Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:55:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526858 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #1440 on: December 26, 2012, 01:47:35 AM »

CHOO CHOO HERE COMES THE SLOWTRAIN
I just started playing Dark Souls and I'm stuck on the Taurus Demon but it's so goood.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: December 26, 2012, 02:24:54 AM »

I just started playing Dark Souls and I'm stuck on the Taurus Demon but it's so goood.

Protip: there's a ladder behind you on the tower before the boss battle starts. It's not necessary to use, but still useful to kill the annoying archers.

ink.inc
« Reply #1442 on: December 26, 2012, 03:38:46 AM »

dark souls was literally all that was on the braingale skype chat for about two weeks when jack postpre and i were playing, and then seasons for a little while later

missin' out on the rad co-op B)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1443 on: December 26, 2012, 02:32:23 PM »

o

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505206

new engine, isn't a direct sequel.

cool
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 26, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »

glad it isn't a direct sequel. also no dlc items and bs like that.

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1445 on: December 26, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »

dark souls was literally all that was on the braingale skype chat for about two weeks when jack postpre and i were playing, and then seasons for a little while later

missin' out on the rad co-op B)

I'm almost done with my first play through. Damn, what a game. Would you or anyone be down to make co-op characters for the pc version after my first run?

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »

glad it isn't a direct sequel. also no dlc items and bs like that.

This makes me immensely happy.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: January 02, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »

cant wait for DS2! am playing dragons dogma atm. love fighting big monsters!  Evil Evil Evil

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

o

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505206

new engine, isn't a direct sequel.

cool

Shibuya:
For example, if the player sees blood flowing towards them, they’ll think “what is this blood?” “Where is it coming from?” Situations like that. I want to create more situations that bring about doubt in the player—make them think “why?”—or give them a sense of foreboding death wherever they go. I want to focus on creating really elaborate environments that may look like nothing special at first, but may contain paths for players who are look closely enough.

Shibuya:
With games today, you’re really able to express anything you want. That can be a good thing, but it can also spoil the fun of making players think for themselves. We want to continue providing that kind of fun (the fun of imagination), so that’s one of the concepts this time around.

I think I like this guy already.  Tears of Joy
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 03, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »

The way he said he was going to add "sorrow", made me think we're going to have to do things ingame

I would love it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »

My favourite part was when he said he wanted to add the feeling of "sorrow" onto the current list of "loneliness" and "despair."
endless expository emo monologs from npcs, calling it

anyway i think most of what he says is in the spirit of the 2 previous gams so thats good
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1451 on: January 04, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »

Apparently Demon's Souls is coming to PSN this January and European server will be maintained.

flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1452 on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »

I thought they had already succeeded with "sorrow" in Demon's Souls, particularly the Lady Astraea part.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

I guess expect more of that?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 04, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »

this whole sotc guilt trip thing is so played out at this point imo, i hope that's not what it means.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1455 on: January 04, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »

Dark Souls doesn't sound like the kind of game that tries to guilt-trip you for mercilessly killing enemies, mainly since everything that's not an NPC tries to murder you (Crossbreed Priscilla notwithstanding, but that's an optional fight, so the guilt is legitimate and not contrived). There's not even a penalty for sucking the Humanity from everyone you meet, important NPC's notwithstanding. In fact, I hate when games allow - no, encourage you to do such a thing, and then gloat about how you're so morally wrong for buying it. Y'know, adventure games aren't murder simulators, maybe I should get one of those instead. Cheesy

Perhaps "sorrow" could mean something like when the NPC's you met died at the hands of monsters (not you, exactly), or went insane. Or, more Painted World moments where it actually DOES let you skip a fight, and miss out on some gear or item.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:21:27 AM by SundownKid » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

priscilla is basically the same as astraea, i.e. her role isn't 100% clear so you'll have to make up your own mind as to whether it's a guilt trip or not. ofc you can skip the fight so that adds another layer of "moral choice" or whatever. theres quelaag too which is closer to a classic "LOOK WHAT YOUVE DONE!!!!" guilt trip.

anyway, like i said, i think enemy killing guilt trips in videogames, in whatever form, are played out but ofc it's too early to tell if that's really what they mean by "sorrow." i just hope they don't ham it up too much.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »

I can't say Ive seen very many games that try to guilt you, nevermind effectively.

But I doubt thats what they'll do, maybe they'll give you hard choices that make you sit down and think about what you did/needs to be done.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1458 on: January 05, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »

GFWL died in the middle of first anywhere-near-successful gaping dragon fight

Time to see exactly what that did, considering I had picked my corpse back up mid-fight with a good stock of humanity/sols and finally got the damn tail off.

EDIT:
It placed me just outside the white light with corpse content and the greataxe! Nicely handled, FROM. Making up for GFWL in fine style

EDIT 2:
NOPE HE HAS HIS TAIL BACK GFWL SUX
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:59:04 PM by Hangedman » Logged

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 05, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »

It does it on the consoles, too.  Tongue