Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:03:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧  (Read 63290 times)
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »

Hey guys just updating to post the screenshot of a new feature currently in the works.

any guesses? lol

also check out the super pretty update to the crt effect =)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:32:00 PM by Indecom » Logged
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »

Hey guys, a new update is pending very shortly, featuring...

FISHING!!

among a few other changes Smiley
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2012, 04:47:26 AM »

Hey guys just updating to post the screenshot of a new feature currently in the works.

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/games/1/18/17949/thumb_940x3000/lake1.png

any guesses? lol

also check out the super pretty update to the crt effect =)

mah eyes
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

Is that gonna work like DKC's fishing game? The one on GBA? Because as much as I dislike fishing... that WAS kind of a fun little timesink...

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

The way it will work is you'll be able to move the fishing pole around to entice fish, and when one chomps down on the line you tap the action key repeatedly, trying not to snap the line, to reel in the fish.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »

HUGE NEWS!! miniFlake has been picked up by IndieRoyale.com to be featured in there current product called the Getaway Bundle! If you get in on it now you can get a good price on several great games:

Shattered Horizon
Analogue: A Hate Story
Da New Guys
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Waves
And miniFlake!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »

a C64 loading screen before a game with gameboy graphics Huh?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »

That's just the game's trailer. Has really nothing to do with the game itself.
jonarkanix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »

a C64 loading screen before a game with gameboy graphics Huh?
I haven't seen any graphics in the game that can't be easily done on the c64. Wink

That isn't an insult to the game, just a response to a curious posting.
Ashkin
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

That's just the game's trailer. Has really nothing to do with the game itself.
something is wrong here
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »

Not really. Since the final look and feel of the game hasnt been setup yet, we decided to play around with a C64 theme for the trailer. We may or may not end up using that theme later on. We are pkaying around with a few different ideas.

EDIT: Alpha Update 4 is now live, take a look at what's been added this week.

First up let's discuss the changes in Alpha 4. Each monster type now has their own attack types, most evident in the attack of the blob creature in which a splat damage effect appears over the player. The sound effects system has been put into place, which is currently most notable whilst moving the player about, and during battle where each attack has it's own individualized attack sound. A new CRT effect has been created that simulates the RGB Phase shifting of old monitors and tube televisions, this has been disabled for the alpha for performance issues, but will be a toggle-able effect in future releases. Player collision has also been improved, along with item and monster placement in the dungeons, which is still currently placeholder as the true dungeon population algorithms are being worked on behind the scenes. Finally, the biggest update to the game thus far, the advent of fishing. Fishing in miniFlake is played out as a mini game which is entered when the player approaches a fishing hole and presses into the blinking icon. This takes you to fishing mode, which will display a cutaway view of a body of water over a background unique to your current location. As of yet still in an early edition, player interaction in fishing is fairly limited to just reeling in the line when you have a bite by repeatedly tapping ActionKey1, and cancelling out of fishing using ActionKey2.

Now, this hasn't been the only big thing to happen to miniFlake in the past week. Our Final bit of news is just as huge! As many of you are aware, the sounds and music from miniFlake has been strangely absent up until this update which attempts to fill a part of that void. This is shortly to be no longer as we have recently acquired the amazing musical talents of chiptune artist extraordinaire minusBaby! You can expect a great soundtrack filled with tons of retro effects and cool atmosphere. Head on over to his website and take a look at what will soon be powering the the tunes filling your ears while plunging into the depths and slaying monsters, collecting loot, and earning your place as the grand master in miniFlake!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:51:28 AM by Indecom » Logged
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »

This looks incredible! Love the art. I'll have to pick it up on The Getaway Bundle.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. Just finished squashing a big bug that caused the options screen to render improperly. That will be in the next update. Going to be putting a good bit of artwork into the next update as well so things should be getting progressively prettier. Also going to attempt to fix the monster AI's movement algorithms so they dont get stuck behind doors and whatnot.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2012, 02:38:36 AM »

This is awesome :D The art reminds me of DMG-01 games, you've captured the colours and style really well.
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »

Minusbaby's gonna be doing our music

I'LL TAKE TWENTY
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

Thanks a bunch guys.

I'd just like to point out, since there is a large amount of speculation going around in regards to the retro look of the game, the major reasons behind the current look of the game. As many of you know the retro look of the game was a limitation set by myself as a challenge to produce a game with atmosphere while staying within the confines of my set limits. The game is not about next generation graphics with billions of polygons and pixel shaders. What makes miniFlake stand out is the complexity of the game while remaining interesting and easy to play (once you get past the learning curve.) The draw of the game is it's varying length combined with a laundry list of features and things to do to keep yourself busy, from simple dungeon crawling, npc communication and relationship founding, to a plethora of minigames to break up the monotony of the dungeon grind. A vast list of spells and weapons and armor and monsters to use them against that all act independently of eachother in unique ways. These are the things you'd expect to see in any next generation rpg, and we are putting them all in miniflake in spades. Of course i'm also very open to any suggestions that you guys have. I want to make this game something that you'd all like to play. So if you dont see something that you would like to, let me know!

Also, when the game is finished and released on mobile platforms, the touch screen interface should resemble something along these lines:
herror
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »

the final look and feel of the game hasnt been setup yet
the retro look of the game was a limitation set by myself

wat

when the game is finished and released on mobile platforms, the touch screen interface should resemble something along these lines:

(photoshopped stuff with buttons)

wat

Anyway, (late) congrats for being featured on the getaway bundle.  Smiley

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Thanks a bunch. The pixel work in the game is, for the most part, going to stay the same up until the game's final release save for some tweaking and possible gui redesigns that we may or may not go through. The crt screen effect right now is likely temporary and will be expanded on. When the mobile version is released it will be played on an old lcd handheld game type interface similar to the one that i photoshopped. Hopefully that interface will be a fully realized 3d model that could be rotated and viewed from various angles, like you're playing a game, in a game, on a handheld console.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:54 AM »

The actual game in your mobile mockup looks way too tiny compared to the handheld thingy.  I like the idea though, just give the game itself more prominence over the model.

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

Yes, that will definitely happen, this was just a very quick sloppy mockup.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic