Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:07:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧  (Read 63036 times)
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »

Found another lost screenshot from the first version of the game, happy i found it too!

Sorry for the lack of real updates recently though, my girlfriend has endometriosis so about 4 days out of the month i have to take care of her.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »

Hey guys here's an updated screenshot debuting the new dungeon generator.

The hud in the game so far is static, still need to program the inventory, equipping system, and health/magicka/xp bars.

and an early test of the lighting effects.

I know it's hard to read right now, i'm working on that at the moment. Also going to add a FOW/FOV effect to it as well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:33:16 PM by Indecom » Logged
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »

Filter tests!
Screenshot Saturday!

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

Hey guys here's another screenshot, updated the floor tiles and the lighting effect to make the scene more readable, still need to implement the shadows however.

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 02:56:52 PM »

The latest shots look real good. I'm impressed by the CRT effect, even if others are going to tell you it looks messy.

But! You seem to be focusing an awful lot on the graphics. I hope and expect this project goes beyond screenshots/mockups.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »

Trust me when i say this goes far beyond graphics. I've just implemented a unified sprite rendering system that treats effects, monsters, npc's and items the same, and keeps them from overlapping. There's an extensive skills list with over 30 skills and growing, randomized dungeons, as well as randomized unique quests and npc's and relationships. Also this isnt the first time i've programmed this very same game. I had a system in the first version that would generate random names using a complex letter adjacency algorithm. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on Tongue
Angrymatter
Level 0

Is actually not angry.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »

this looks REAAALY good. Cant wait for further progress.

*antymattar spends 8 months rigorously training to draw knees, even going so far as to have weekly appointments with his knee doctor.*
- Thatshelby
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »

Looks really cool! I wish I could see it in motion :/ Love the crt effect though!

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 05:00:50 PM »

much needs to be done before anyone can see it in motion. I'm currently working on a line of sight algorithm that'll improve the quality of the dungeons.

EDIT: Line of sight algorithm is finished!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:30:15 PM by Indecom » Logged
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »

Okay, the technical side sounds interesting too. I'd love to hear more details about the solutions you've come up with. For example, is that line-of-sight raycasted?
Cellusious Games
Level 0

Meows. Pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:00 AM »

damn it's sexy :O ; but the filter hurts my eyes.

https://twitter.com/Cellusious - Pixel Artist - Concept Artist - 3D modeler - Wannabe Coder - Wannabe Musician.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

lol that filter is temporary, The final product will hopefully look something similar to this image:

@subliminal: yea actually raycasting is how i do the line of sight Smiley
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

Hey guys, that pic above is a sneak peak at the trailer i'm putting together for the game. Hopefully it should be finished in the next two days so i can get some publicity, and hopefully funding.
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »

Hi, just registering my interest, this is right up my street, look forward to watching it develop.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »

Thanks for taking interest in the project. It wont' be long til the teaser is up, then focus can be put back into development. Next to implement into the game are enemy ai, turn based gameplay, and the basics of the battle system.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 04:35:19 PM »

Hey guys I've decided to implement player races into the game. Originally this was going to be avoided in favor or player classes instead. However with the addition of customizable facial avatars, it became evident that it would be beneficial to introduce races into the game. These races will all have differing relationships to one another, such as elves and dwarves dont get along or so on. I'll go ahead and list off the playable races below, and you guys can comment on what you think of them, and possibly suggest more to add.

Races playable: Elf, Dwarf, Human, Orc, Undead, Vampire, Gnome, Halfling, Felinus(tiger humanoid), Insectus(buglike humanoid), Reptarian(lizard humanoid), Kaninian(Doglike humanoid), Damonai(Demonic humanoid), Drakonian.

Also each of these races will have customizable facial features, from eyes, nose and mouth, to hair and head shape.

EDIT: Mockup of the facial customizing screen.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:08:19 PM by Indecom » Logged
obsidian_golem
Level 0

Computer programmer / Google oracle

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »

Awesome, I love the idea idea of customizing my own 1 bit character. I wonder what a beard on the felinus would look like. I have a suggestion. How about a several filter presets with the option to customize them using sliders?
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 09:16:08 AM »

this is cool and all with the character customization, but I just want to give a warning. one of the big things about Roguelikes is the players are basically disposable. I don't mind playing with a bunch of sliders for making my skyrim character, because I know i will be that character for a while. the main problem with this is what if the player spends 10 minutes getting their face right and then 3 steps in they hit a trap and burst into flames. will we be able to save a preset fave we like?

obsidian_golem
Level 0

Computer programmer / Google oracle

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Maybe have it remember the last settings used for each race.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic