Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:14:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526477 times)
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »

I certainly hope they improve the character creation interface this time around, that shit was just painful in the previous two games.  Beg

It's so clunky that the officer creator in Dynasty Warriors 6:Empires seems amazing in comparison, and I can only choose between 3 faces there.

Also RGB colors FROM, have you heard of them?  I'm pretty sure everyone understands manipulating red, green, and blue to get skin/eye/hair colors except your programming team.  Lips Sealed

An accurate view of your character while making them is also mandatory.  None of this restricted camera and faux paper texture overlay shit.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 09, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »

i hope they keep using facegen. best tech <3
flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1482 on: January 09, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »

It's fine by me. What I want is even more outfits for my chars to wear, being the type who chooses what to wear based on its fashion value rather than whatever statistical (dis)advantages it gives in combat. I know I'm not alone.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1483 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »

Dark Souls character creator isn't useful anyway because you're Hollow more often than not. Hopefully they remove the "hollow/human" BS from the sequel and replace the "humanity" concept with something else. It didn't even make sense in context. You are the CHOSEN UNDEAD and yet you are a friggin zombie half the time! (Or more than half if you are playing for the first time)

ink.inc
« Reply #1484 on: January 09, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »

i thought the chosen undead thing was to get unwitting dums like you to actually participate in gwyn/frampts crazy quest in the first place
Ashkin
« Reply #1485 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

Beat the Gaping Dragon on my sixth try. Such a cool boss.
Now I'm going through Darkroot Forest.
EssentialNutrients
« Reply #1486 on: January 09, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

right now plowing through blighttown, definitely the coolest part of the game so far.

You have a funny way of spelling obnoxious.

I got Demon Souls for Christmas and it's significantly easier than Dark Souls I'd say.  The bosses only take me a try or two, unlike fucking Smough/Ornstein and Nito.
ink.inc
« Reply #1487 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Nito was a joke; it was the fucking skeleton dogs that made me cry.
EssentialNutrients
« Reply #1488 on: January 09, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »

Nito was a joke; it was the fucking skeleton dogs that made me cry.
No that faggot make me pull my hair out, it was supposed to be easy as fuck being a pyromancer but GOD DAMN AUGH sdfafsfsdasfasadfsdfa
Ashkin
« Reply #1489 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »

Moonlight Butterfly wasn't a great boss, I think. While it was cool-looking and had nice music, the actual fighting was dull- so much rolling. Onwards to Darkroot Basin, I suppose.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1490 on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »

where is the sen's fortress bonfire

spent like an hour with no estus being very careful, already way in and then got stunlocked by the fire-thrower so now there's another ton of souls miles in there past a bunch of traps and unreliable collision detection

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »

faggot
Facepalm

also nito is easy

what's "unreliable" about the collision detection? ive been playing this gam for over 300 hours and the most thats happened was getting stuck on the roots in izalith a small handful of times.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:09:56 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »

where is the sen's fortress bonfire

spent like an hour with no estus being very careful, already way in and then got stunlocked by the fire-thrower so now there's another ton of souls miles in there past a bunch of traps and unreliable collision detection
On one of the charred-ground flat areas where the golem throws firebombs down (perhaps the first one you encounter, or the second) look for a broken part of the wall. The bonfire lies below.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1493 on: January 09, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »

i figured it was around there but i couldn't find it.
taking a break before i try going back.

and as for unreliable: i've fallen through (and i do mean through) the blighttown waterwheel three times, fallen through solid ground in drake valley twice (both times at the moment of impact of an attack, and straight down), and all through sen's fortress i was getting clipped by boulders that were already visibly past me. don't have fps unlimiter on. just happens. might be my temperamental gpu somehow? i don't know.

AUST
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 09, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »

ok that's weird. like i said i never had problems, not even with the water wheel.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 09, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

I fell straight through the ground once. Other than that, though, nothing too wonky.

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »

right now plowing through blighttown, definitely the coolest part of the game so far.

You have a funny way of spelling obnoxious.

By coolest I meant the art style, not the gameplay. I really love the hacked together/falling apart aesthetic you see all over blighttown.

Fuck those little poison mosquitos though.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1497 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »

I've never had issues with blighttown, it's one of my favorite areas, the whole 3d-maze-like design of the area is clever yet simple enough to easily get to the bottom if not hunting secrets, the mosquitos are a nuisance but thankfully just don't really do much damage.

As for falling through the ground, i've never had it happen to me but i've seen it happen to monsters after they ragdoll on occasion. As for clipping through the waterwheel, if you mistime the jump it can snag you and pull you through the crack, you sure that's not just what happened?

-Fuzzy Spider
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1498 on: January 10, 2013, 09:33:40 AM »

As for clipping through the waterwheel, if you mistime the jump it can snag you and pull you through the crack, you sure that's not just what happened?

I've actually noticed a glitch that seems to signify it's about to happen.
I step off the edge onto the elevator as usual, and there's a moment's lag when I land where I don't move immediately so the bottom of the char's feet go through it. Then it carries me up for about a half second and then I fall straight through (and through any other elevator platforms below). At full health the fall from that ledge is more than survivable, which is how i ended up noticing it. But it doesn't happen every time.

I liked the design of blighttown. It felt like hell to get through, which is of course the idea. I mean, I got through it with no deaths, first time, by being cautious. But it felt like i'd make a mistake at any moment.
Having the same sort of thing in Sen's Fortress now, except it gloats about your mistakes, where blighttown just punishes you and lets you get back to it.

AUST
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 10, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »

i know we all love dark souls and stuff, but in case you haven't played it and have a ps3, demon's souls just got a digital release for 20 bone.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic