Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411422 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:01:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533612 times)
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: April 25, 2014, 08:59:28 AM »

Damn, they managed to fuck up the controls. DaS worked fine after applying DSMfix, but this one is a mess. Why change jumping from SPACE to F, and who the hell thought it was a good idea to use double-click, and to have LMB for left hand and RMB for right hand? The lag is pretty bad. I hope they fix this stuff soon, at least let us use one key for multiple things and not limit the number of keys available for a certain action.

Other than that, I'm satisfied so far, I only put a little more than 2 hours into the game, but there were no FPS drops and the game looks great.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3641 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »

So change it back to space.

Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 25, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »

You can't because space is used for running, and you can't use one key for multiple things. They decided to change it from quickly hitting space while holding it(running) like it was in DaS, and instead they bound it to another key.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3643 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »

I have played it for a while, and it's really fun. My complaint is that they slowed down combat even more and it doesn't feel as "tight" as it did in Dark Souls. Then again, it does make it less easy to "cheaply" deal with hordes of enemies.

So far the bosses haven't been as cool though the graphics are really nice. It's kinda weird how they split up vit and end into 3 stats. It's a bit annoying  Cheesy

Dragonmaw
« Reply #3644 on: April 25, 2014, 09:42:04 AM »

You can't because space is used for running, and you can't use one key for multiple things. They decided to change it from quickly hitting space while holding it(running) like it was in DaS, and instead they bound it to another key.

Yes you can.

Look in the options menu. You can switch back to the DkS1-style of "tap run while running to jump"
Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »

Yes you can.

Look in the options menu. You can switch back to the DkS1-style of "tap run while running to jump"

Yeah, I just noticed that. My bad.  Sad
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 25, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »

the real question here is how could you even play dark souls 1 on a keyboard
Nikica
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 25, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »

With DSMfix and the default key bindings. Tongue

Never used gamepads much in my life.  Wizard
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »

I finally beat the Ruin Sentinels  Tears of Joy

MrBones
« Reply #3649 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »

Just bought it, while it's downloading I'm going to try to contain my hype.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3650 on: April 25, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »

Clocked almost 8.5 hours in today. What can I say? The game seems to be reasonably succesfull to my tastes Smiley

However, I think that I should have picked something other than sorcerer. It took most of my level ups to get enough strength to wield any decent weapon. Then again, sorcerer is pretty much easy mode in other respects (though imo fun).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »

btw its actually viable to go for hybrid int and faith in this game and destroy everything using sorcery and hexes and completely own in melee with weapon buffs. that's pretty much babby mode right there.

you can buff almost any weapon with anything now it's ridiculous. my sorceress/hexer did more melee dmg with a magic mace + crystal magic weapon than my STR tank ever did. did i mention elemental damage types scale with int and/or faith now?

as a sorcerer you only need enough dex and str to wield the fire longsword (found early game) and drangleic shield (16str, 9dex iirc).
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3652 on: April 25, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »

I finally beat the Ruin Sentinels  Tears of Joy

Miraculously, I beat them in one try. AND survived the explosion at the end with 0.001 health. Cheesy

I thank my trusty Eagle Shield Twin Dragon Shield!

Dragonmaw
« Reply #3653 on: April 25, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »

I'm trying Sorcerer in DkS2 because I've legit never played a caster in any of the Souls games and I feel like I should try at least once.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3654 on: April 25, 2014, 11:03:13 PM »

Thanks for the tip CAS. I have that sword but have used instead a regular one. Not sure if I'll switch though. Need some titanite to upgrade it.

Uykered
« Reply #3655 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:48 AM »

If anyone else prefers the more atmospheric lonely experience with no message twitter style spam, the best way I saw to play offline was to block Darksouls 2 in the incoming/outgoing of the windows firewall.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 26, 2014, 04:01:46 AM »

Thanks for the tip CAS. I have that sword but have used instead a regular one. Not sure if I'll switch though. Need some titanite to upgrade it.

the damage scaling is insane if you go hybrid int/faith because fire damage scales with both. seriously, try it. it's worth it. i mained that weapon for maybe 70% of the game (then switched to magic mace). oh and you can buff it with magic weapon too.

EDIT: you can also aim spells relatively easily now if you use the binoculars (you can cast while using them).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:07:20 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3657 on: April 26, 2014, 04:52:21 AM »

I'm doing a blind run and I STILL have no clue where the ember is to make elemental stuff despite being nearly finished with the game.

I did have to look up a hint on how to find the Huntsman's area though. There's no way I would have ever found the shady miracle lady. She didn't even tell me where she was going when she left and I totally forgot that area had anything besides an empty hall.

Also, is it me, or is the idea that you can't light your torch from a bonfire a little ridiculous? Maybe they should have changed the bonfire into something that wasn't... y'know... fire.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 26, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »

I did have to look up a hint on how to find the Huntsman's area though. There's no way I would have ever found the shady miracle lady. She didn't even tell me where she was going when she left and I totally forgot that area had anything besides an empty hall.

the "empty hall" also has a switch that says "contraption does not work" when you try to push it, so you MAY want to check back later. that's metroidvania 101 stuff right there. oh and there's a torch above the entrance that is lit when licia moves in too.

when characters say they're moving they almost always move to majula. that's why i had trouble finding ornifex because she's like the only character who doesn't (except gavlan but he never even talks about moving haha)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3659 on: April 26, 2014, 05:51:24 AM »

Also, is it me, or is the idea that you can't light your torch from a bonfire a little ridiculous? Maybe they should have changed the bonfire into something that wasn't... y'know... fire.
It took me some time to figure also but when near bonfire, check bottom of the screen. Press relevant button to change the action you do from "rest at bonfire" to "light up a torch".

@CA
Might try though at the moment I haven't raised any faith and probably need some more strength and other stats since I want to use great shield. Also, I don't have titanite. Where/when I can buy/farm those?

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic