Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:13:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526705 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #1180 on: December 08, 2012, 12:28:52 AM »

Dark Souls II

Cheesy

be still my heart...
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1181 on: December 08, 2012, 01:35:51 AM »

so actually confirmed for pc? that's great news.

hope they learned something from dark souls and do a better job at porting, or at least hire someone who can do the porting for you.

though I'll play it no matter how bad the port is.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:11 AM »

Holy shit guys, I thought you were joking  Epileptic
Can't wait.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:08:43 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

Dragonmaw
« Reply #1183 on: December 08, 2012, 02:04:08 AM »

my friend was saying that it will still have gfwl. fuck everything
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 08, 2012, 02:39:35 AM »

different director but we'll see  :/

looks like it's set in a different universe again which is good.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: December 08, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »

Hmm, no Miyazaki?

Sharkoss
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 08, 2012, 03:10:46 AM »

He's supervising.  Might mean he's working on something else.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 08, 2012, 03:27:43 AM »

I have to ask. If you guys think Dark Souls enemies have bad AI (so only PVP is fun), is there ANY game you think has good AI? Is there ANY game you think is harder to play single-player than Dark Souls?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:59 AM »

I have to ask. If you guys think Dark Souls enemies have bad AI (so only PVP is fun), is there ANY game you think has good AI? Is there ANY game you think is harder to play single-player than Dark Souls?
there's a lot of games harder single player than dark souls, single player is pretty easy.  to pick just one on the same console, so I don't have to list half the games on older platforms, how about Ninja Gaiden Siigma? It's AI is far more brutal and far less prone to doing stupid crap like running in place or getting stuck on a chair.

-Fuzzy Spider
EssentialNutrients
« Reply #1189 on: December 08, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »

Holy shit guys, I thought you were joking  Epileptic
Can't wait.

Considering I just got Dark Souls about a month ago and am no where finished with it;

THIS MAKES MY DICK ROCK HARD
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

"As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. “I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” he tells us. �
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo  Cry
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 08, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »

there's a lot of games harder single player than dark souls, single player is pretty easy.  to pick just one on the same console, so I don't have to list half the games on older platforms, how about Ninja Gaiden Siigma? It's AI is far more brutal and far less prone to doing stupid crap like running in place or getting stuck on a chair.
yeah but souls has more than combat, and it's personally more appealing to me that it's caters to players in a way so that their reflexes don't matter as much because of the wealth of options

plus

the exploration aspect is the main draw for me
from the level design, secrets, storytelling, to even the obfuscated systems

covenants still blow
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:36:43 AM by thernz » Logged

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1192 on: December 08, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »

Guys, guys, just because it's going to be more understandable doesn't mean "easier". It just means that all the stupidly opaque stuff will hopefully have a clearer tutorial. Honestly, I felt that in a lot of places, you basically need a strategy guide to completely learn how to play, and that shouldn't be the case. Case in point: how to properly distribute your stats, and why weapon and armor forging is important.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:02:42 PM by SundownKid » Logged

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 08, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »

but that's what i want

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1194 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »

but that's what i want

Sure, I would personally be willing to look through a strategy guide to understand Dark Souls, but the game should not leave people at a disadvantage because of a poor tutorial. There's a difference between challenge and bad design. It is completely possible to make it heavily customizable without being confusing. I'm pretty sure deliberately obfuscating the systems gives an unfair advantage to pros (which you were arguing about before, due to invaders).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 08, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »

from the interview im getting the vibe theyre going to be applying the "more direct" approach to the story too which would totally kill the whole feel of the gam for me. piecing the lore together in the first two gams was so much fun. Sad
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: December 08, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

my friend was saying that it will still have gfwl. fuck everything
Doesn't GFWL require peer to peer multiplayer, or am I wrong? Either way, since it's natively PC, they reeeally need to have Steamworks inteegration.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 08, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »

there's a lot of games harder single player than dark souls, single player is pretty easy.  to pick just one on the same console, so I don't have to list half the games on older platforms, how about Ninja Gaiden Siigma? It's AI is far more brutal and far less prone to doing stupid crap like running in place or getting stuck on a chair.
You may be right, but Ninja Gaiden does have difficulty levels, so it at least allows you to have an easy experience. On the highest difficulty, I would assume that Ninja Gaiden is harder than Dark Souls.

It's still not on the PC though. You said it was "on the same console" so I got my hopes up for a second there.  Sad

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1198 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »

from the interview im getting the vibe theyre going to be applying the "more direct" approach to the story too which would totally kill the whole feel of the gam for me. piecing the lore together in the first two gams was so much fun. Sad

that's a shame, not every game needs a direct and obvious story. I really enjoyed dark souls because of how unique and unlike other games it is these days (except the older king's field games).

if I wanted a direct or obvious story I would play (shudder)

. the dialogue in the final boss fight of Darksiders makes me want to vomit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:13:28 PM by allen » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: December 08, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

As long as they don't have the hooded girl's magic voice in your ear, telling you where to go like a schizophrenic crazy man... oh, wait, who am I kidding, that's exactly what's going to happen... Big Laff

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic