Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:04:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533710 times)
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »

You can have a story that you still piece together, but at the same time doesn't feel random to a newcomer. Like Demon's Souls or Dragon's Dogma.

I like obscurity, secrets, freedom of interpretation, and rewarding curiosity. But I think DS managed to do it just as well without making me feel like a random undead, going through random locations, killing (mostly) random enemies.

Just got out of the Tomb of Giants and farmed some slimes to upgrade my Claymore to Divine +5. Time to kick some ass. Is it okay to go to Blighttown without that ring that allows for normal movement in the water?

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

Yeah, this ring is not of vital importance.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #1022 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

It feels more like a world and less like a collection of mostly-unrelated levels.
collection of 5 interconnected worlds more like. do agree that dark souls feels less "gamey" (hate that word but w/e) though.

btw it's funny how the geography of lordran is completely surreal but feels very "natural" when you're playing the game.

They are interconnected but when playing the game, even when you see the interconnection, they don't FEEL interconnected. When I'm playing 5-1 or 5-2, it doesn't feel connected to 4-1 or 1-3. When I'm trudging through Parish, it definitely feels connected to Burg, Lower Burg, Garden, and Shrine.

And yeah the geography makes NO fucking sense but it's neat. There are also a few spots where you can actually see more level geometry in the distance (Lost Izalith from Tomb of Giants or the swamp from top of Blighttown) and I think that's really cool.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:00:29 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 13, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »

i heard that if you die in darkroot garden (in the right place ofc) you can see your bloodstain from the bridge that leads to sen's fortress (or was it the platform in front of the church i don't remember). anyway that's pretty cool.

they should have directly connected anor londo to sen's fortress imo, but i guess being the game's mount olympus and all it'd make sense that it would be secluded from the rest of the world lol.
AshfordPride
« Reply #1024 on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »

Happy to say I beat Priscilla Princess Tinyfeet.  She was being very bullshit the first times I fought her, in my defense.  Fighting her this time she never went invisible again, but every time previous she would cloak any chance she got.  So now I can wear my new stupid fucking armor and be a big piece of shit.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:00:08 PM by Samtagonist » Logged
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 15, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

Beat the majority of everything before Sen's Fortress as a SL5 sorceror.
Feels good man

It also makes me realize that the "Average SL" of anything before Anor Londo is probably anywhere from base level to SL40, geez.  Facepalm

Also it's quite nice how beatable the Catacombs are, even without a divine weapon.  You just have to look around for clever shortcuts and those usually lead you right behind unsuspecting necromancers.  Grin

This should help with networking too
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2959611
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:04:08 PM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 15, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »

Happy to say I beat Priscilla Princess Tinyfeet.  She was being very bullshit the first times I fought her, in my defense.  Fighting her this time she never went invisible again, but every time previous she would cloak any chance she got.  So now I can wear my new stupid fucking armor and be a big piece of shit.

you can tell where she is when she is cloaked.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »

f u artorias i still can't beat u :<

olücæbelel
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1028 on: November 16, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »

Get +10 Eagle shield. Or any other high stability shield. Thats it if you can't dodge his attacks.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 16, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »

alternatively, learn2dodge
AshfordPride
« Reply #1030 on: November 16, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »

Just got through the Catacombs, from Skeletown to killing Patches, in one go.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: November 16, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »

You do know that Patches becomes a shopkeeper, right? In fact, you're supposed to fall in the hole, and he doesn't do anything after that anyway. (And he gives you two humanities when you bargain with him)

AshfordPride
« Reply #1032 on: November 17, 2012, 05:14:44 AM »

You do know that Patches becomes a shopkeeper, right? In fact, you're supposed to fall in the hole, and he doesn't do anything after that anyway. (And he gives you two humanities when you bargain with him)

Oddly enough, he just started attacking me.  I just went up to talk to him and he quickly went from surprise to anger after I returned from my hole adventure.  It's because I told him I was a cleric.  Now I guess I can't get Sweet Mask of Hella Child.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 17, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »

i think he automatically attacks you if you told him you're a cleric lol
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:21 AM »

I sort of assumed Patches is the reason all the other clerics died (the ones who went down there with Rhea) so it makes sense... Tongue

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 17, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

Why would you tell him 'yes' when how he asks you "Are you a cleric or something?" has the same tone of voice as "Are you a child molester or something?" or "Are you a baby-killer or something?"  Cheesy
Uykered
« Reply #1036 on: November 17, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

Kill every NPC as soon as you see them, none can be trusted.
AshfordPride
« Reply #1037 on: November 17, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »

Why would you tell him 'yes' when how he asks you "Are you a cleric or something?" has the same tone of voice as "Are you a child molester or something?" or "Are you a baby-killer or something?"  Cheesy

It's never a bad idea to say yes to someone.  You like miracles?  You say yes, you get to learn miracles.  You like spells?  Say yes, get magic.  You like Pyromancy?  Fuck yeah bro, let's light shit up.  There's a pattern where saying yes to people was granting me endless sweet loot.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: November 17, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »

And that's what they call "circumventing expectations." Smiley

I so wish I could just be watching you play sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing, either.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 17, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

Well yes, except those guys are literally HEY YOU WANT COOL STUFF Y/N?
Actually, laurentius gets pissed if you say yes, because he's asking if you find pyromancy offensive.

The only time it's really stupid is with Alvina, where its rather unclear what you're Y/Ning too.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic