Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:47:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 525655 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »

I made a new thread since C.A. Sinclair accidentally deleted the old one.

Anyways, DkS already has a Steam page
For whatever its worth, there is no mention of GFWL, though I'm not sure if there should be. What I found odd is this system requirement:
Additional: Multiplayer requires microphone headset support
 Undecided

Also according to DkS FB page there will be a new "battle mode", so people who feared that the original multiplayer will be messed can probably sigh a relief. Steam description of the game sounds pretty much same mechanic as the original one. Guess, match making is for battle mode. Personally I'm ok with that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:55:12 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

Moczan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »

As DarkSouls is next on my "buy as soon as you have some spare money" list, I'm torn between buying it for PS3 and waiting for PC port. As I wasn't following the previous thread too much, what are general opinions on that?
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »

I rarely buy DLC but I'll be there day1 to buy the DS DLC when it comes out on ps3.

The game has been staring at me beckoning me to make a new character  Crazy

Have they done any patches in the last couple months? I'm particularly interested to see if they did any changes to raw weapons.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 12:38:10 AM »

I made a new thread since C.A. Sinclair accidentally deleted the old one.
i deleted my first dark souls character (i was in anor londo, right before biggie & smalls) the same way.  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:51:17 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Sakar
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »

Anyways, DkS already has a Steam page
For whatever its worth, there is no mention of GFWL, though I'm not sure if there should be. What I found odd is this system requirement:
Luckily it seems it won't have GFWL. Two other games that need it (Batman: Arkham Asylum and DIRT 2) both state in the requirements:
Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows – Live

So it probably won't need it
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 06:02:03 AM »

From this point on, deleting anything will be known as "Sinclairing" it.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »

Waiting for forum mod.

I played DkS a bit today picking up my mage build character I started some time ago. Apparently I should go to Blight town next. However, my character feels a bit wimpy compared to my melee/pyro build in last game :/ I probably have to grind a bit to upgrade my armor and farm some moss to counter all poison in Blight town.

As DarkSouls is next on my "buy as soon as you have some spare money" list, I'm torn between buying it for PS3 and waiting for PC port. As I wasn't following the previous thread too much, what are general opinions on that?
It depends. If you buy PC version you get all extra content sooner, since DLC will come next winter to PS. Then again if you want to play it ASAP, PS3 version should be cheap already.

Have they done any patches in the last couple months? I'm particularly interested to see if they did any changes to raw weapons.
Not sure, don't remember having seen any update prompts though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:09:32 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

iffi
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »

According to the Facebook page there's new magic spells as well, wasn't expecting that.

I'm really looking forward to this - even though I was looking forward to enjoying this summer, August 24 can't come soon enough for me. The absence of any GFWL mention on the Steam page is promising, too, though perhaps it could be an accidental omission. I'm not getting too excited about that until the GFWL situation is clarified, likely at E3.

Sounds good. Big Laff
iffi
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »

According to reports from E3, yes, you can change the resolution. But they did note some performance issues, which the devs acknowledged. Hopefully they'll be able to optimize the game better before the release date. I don't mind too much if they have to delay the PC release a bit to fix technical issues, as long as they get it running smoothly in the end.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 12:14:27 AM »

great news!

not sure how to feel about the voice chat item and the new pvp mode but as long as both are optional i guess it's fine.

also heard somewhere that the new content isn't being developed by fromsoft themselves, though at least some of it seems to be stuff that's been cut from the original version. i wonder if we're going to see more enemies from the special edition artbook other than the chimera.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:58 AM »

I want to know costs. Will it be full price or...
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »

The preorder on German Amazon is 50 Euros. So yup, probably going to be full price. Console DLC will be $15 IIRC.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »

Looks fun.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »

Cool but this boss fight was already shown in the E3 stream. I wish they'd show more of the new content than just that. A walkthrough of one of the new areas would be great.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »

Ok, I missed the stream. Yeah, showing the new areas a bit would be nice.

Btw, I played Painted world of Ariamis recently first time. Very fun and eerily beautiful area I missed in my first playthrough. Didn't kill Priscilla though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 12:58:04 AM »

Painted World is one of my fave levels in the game. I think atmospherically it has more of a Demon's Souls vibe than the rest of Dark Souls.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »

Yeah that's a great looking world.

I still remember thinking I beat the game when I finished Sen's fortress. That next scene was such an awesome surprise.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »

So yeah guys, any tips/personal experiences on how to beat 4 Kings on NG+ with a hybrid melee/sorcery build? I'm trying to get the bad ending so I can't do any other lord soul bosses before them.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

What do you mean by bad ending?  You don't need to give Lord vessel to Kaathe to get the dark lord ending.  Just exit the Kiln after beating Gwyn.

Only difference with giving Lord Vessel to Kaathe instead of Frampt is that you can join into Darkwraiths and get the truth about the story. Though you can't split titanite with Kaathe or feed him items.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »

Whoops  Embarrassed

I want to give the vessel to kaathe anyway cuz i wanna see all the npcs i missed in normal mode.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic