Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:14:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533673 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1740 on: April 10, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »

I liked that dwarf on the giant stone sword. I'm already itching to fight that motherfucker lol.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1741 on: April 10, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »

Looks awesome  Tears of Joy

Like CAS I'm a bit worried about the removal of estus. Also the end's death scenes looked a bit unfair but I guess they might depend on context. For me the game reminds me more of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: April 10, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »

The mouth stones seem like one time use skeleton keys. Which is okay, because I'm sure you will get enough to use in every possible location.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 10, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »

Looks awesome  Tears of Joy

Like CAS I'm a bit worried about the removal of estus.
on the other hand, i just rewatched some parts of the vid and noticed he has 20 of the drop stones, which is kinda an estus-like number if you catch my drift. so chances are they're just a renamed estus flask. also honestly, why would they go back to the shitty healing system from demon's?

also no estus + no humanity + same universe as dark souls 1 means your character is not undead i guess? but then why can you use bonfires?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: April 10, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

Additional Q&A:

Here's a rough paraphrasing (most of it is pretty boring):

What's carrying over from Dark Souls?

A lot will be carrying over, including Estus Flasks.

Are dragons a core theme?

Yes, definitely. They're a key story element.

Is the storytelling in Dark Souls 2 like in Dark Souls, where you have to do a lot of "digging"?

Yes definitely. You'll have to examine all the details and imagine it for yourself.

The new graphics look great.

Yes, yadda yadda. One of the methods of bringing players more into the world is wind.

How do you make a game that's accessible to new players but is fulfilling for fans?

There are two core concepts we want to maintain:

1. A sense of satisfaction from overcoming challenges

2. A loose connection with other players

In a sequel you often add new features for new players but our goal is to really emphasize those core concepts and express them to new players. We're not aiming to make the game more accessible to new players, per se, but to clarify the core concepts for them.

Can you explain the new elements of the HUD from the gameplay video?

We've taken feedback about the usability of the game and are trying to improve that.

Are you listening to feedback about all aspects of the game?

Yes, definitely.

Is the combat changing in any fundamental ways?

The base combat system is the same as Dark Souls. What we really focused on for Dark Souls 2 is the expression of the motions. We've implemented mo-cap for more realistic, natural motions.

Do you have a time frame for release?

Nope!
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: April 10, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »

Despite this players large amount of stamina, when rolling he loses what seems to be a percentage of total stamina rather than a set amount.

This tells me that someone with 400 stam can roll just as often as someone with 50 stam. Or whatever numbers you want to use.

Maybe I am wrong. No way of knowing until I play it I guess.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:22 PM »

I dunno, I just assumed that they were using a buffed up character for the gameplay video.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 10, 2013, 12:25:05 PM »

This tells me that someone with 400 stam can roll just as often as someone with 50 stam. Or whatever numbers you want to use.

Maybe I am wrong. No way of knowing until I play it I guess.
would actually make sense from a design standpoint because in dark souls there was literally no reason not to have 40 endurance. the stat system in general needs an overhaul imo.

good to hear about estus returning.

i also appreciate the direction they seem to be taking with this. looks like the talk about making the game more accessible was really just in regards to explaining shit better (tho ofc it remains to be seen how that's handled).

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 10, 2013, 12:29:43 PM »

thoughts, thoughts, can't wait can't wait

oh man, i like the torches. screw shields! i guess the lantern did the same thing in the tomb of the giants.
faster, shorter roll?
item to mouth thing sounds dumb, but who knows
the stages look more open and vertical? i'm really excited about that. camera!
floaty cloth physics
i guess the ai is smarter? seems more like they gave them tools to combat certain exploits
experimenting? torture? who's doing all this experimenting and torturing? why are there so many torture tables? maybe it's just me, but there's a subtle(?) change in aesthetics, and i don't like all these experiments and torturing.
the game looks awesome though, holy crap
axe deflecting that's cast leh vahnia cute

unfair deaths Tears of Joy
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 10, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »

- I like the torch system

- The varied enemies seem pretty cool.  I liked the armored back-stab resistant dudes and the axe thrower dude.

- The enemies punching down walls seems like an attempt to reduce cheesing.  Not sure how I feel about this.

- The game looks pretty much just like Dark Souls except for better shadows, tonemapping, more particles, and everything is more orange.

- The mansion of the dragons looks pretty sweet.  Skeleton dragon was totally cool, and I like the tense, quiet feeling.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »

I dunno, I just assumed that they were using a buffed up character for the gameplay video.

Which is my point exactly. (and he was because he wasnt being staggered, had tons of stam, and took practically no damage when hit by dregs).

He HAD a lot of stamina, but he was still losing massive chunks when rolling.
faster, shorter roll?

experimenting? torture? who's doing all this experimenting and torturing? why are there so many torture tables? maybe it's just me, but there's a subtle(?) change in aesthetics, and i don't like all these experiments and torturing.

unfair deaths

Rolling is equipment dependent. The speed and distance are based entirely on the amount of gear you have equipped like in the previous titles.

DeS is full of torture devices, and they appear often enough in DaS.

What deaths were unfair?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »

and i don't like all these experiments and torturing.
tower of latria yo

also duke's archives
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: April 10, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »

I wasn't impressed at all until I watched the scene with the bridge and tons of Dragons and felt like being there and said holy shit stop get back get back ruuuunnnnn!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was an awesome feeling.

Evil

Now I just feel a bit of deception because they didn't say anything about the time-related feature they were talking about before... so we might guess it's day/night system which would incite use of the torches in outdoors areas, but I'm having strong doubts about this.

About movement, personally I prefer super-heavy characters with super-heavy weaponry so I'm ok with the characters going slowly. In the videos, they felt insanely fast and reactive to me. Maybe I'm too used to HAVEL'S THE MODAFUCKING ROCK ARMOR SET MODAFUCKAAAAAAAA Hand Any Key

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh feels good.

By the way, Demon Soul was almost gothic in the colors, Dark Souls  was more like "burnt" colors surrounded by darkness, mostly oriented to gold for bright colors. But DS2 seems more oriented to hot colors. Am I right?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 10, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

Now I just feel a bit of deception because they didn't say anything about the time-related feature they were talking about before... so we might guess it's day/night system which would incite use of the torches in outdoors areas, but I'm having strong doubts about this.
the thing in the hud where the humanity counter was in ds1 looks like a clock.

what a horrible night to have a curse
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »

Nooooooo Waaagh!

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: April 10, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »

the thing in the hud where the humanity counter was in ds1 looks like a clock.

OH NO NOT THAT GAME I FINISHED SIMON's QUEST BUT IT TOOK ME YEARS
and learning more english. Yeah that helps a lot in that games.

Anyway yeah the clock that's why I really really wish it's not a time limit OR if it i, then something very very sart. Like Major Mask smart. But not the same. Well we wouldn't see the difference with dying anyway.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 10, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »

idk i'd imagine it'd be more like ocarina of time.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: April 10, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

I so much wish to be surprised, mindfucked and mindblown, you have no idea.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1758 on: April 10, 2013, 01:26:06 PM »

it's a shame the graphics still look like shit. dark souls was probably one of the ugliest mainstream games I played in the past year or so.

wouldn't have hurt them to turn up the texture resolution just a tad.
saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 10, 2013, 01:31:04 PM »

so there's another little teaser here:

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic