Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:37:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ♜ SilverQuest: Gaiden ♜ Now on Steam ▧  (Read 63115 times)
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »

Hey guys, to quell your concerns regarding disposability, miniFlake isnt actually a roguelike. Rather it's roguelike inspired. It's more like diablo 2 where there are multiple towns that each have multiple dungeons to plunder. You will have a save and load feature. So feel free to spend twenty minutes customizing your face without worrying about how long you get to use it lol.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »

great. so speaking of diablo will it have a hardcore mode with perma-death for the very brave?

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »

That is definitely a possibility to keep in mind.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

Looking great.  Really polished and impressive UI.

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 01:19:09 PM »

Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone with such nice looking games Smiley
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »

Miniflake on things!

IndieDB
http://www.indiedb.com/games/miniflake
Indiegogo
http://www.indiegogo.com/miniflake
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolfgame/108166632570680
Twitter
https://twitter.com/miniFlakeGame

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »

Hey guys, just posting an update on the progress of the game, facial customization is almost fully implemented, so far orc faces are finished, moving on to the next race. Also going to implement an effects sprite layer over top of the current sprite and tile layers, useful for displaying damage effects and spells.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »

An update appears!
http://www.indiedb.com/games/miniflake/news/approaching-alpha1

Ashkin
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »

Keeping an eye on this.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »

Thanks a ton Ashkin! Really putting a lot of work into this. All the important features in the game are popping up like weeds. we hope to reach alpha by friday so we can begin alpha funding on desura. Speaking of which, how much would you all expect to pay for a game like this. We are aiming at the 5-10$ range.
obsidian_golem
Level 0

Computer programmer / Google oracle

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »

Thanks a ton Ashkin! Really putting a lot of work into this. All the important features in the game are popping up like weeds. we hope to reach alpha by friday so we can begin alpha funding on desura. Speaking of which, how much would you all expect to pay for a game like this. We are aiming at the 5-10$ range.
I would probably pay 5, I am not so sure about 10. I would also like to try a demo (one dungeon only, limited customization, etc) before I buy.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »

this game is beautiful
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »

thanks _Madk

@Ashkin: the main reasons why we are thinking of going up to ten is because of the music we hope to get into the game. We are currently in negotiations with a well known chiptune artist. Also the final visual format of the game will really be quite appealing and worth the extra couple of bucks once the effect is actually in place Smiley
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »

Looks great so far but hard to judge price. Think need to see more moving visuals and gameplay before judging.

jamiebell
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »

This looks absolutely, completely, inspiringly beautiful.

I would love to be a part of this musically, if the guy you've got planned falls through, damn!
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »

Hey thanks for the positive feedback so far guys, trust me we are working on a teaser trailer as we speak, trying to get gameplay to a point where we can record something interesting for the trailer. There is still a bit of work left, spells will need to be incorporated, as well as armor, shields, and other equippable items.
RabidFrog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 03:00:33 AM »

Hey thanks for the positive feedback so far guys, trust me we are working on a teaser trailer as we speak, trying to get gameplay to a point where we can record something interesting for the trailer. There is still a bit of work left, spells will need to be incorporated, as well as armor, shields, and other equippable items.

This has my dungeon crawling senses tingling! 

I am keeping an Blink on this, it looks beautiful!   Toast LeftWizard

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, here's a sneak peak at one of the big upcoming features called the Crawler's Tome.

obsidian_golem
Level 0

Computer programmer / Google oracle

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, here's a sneak peak at one of the big upcoming features called the Crawler's Tome.

Is it a journal? Maybe it's a monster compendium. I would like either.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »

lol it's something vital to gameplay that's for sure. Got spellcasting in place, it's about 75% complete, almost complete enough to be alpha ready, just spells mind you, much more is needed to be complete for alpha but hopefully we can bust it out in the next couple of days. You can bet your asses i'll be busting mine tonight to try and reach alpha by the weekend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic