Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 08:22:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533896 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »

IIRC there isn't any extra NPCs if you do that, except well, Kaathe himself. But do it anyway, I prefer Kaathe over Frampt too  Corny Laugh As for your original question, no tips; couldn't beat him on my NG+ and got stuck. Have you checked wiki already?

Other than that depending on what makes them hard for your build, try Iron flesh and Cloranthy ring. For me the problem was that I couldn't make enough damage with my BK great sword, but according to that wiki pyromancy might have been help.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:13:08 PM by Tumetsu » Logged

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »

yeah I hear the 4k on NG+ is the hardest fight. Just level HP like crazy? not sure..

I always just healspam them.

True story from joining the dark wraiths you say? I think I have a new goal for my next game Smiley

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »

IIRC there isn't any extra NPCs if you do that, except well, Kaathe himself.
Yeah I know that. What I'm saying is it's part of my quest to encounter all the NPCs Dark Souls. There are a few others I missed like Quelana and Onionbro's sister (killed the golem by pushing it off the platform lol).

Anyway the problem with the 4K is that I have to constantly dodge their attacks to not get killed and often die before I can even get a hit in. And when I do I just don't do enough damage. Even Crystal Soul Spear isn't that good against them. Sad

EDIT: checked the wiki and apparently they even have a special strategy for people like me lol. not sure how i missed that. so equipping the heaviest armor and using iron flesh it is then huh? will try out tomorrow and see if it works.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:37:39 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »

oh yeah, heavy slow armor is a must. If you have that gradual heal spell working to a decent degree it helps too.

I'm guessing you already have kindled the hell out the fire next to 4k too right?

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »

Painted World is one of my fave levels in the game. I think atmospherically it has more of a Demon's Souls vibe than the rest of Dark Souls.

That's because it's a direct homage to Boletaria Castle. Down to the Phalanx miniboss, even.

RRR, gotta get back into this. Currently trudging my way through Tomb of the Giants...

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »

i pretty much stopped playing after the spider boss, cuz fuck going back through the swamp. i wish there was an elevator or something there.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »

takes a couple minutes if you go the valley of drakes route

btw i just tried the 4 kings tanking strategy and got the 2nd one down to half of his hp at least. i kinda feel like i need to get my VIT up (only 22 atm). did the depths in the meantime just for kicks (and humanity)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:56 AM »

Just started playing this yesterday. Goddamn it's a nightmare (in a good way).

I just beat that metal boar by poking him for 5 damage and then hiding over and over again. Corny Laugh
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

you can also stab him in the ass if you're crafty, or just chuck firebombs at him from the ledge / shoot him with a bow.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Dragonmaw
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »

The boar is easiest if you lure him into the fire near the staircase to the ledges above him. He'll take a bunch of damage and keep getting hitstunned.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »

you can also stab him in the ass if you're crafty, or just chuck firebombs at him from the ledge / shoot him with a bow.

I had a spear and thought I was hitting him right in the butt, but I guess I was off.

It seems like a big part of the challenge of this game is not panicking and running into a corner every time you see a new monster.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 12:14:48 PM »

you can't backstab while blocking. maybe that's what you're doing wrong.

p.s. a cool way to kill the boar is to lure him into the fire beside the stairs. he'll burn to death before you know it.

The boar is easiest if you lure him into the fire near the staircase to the ledges above him. He'll take a bunch of damage and keep getting hitstunned.
stop posting the things i want to post before me.  Angry
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

yeah it's pretty hard to stab the boar in the ass. collision is kinda wonky on some of the armored enemies

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »

i've never actually done it myself. can you prostate probe the boars at the beginning of dukes archives? i don't remember and i don't think i even tried.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

It seems like a big part of the challenge of this game is not panicking and running into a corner every time you see a new monster.

Yeah, a big part of the game is managing encounters carefully.  Not just so that you don't corner yourself, but also so you don't bump into any more enemies.  1v1, most enemies in the game are pretty easy, but 1vMany can get out of hand quickly.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »

you should try to stab it in the ass, or alternatively, lure it into the fire

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »

Yeah, a big part of the game is managing encounters carefully.  Not just so that you don't corner yourself, but also so you don't bump into any more enemies.  1v1, most enemies in the game are pretty easy, but 1vMany can get out of hand quickly.
basically just dont approach the game like it's god of war lol
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »

Is it worth going back in case you miss stuff? I'm in Deeproot Garden now but I have this basement key that I think is used some place earlier.

Kinda torn between fighting my way back to see where it goes or just pressing forward.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »

you already reached the undead parish right? theres's a shortcut (elevator) in the church that leads back to firelink shrine, no fighting required other than a few zombies.

EDIT: the basement key leads to the capra demon who is an optional boss (tip: read the item descriptions). Just continue with Darkroot for now. Kill the Moonlight Butterfly because he's easy and gives you souls and a useful crafting item (also cool background music). Then go to the Valley of Drakes from Darkroot Basin and to Blighttown from there.

Did you do the Bell Gargoyles already?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:58:20 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »

My curiosity overcame me and I went back to the basement. Needless the say the Capra Demon killed me immediately and then I turned off the Xbox and went to bed. Corny Laugh

By the way, the original Dark Souls right here:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic