • 1/? - Fix inevitable few small bugs
  • 1/? - Publically release for PC, Mac, Linux on my website, desura, gamersgate. Offer a free AIR demo, too, via all 3 channels.
  • 1/? - Continue follow up for press. A horrible amount of tech support during MAGFest or first few weeks of school.
  • 1/? - Start Kickstarter for funding iPhone and iPad. try to garner some press on that. Also release SWF demo on Newgrounds and Kongregate, to hopefully drive sales, and greenlight traffic.
  • 2/? - end of kickstarter - release on mobile.

ahhhh.

i need a free copy for macosx so bad ._. SIGN ME UP!!! (blows hunting horn)  Mock Anger

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »

FIRST Does anyone have tips in terms of timing public release and the press push for the release?

doing some stuff....i'm like, kind of adding stuff in using existing assets - almost stream of consciousness? I don't know, I think they'll be cool touches.

having some anxiety over finishing this in a month. I think we can do it, though...

I applied to some scholarship to go to GDC...if I get it then it's all-access pass! and i can hopefully meet some other people.

release sounds sort of stressful too. a lot of things. So I'm going to make a (faux but sort of accurate timeline)

unofficial anodyne release timeline

• 12/31 - Game is finished and reasonably tested. Partying commences
  • 1/2 - Big huge press push where I send out free copies
  • 1/? - Fix inevitable few small bugs
  • 1/? - Publically release for PC, Mac, Linux on my website, desura, gamersgate. Offer a free AIR demo, too, via all 3 channels.
  • 1/? - Continue follow up for press. A horrible amount of tech support during MAGFest or first few weeks of school.
  • 1/? - Start Kickstarter for funding iPhone and iPad. try to garner some press on that. Also release SWF demo on Newgrounds and Kongregate, to hopefully drive sales, and greenlight traffic.
  • 2/? - end of kickstarter - release on mobile.

ahhhh.

i need a free copy for macosx so bad ._. SIGN ME UP!!! (blows hunting horn)  Mock Anger

yeah, if you wanna do a let's play or something, sure!

--

today, worekd on fixing up volume levels of game. made a news post. starting to upload songs to the bandcamp page! won't go live till release, but I'm happy to have it close to ready...

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »

soundtrack is done!

woot!

well, may add a sound test soon. woohoo

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 12, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »

if youre interested in hearing the soundtrack, pm me yr email and i can send you a private stream link! 

that's what i worked on. i finished the last of my hard work today with school, so onto finishing this game..

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »

worked on ending and credits a bit.

did an interview, too! you can listen to it here at 46:20 http://www.indiedb.com/games/anodyne

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

Mostly working on credits sequence still. jon gets his computer so we will have more progress on area tiling, but he's spriting and the like right now.

I also fixed some mobile bugs and got a build ready for the final submission to PAX East Indie SHowcase. I hope we get it!

we'll be doing a podcast with Twinfinite tomorrow at 9PM central/10pm est, so tune in! http://www.twitch.tv/twinfinite

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »

you can watch the interview here:

fixed more bugs recently...been working on the advent calendar game mostly, but ther e are a lot of areas tiled now since a few days ago.

I guess it's mostly random work - npcs here, tiling there., etc, but it's progress yknow

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

ZEL Green Wall 1ZEL Green Wall 2ZEL Green Wall 3
ZEL Green Wall 4ZEL Green Wall 5ZEL Green Wall 6

various things related to nature-y areas were accomplished today...finish line coming closer. woo-hoo. I think we should be good for mid january...

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »

w00t

that means the tilesets are all in usable condition

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #316 on: December 24, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »

w00t

:D
How much longer until the game is done would you say?
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2012, 12:13:52 AM »

w00t

:D
How much longer until the game is done would you say?

hopefully a week or two, need to finish at least most dialogue and the sprites in 9 days before school starts for Jon. I would be willing to try my best in finishing the dialogue, I can't really hack out sprites.

sprites should be straightforward for Jon to do, at least relative to the dialogue - i am thinking of what exactly needs to be written (and conveyed) and it is quite the delicate and tough task. that being said, i have the logic for all the dialogue scenes in so it should be a straightforward thing to pop into the game when we're done.

there really isn't much else to be done, to be honest - i've been testing things like events (which there aren't too many of), and things seem pretty good so far...

if we do pull off finishing that stuff in the next 9 days, game should be out mid-january Smiley ... I might open pre-orders raound MAGFest time since i'll be hanging out there for a few days, so i'd guess it'd be

Preorder: Game + soundtrack: $8

Release: Game discounted to $7, Soundtrack $3

After 1 or two weeks, Game $9, Soundtrack $5 .

hmmm...will be hellish January, that's for sure..

play hydlide 2
saguaro
« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2012, 06:20:09 AM »

...game should be out mid-january Smiley ...  I might open pre-orders raound MAGFest time since i'll be hanging out there for a few days, so i'd guess it'd be

Preorder: Game + soundtrack: $8

i love you
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »

Yeha, or prices close to that.

recently i've been working on secret stuff with the game, and fixing a few bugs. still waiting on sprites at the moment.

Also wrote a lengthy blog post about my past year or so of game dev:

http://seagaia.wordpress.com/2012/12/25/my-first-year-and-a-bit-more-of-game-development/

Probably will start working on the release trailer moer, then.

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic