OK I got the game and decided to write up a bunch of thoughts on it.
[ WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS TONS OF SPOILERS ]
Bugs demonstrated by pics:
There's a spot you can clip through the wall at the western point near the end of the game. This lets you skip like everything but the last room, maybe even the last room I forget: http://i.imgur.com/U28uktp.png
You also seem to have a filter that's not applied to the topmost pixel:http://i.imgur.com/Zob9DM3.png
- When next to an object like a chest or enemy, you cannot jump
- Wolves can go up ladders? In fact most enemies ignore all collision types but walls which is kind of dumb -- they can go through gates, and chests etc.
- Where are two pyramids by the red cube that say the same thing, odd
- Wometimes jumping after you just died from falling will cause you to repeat the same death
- The wolves in the flamin hot area can clip through some of the walls
- Sometimes jumping between 2 areas with lots of floors you can fall down (e.g. getting the broom extend upgrade) you can actually get stuck in an infinite loop falling to your death. It seems that sometimes you can jump the moment you spawn so it's possible to make it back to solid ground without losing all life
- The wall boss's hand can push you into the wall
- There are a lot of small clipping bugs. E.g. bunnies walking on top of you, you and rats walking on top of the blue cubes
Thoughts on the game:
It was a pretty nice game. I had fun. It seemed a little odd that you required all cards to get to the endgame, but I guess you just didn't feel like going easy on the player. OK I've seen this one complained about a lot but, jumping fucking sucked. I mean the jumping itself was fine and dandy. Then you put in extremely challenging jumping puzzles, sometimes multiple in a row just screw with the player. Whyyyy. The story line was very confusing. I mean really. Most of what I was doing as a player didn't feel like I was progressing any sort of story, other than collecting cards to get to the end. Some of the stuff was hilarious, some of the stuff was plain weird.
Graphics were lovely. Music and SFX seemed simple at times, but they both fit the game well. There were two songs in this game that made me orgasm, the main one being the song for the fields. Dear God.
Soo after the game. I've been hunting around and found a lot of interesting things... The extra cards I've found: orange guy, rank, killer ghosts, pyramids, suicidal things. Aside from the obvious challenges you've put a crapload of easter eggs in there. My favorite is the cube smokin' a joint.
It's hilarious that in those extra areas you disable the swap
items I've found: heart, golden dung [a binding of isaac tribute?] (do these require the swap or can they be found normally? I got the heart legitimately at least) OK now the heart chest was just disappointing, but it made me laugh.
Random screens from exploring with swap:
Random doodle? Portal unreachable. http://i.imgur.com/O8iT5MZ.png
Random path that lead to nothing: http://i.imgur.com/tNqTpZj.png
I might try to do a much more thorough exploration later. I've got a good feel for how your mapping system works, so unless you tried REALLY hard to throw people off I think I'd be able to find most of the goods. Basically it seems that you always create a rectangular area of blank maps before working on an area. These seem to be created in rows/columns, so that if you walk on either axis and discover that the map became garbled, it's safe to stop looking for secrets in that direction. Well, that's still a theory I suppose.