Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026620 Posts in 41157 Topics- by 32769 Members - Latest Member: rafaelchm

July 25, 2014, 07:05:29 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsFinishedAnodyne - Android version available now
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: Anodyne - Android version available now  (Read 71372 times)
seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #465 on: February 08, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

Yeah that was an unintended way to skip that part - I think i'm leaving it in tho.

We got a video from at0mium, a french gaming site - http://www.at0mium.fr/episode/l-univers-du-jeu-independant/lunivers-du-jeu-independant-anodyne apparently it is a very nice video!!

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »

That french site has been helping a lot with sales. Some good receptions, some not okay receptions from the press (complaints about the jumping and holes being annoying, they kind of are, but most people it doesn't seem to be a problem).

well anodyne's still up for $8 if you want. tomorrow that becomes $10.

ripatti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »

Cool game. I like it.

I found 37 cards and stuck now in place where I should "stabilize the arrangement".
I just don't understand in which place of this "room" I should arrange pieces.
Or it doesn't matter and this puzzle has multiple solutions?
Hmm... Okay, I'll try to solve this puzzle again...

Great Permutator devlog indiedb desura greenlight
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2013, 06:51:28 AM »

Here are a couple of hints:

1) You swap the colored blocks onto the pics of the bosses.

2) If you really get stuck there are only 6 possible combinations (one of the pieces has been placed for you).

3) Read the hints in the nearby rooms.

4) One of the colors is listed by name in these hints, meaning that there are actually only 2 options.

I didn't think the puzzle was that bad, I thought it was pretty obvious what needed to happen.
ripatti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »

Well, I solved it.

It was not oblivious that I should put colored boxes in places where monster pics were placed. After that I tried arrange monsters in true order but colored boxes were in wrong place. Door didn't open. After that I tried place colored boxes into right places but in wrong order. It also didn't work. Hmm... Strange puzzle.

2Fallsburg:
How you done black background in your spoiler text?
upd. wow, it works!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:14:47 AM by ripatti » Logged

Great Permutator devlog indiedb desura greenlight
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »

[glow=black,2,300]Your text here.[/glow]
seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »

thanks fallsburg. we pulled the puzzle for the time being until we can make it...solvable. it was a mistake on my part. pulling it wasn't ideal but I think better than making people unfairly stuck

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #472 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:08 AM »

so there's been that whole thing with the piracy...which has gotten me thinking a lot about piracy, but too tired to post.

ah, game-related...jon made an infinitely better way to phrase that last puzzle so it'll go back in later. no controller uspport yet, my hand hurts, have two midterm things this week, and then something absolutely crazy friday and this weekend...surprises....

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #473 on: February 14, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »

gah, hi.

still haven't done controller support. i will eventually. I swear. a lot of crap on my mind.

first of all since i love tigsource, TPB asked us if we'd like to do a 72 horu promo on their front page. we are doing that, and it starts at 5 AM tomorrow morning. we also got a humble store and wil be doing a min-$1 PWYW sale for the duration of the promo. also i'm selling my soundtrack for min $0.01 PWYW during the promo.

i don't know, it's weird, this is happening pretty fast. It's interesting...and i'm very thankful.

well back to doing some homework. anyone ever read hobbes' leviathan? i gotta write about it...

Reviews have generally been mixed-positive. Ihaven't seen any negative reviews yet. Here are a few that I like for their thoughts on the game.

http://www.altergamer.com/anodyne-review/
http://betafishmag.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/radical-plaything-personal-identity-crisis-monotony-level-design-and-a-review-of-anodyne/
http://indiestatik.com/2013/02/12/anodynes-gorgeous-game-that-kind-of-was/
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/02/anodyne-review-pcmaclinux.html
http://www.gamespot.com/anodyne-2013/reviews/anodyne-review-6403869/

johnki
Level 9

Invisi-wizard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:20 AM »

we also got a humble store and wil be doing a min-$1 PWYW sale for the duration of the promo.
Instabought. Thanks a ton. :D

caiys
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2013, 05:19:06 AM »

we also got a humble store

Oh sweet that's good to hear you got accepted. I rather hope my game gets accepted but I kinda think not have a linux port will hurt its chances greatly since all-platform support is somewhat humble's mantra.

Your gam seems to be getting a lot of press lately which is cool and don't sweat about gamepad support since I imagine most use keybindings anyway. Hand Thumbs Up Right
Gabriel Verdon
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »

Wow, front page of the Pirate Bay! And you got a highly upvoted thread on gaming. Crazy stuff!

By the way, how did you get that set up? Did the Pirate Bay people just see it and post it up randomly, or did you ask them to post it?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:18:06 AM by Gabriel Verdon » Logged

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2013, 09:25:15 AM »

yeah i mean the game uses four directions and 3 buttons so it doesnt seem hard to set up...i wkinda want to do it but i mean i designed the game with keyboard in mind so eh eventually posssibly

hey gabriel:

Okay, so http://torrentfreak.com/pirated-indie-game-devs-get-full-pirate-bay-support-to-crack-steam-120215/ has the story . essentially someone contacted me and asked to upload, i said ok, mod took it down by accident a few days later, /r/gaming and /r/piracy picked the story up, i responded saying "ok its fine if you cant pay/etc" and then re-uploaded the torrent myself, then TPB contacted me!

Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »

Has the whole TPB promotion thing actually increased sales?  Would be pretty interesting to see some statistics on this, if possible.

seagaia
Level 10

this is okay

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »

Has the whole TPB promotion thing actually increased sales?  Would be pretty interesting to see some statistics on this, if possible.

Yes. We've sold more copies than the past two weeks (albeit at an average of $1.50). But it's unlikely we would have sold as much if we didn't do it, press was dying out to the point where we were in the "pray some big youtube person covers you" stage.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic