Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998413 Posts in 39156 Topics- by 30569 Members - Latest Member: NisshokuZK

April 19, 2014, 07:46:23 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsInstantion - 2D puzzle platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Instantion - 2D puzzle platformer  (Read 829 times)
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:14:37 AM »

Hey eveyone I've been working on this game for almost a year now. It was originally for the GITHUB game jam. The first release is going to be for IOS and Android, then maybe a Ouya followed by a PC port.

So Instance is a game where you can shoot these seeds (you have a total of 3 available) which spawn different "instances" to help solve puzzles.

Here's the teaser trailer:
http://youtu.be/qv4nMgS_3yU

More info and a full trailer coming soon. There's a lot to detail about it. But I'm off to Unite tomorrow, so if anyone else is going drop me a line!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:42:59 PM by Finjitzu » Logged
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »

Nice, clean visual style. Instances should make for nice puzzles. Is there more to it, enemies, platforming, or just the puzzles?

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:24:17 AM »

Thanks, yeah everyone I showed the game to last week the first thing they said was they digged the art. This is only going to be a puzzle game, with basic platforming elements. Levels are timed, instances are tracked. So the first challenge is solving the puzzle. Then getting through in the least amount of time using the least amount of instances. I'll also have an expert mode that will remove some of the elements of the level to make it harder. The closest thing I have to enemies are these proximity turrets that shoot at you. Next week I'll post some more details (gotta make time) and probably have a new trailer near the end of the month.
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »

So my project is finally done. It's off to Apple, now I wait. Haven't been keeping up with the forums. But thought I'd update this. Not sure if it's actually DONE, since it isn't for sale yet but...Lots of things have changed, features cut, named changed, company started, website created... Its been quit a challenge. Here are some final screens:

Game Pitch
Instantion is a 2D puzzle platformer featuring unique clone gameplay.

Control multiple clones simultaneously while solving mind-bending puzzles. Instantion combines dungeon-style puzzle design and trajectory 'sling-shot' aiming with elements like gravity effects, teleportation devices and clone modification. Progress through 50 levels with over 120 puzzles, pushing blocks, hitting switches, finding keys, avoiding lasers and much more! Solve each level with as little clones possible, in the shortest time to get the best grade!

Extra difficulties are included for even more challenge!

Website
Lots more screens/promo stuff is here:
http://finjitzu.com/instantion-info

So yeah any feedback let me know. Or any ideas that I can add, feel free to critique! If anyone wants to take a look at my press kit that includes videos detailed descriptions and all that, send me a pm! Looking to get some feedback before contacting press sites.

Thanks,
Travis
lunarkingdom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »

Looks really interesting, seems to be very unique. Looking forward to playing it!

Working on Invertium. Visit www.lunar-kingdom.com

josh_s
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »

Looks nice, I think the fairly minimalist art will help players clearly see the puzzle elements. The kind of game that might benefit a lot from a level editor (although I appreciate that's a lot of work).

website  |  devlog  |  twitter  |  indieDB  |  facebook  |  steam
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »

Looks nice, I think the fairly minimalist art will help players clearly see the puzzle elements. The kind of game that might benefit a lot from a level editor (although I appreciate that's a lot of work).

Totally agree. In hindsight a level editor would've helped with iteration too. If I took the time to develop an easier way to edit levels. I would've been done the game a lot sooner or maybe more clever. Lessons learned. Next game I'm going to focus more on tools to help development, rather than using Unity's UI.
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »

Well I've passed Apple cert (first try) Instantion will be out April 10th 2014.

Super pumped! First game ever.
Here's another teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjR509kl7vQ
Christian
Level 4

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:57 PM »

Hey, thanks for the email earlier. Didn't realize you had a devlog. Love the look of this game. I doubt we'll be getting The Swapper on IOS so this is the next best thing

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »

Yup no problem. I also have an indiedb.com page too.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/instantion

And yeah it's alot like The Swapper, without the swapping. What's crazy is I actually had it swapping between clones in the very first GITHUB build. But I removed it after a a couple weeks.

I kinda wish I was more transparent now with the development posting on sites like this and indiedb. Next game I'll be sharing alot more of the development with everyone Smiley

Finjitzu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

Well... last video before release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqj3cb3M5GY

Hope you like it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic