Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:03:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 139389 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »

amidos - yes, I'll think a bit about the text timing and probably re-do that scene with the tower.

I'm playing through the game (speed run) to look for little bugs and detals issues - then I'll probably focus on trying to break the game!

play hydlide 2
beetleking22
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

Modified Trailer. The font is messed up and squished when I render (I don't know why), but pretend that it's actually not like that (I'll fix it later).

I really like this trailer! Music sound good and new place are pretty sexy. I dont have any critic..
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »

I played through the game today start to finish. Won't say my exact time, but...

I think that the game will probably be anywhere from 6-10 hours to finish the main part of the game. Extra stuff, who knows when/if people will finish all that :D

Fixed a bunch of small things in the process, of course. Including some major issues...phew. Gonna try to break the game soon, it was just a speed run rather than a detailed make sure it all works sorta deal.

I'm considering figuring out controller support....maybe iono. I doubt it would be too hard to do cuz there are AIR APIs but...

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2013, 06:47:53 AM »

6-10 hours is an impressive amount of content, good job. It's in the same range as a lot of single-player indie games with narrative. How much time do you think it would take to finish all the extra stuff?

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2013, 09:14:31 AM »

Yeah, thanks! It's still a rough guess, but most people take about 3x times as long to do something as I do (which makes sense), and then I need to factor in the parts where people also don't know where every item is, etc, which is why I increase the upper bound a bit.

The extra stuff - I can't make a good guess. I could do it in less than an hour but I know where it all is - a large part is just finding all of it and that process of discovery, and who knows how long it will take or if anyone will find it all!

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »

Quite a nice length to it Smiley. Controller support could always come later, just pack the game with joy2key in the meantime.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »

yeah maybe! if I can figure out how to do that..at least give the d/l link. oh well. the game's fine (and I'd argue maybe easier) with the keyboard. 

uh, past few days. some stuff. getting some more final stuff into the game (last cutscene!) then some graphics polish...getting friends to test, too...exciting times!

annnnd yeah

happy saturday here's an okay gif, not too spoilery

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2013, 08:14:01 PM »

Just got a lot of stuff in. Finished making a last cutscene.

Um...

I think there's one or two areas to sort of modify a bit...

And then I need to fix some bugs (surprise surprise) and put some stuff jon finished in. Jon might have a sprite or two left?

Weirdly close.

play hydlide 2
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »

I'm having issues with the waterfall border, it looks like it's going in the other direction, making it confusing for me.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »

so something happened today where like the game might be "content-complete" so to speak with a lot of it tested

wooahh

play hydlide 2
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »

Partay!!!!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »

If I know you (sorry) and you're interested in testing let me know (pm is fine or email to [email protected]) , we're still adding SEKRITS and polish but the main game is done.

mostly looking for bugs and small design issues.

play hydlide 2
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »

How have I not posted in this thread before? I thought I had. :/

Anyways, it's looking great and congrats on being so close to release! Now here's my money. Hand Money Left Hand Money Right

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »

thanks john!

---

something magic happened today but...

secret...

ah yeah.

Trying to get test builds out. doing some last minute tweak things...aiming for tomorrow morning

play hydlide 2
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »

So many issues ...fixed!

Huzzah

one of them being acttual patching of the save data tree...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:21:10 PM by seagaia » Logged

play hydlide 2
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »

I'm a proud tester, though I haven't been a good one yesterday and today. Sorry, I had to actually work, but I'll get back to testing the newest version asap!

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 20, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »

Unsurprisingly I'm still fixing things!

We're doing a bit of a UI rehaul.

Screenies of that in a bit.

Poe finished the game! I think the first tester to do so. Woo-hoo.

New title sequence:

http://imgur.com/PuYau2j
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:57:53 PM by seagaia » Logged

play hydlide 2
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

Wow, sweet sequence. Nice work! Finish it off - you're super close (as you already know)!

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »

thanks! and yeah, very close now.

So that horrible bug list is pretty small now. I assume some weird things will roll in, but yeah.

Not sure the turnaround time for releasing on Desura and Gamersgate. We might be done by next monday, but Antichamber and Proteus are coming out on the 30th so the interwebs might be sort of full of news about those games...meh, maybe it doesn't matter!( It probably doesn't...)

oh well. this is kind of weird and all, but yes, the end!

well, I'm thinking about mod support post release....but that's about it, and only if there's a lot of demand. also maybe a boss rush, down the line?

play hydlide 2
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »

I'm not sure about Gamer's Gate, but Desura has a release queue, and will limit the amount of games they publish a day.  It took a little more than a week after Venusian Vengeance finished going through the approval and build review process for Desura to actually release it.  So make sure you've got your final version sent to them at least a week in advance of your planned release date.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic