I just made a game by myself! The game is pretty unpolished and has plenty bugs, so I’m looking for some testers to help me out! You can find the latest version here
It’s an extremely customizable, strategic tactics game. There’s a ton of classes, all which can be customized. Turns are simultaneous to add a layer of mindgames (faster characters can dodge slower characters). Characters
The character system is similar to a RPG system, where players can customize stats and skills. There’s no real progression other than unlocking new classes. Each class has 1 class skill, 3 skill categories, and base stats. If you’ve played Pokemon, the system is much the same!
- The class skill is unique to the class – no other class can use it. This, along with the character’s base stats, usually defines the character.
- The 3 skill categories dictate what skills can be chosen for the character. For example, the Mage class’s categories are Spellcaster, Spellcaster, Support. This means that two Spellcaster-type and one Support-type skill must be assigned to the character.
- Base stats (Health, Attack, Magic, Lock, Flee, Defense, Resistance, Speed, and Move) are used in battle. When creating a character, you’re given 150 points to allocate to each stat to fix weaknesses or accent strengths. (Think EVs for Pokemon)
There’re plenty of imbalances right now, but I’m aiming to make each class viable at “top tier” play.Simultaneous Turn-Based CombatSimultaneous turns
: Each turn, players first submit what actions they want the characters to take. Then, characters take action in order of speed. This simultaneous submission of moves creates a layer of mindgames – faster characters can potentially dodge slower attacks by moving out of the way, so the slower characters either need to predict movement or wait till they’re faster. Lock/Flee Mechanic
: Although characters can move freely around the map, when a character tries moving from an adjacent spot from an enemy, the character can get "locked" if his flee stat is lower than the enemy's lock stat. This reduces the speed of the character, so future turns will be less effective.Resources
: There are several things that players should take into account when using moves. 10 Action Points (AP) can be used each turn (each move costs a certain amount of AP). Each move also reduces the speed of the character to discourage overuse of one character. Battle ScreenGame Modes
There’s currently multiplayer and a “Horde Mode” (keep fighting increasingly harder enemies). The AI is pretty dumb.Future
There’s a lot of stuff I want to put in soon.
- Player owned map. Currently, the world map is only a map selector. In the future, I’d like to make it so players can own spots in the map, and customize the battleground slightly. Once owned, they can also upgrade the landmark in it (such as Town->Keep->Castle or Graveyard->Crypt->Necropolis).
- Interactive tutorial: The tutorial right now really sucks, and I’d like to try to make an ingame step-by-step tutorial. I’m struggling on this right now, actually.
- Daily automated tournaments: I’d like to put in some automated events, such as daily tournaments.
Anyways, I'd really appreciate any and all feedback! I've been working on this pretty much all by myself (save the art, which I commissioned out). Oh, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Game Link!