Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:14:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533642 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: April 26, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »

you can buy them from an ore trader who looks like lara croft. you'll meet her in the area after huntsman's copse and she moves to majula if you exhaust her dialog. she only sells shards at first but unlocks more as you progress.

never tried farming them.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3661 on: April 26, 2014, 07:19:15 AM »

Ok thanks. I just found the Copse. Those dark whip guys are tough.

Btw, too bad this game doesn't seem to have Patches Sad

Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: April 26, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »

btw its actually viable to go for hybrid int and faith in this game and destroy everything using sorcery and hexes and completely own in melee with weapon buffs. that's pretty much babby mode right there.

you can buff almost any weapon with anything now it's ridiculous. my sorceress/hexer did more melee dmg with a magic mace + crystal magic weapon than my STR tank ever did. did i mention elemental damage types scale with int and/or faith now?

as a sorcerer you only need enough dex and str to wield the fire longsword (found early game) and drangleic shield (16str, 9dex iirc).

Damage is about the only thing tempting me to try a sorcerer build. That and forcing me to deal with lighter armor for the most part.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3663 on: April 26, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »

Ok thanks. I just found the Copse. Those dark whip guys are tough.

Btw, too bad this game doesn't seem to have Patches Sad

Oh. Patches is here.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: April 26, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »

Oh. Patches is here.

btw how is pate a bad person? i don't get it. he never lies to you (until the end of his storyline) and if you follow his advice you get some good items. waht is his deal?? from patches the hyena to patches the vaguely sleazy nice guy in 3 games???
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3665 on: April 26, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »

Those three sentinels in Bastille are giving me some hard time as well as Ornstein. Each time I drop from the ledge I can barely heal before one of them is poking me. Also, their long range attacks  WTF
At least I managed to get permanently rid of the royal soldier horde who were always slowing down the run to boss.

Btw, I upgraded the Fire Longsword as far as regular titanites let. More powerful than my regular definitely. I wonder if it is a bit late to level up faith though since I'll probably get spread a bit too thin.

ink.inc
« Reply #3666 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »

the 3 sentinal fuckers are p tough to take on solo :0

i got tired of dying so i went back to majula, bought that cat ring, dropped down and fought some rats

good game
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3667 on: April 26, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »

Also I love how each game has a poison pit area Harvest Valley ugh. Is it just me or is the poison more deadly now? I die really quickly if I get it and only place to buy moss is from Gavlan?

@Sandoval
Actually, cat ring might be useful with Sentinel fuckers. Had completely forgotten it.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3668 on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

Also, is it me, or is the idea that you can't light your torch from a bonfire a little ridiculous?

umm you can

Well, I was wondering why everyone had an easier time lighting up torches. I was expecting it to be in the bonfire menu.

I want to try a hexer build next, it seems like Strength builds were gimped in this game. The enemies deal insane damage and it's hard to tank them like in Dark Souls.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: April 26, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

what i did in the sentinel fight was use a lifegem before jumping to offset the damage. they're probably the hardest boss in the game but also kinda tedious because there are so few openings (this is a problem with some of the other bosses too). they're extremely weak to lightning btw.

and yes the poison does more damage now.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3670 on: April 26, 2014, 02:28:31 PM »

I actually beat sentinels. After cat ring I didn't take damage from falling. Otherwise the fight felt a bit like capra demon. Once I got to the bottom and "stabilized" the situation by getting sentinels to right distance and in camera, the rest was mostly straightforward spell-spamming. The difficult part was to get the starting position right.

I think I'll reallocate my soulpoints a bit soon so that I can get higher faith. Not sure where to go next. There seems to be boss(?) in Bastille. Then there is the Valley/peak but I don't like poison and those hammerguys are kinda strong. Tried to drop down to the hole in Majula with cat ring. Still died Tongue Oh well.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: April 26, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »

yup there's another boss in the bastille area. your other paths at the moment should be:

harvest valley
shaded woods (if you have a fragrant branch of yore)
jumping down the hole in majula if you have enough HP (which you don't haha)

tbh harvest valley probably IS your best choice at the moment. the hammer guys are easy to cheese with spells.

also if you respec, get at least 20 int and 20 faith, then talk to felkin (dude sitting in chair in the cave that connects majula to huntsman's copse)

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3672 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

Oh. Patches is here.

btw how is pate a bad person? i don't get it. he never lies to you (until the end of his storyline) and if you follow his advice you get some good items. waht is his deal?? from patches the hyena to patches the vaguely sleazy nice guy in 3 games???

hes clearly trying to fuck you over. have you listened to his dialogue? hes also CLEARLY fucking other people over.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3673 on: April 26, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »

Started playing Dark Souls 2 yesterday. People weren't kidding when they said this was hard. So a couple things... First time in Majula I walked up to the merchant and attacked him just for kicks, thinking 1. He'd be easy and 2. When I died it'd load a save. Wrong on both fronts, I died and found out everything that happens before you die still happened. So now this guy hates me and won't stop attacking me anytime I go near town center. Is there any way to get the guy to stop attacking me? If I kill him, will he respawn?

Another thing... I was farming this one section and noticed after like 10 times, the enemies stopped respawning. Do they stop permanently? So there's no enemies there anymore, period? Or is it for a period of time to prevent overleveling?

Lastly, at the beginning of the game there are those two big monsters who bite your head off. Are they supposed to be impossible to beat at the beginning or am I just terrible at this game?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #3674 on: April 26, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »

1) He won't stop attacking you until you buy a pardon from Cromwell the Pardoner. (or whatever his name is).

2) Any NPCs can be temporarily resurrected via gravestones left behind when you kill them, supposedly.

3) Each enemy has a set number of respawns which are used every time the area resets (rest at the bonfire, teleport there, or die). If enemies stop spawning, they stop spawning until either NG+ or you burn a Bonfire Ascetic to reset the area completely (advances that single area forward by one cycle).

4) The ogres are not impossible. Get a bow, preferably with poison or fire arrows, and kill at least one of them. They don't respawn.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3675 on: April 26, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »

Thanks Dragonmaw! I meant are they supposed to be nearly impossible at the beginning of the game. So far, I've found a bow and I unlocked the Blacksmith, so I can buy Iron Arrows, but not fire arrows. I'll figure that out though. Thanks!

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3676 on: April 27, 2014, 01:43:54 AM »

Alright, grinded and respecced 20 faith and int for myself. As an added bonus I can now use poison cure miracle which will probably come handy. Will probably explore the Harvest Valley next.

Btw, is the Sunset Staff a valid replacement for starting catalyst? I never really understood what was a good catalyst and what wasn't in DkS1.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: April 27, 2014, 02:37:33 AM »

the confusing "mag adjust" system is gone in dks2. catalysts just scale with damage now, including stat bonuses (sorceries scale with your catalyst's magic dmg, hexes with dark etc).

so yeah, sunset staff is the best staff for hexes (afaik) and the best sorcery staff you can get before the late game (that's right you can cast multiple types of magic with a lot of catalysts, one of the many reasons why magic is so OP in this game)

EDIT: you can also infuse your catalysts to beef up spell dmg even more once you get the dull ember.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:42:34 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3678 on: April 27, 2014, 03:55:35 AM »

Thanks.

This game has quite many bosses. I just beat the demon something which was a complete joke. Now I met the snake woman whatever in her poisonpit. Didn't last long because of her magic and poison killing me in seconds  WTF

EDIT: Nevermind, found out the trick.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:12:25 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: April 27, 2014, 05:42:33 AM »

haha i had to look that one up at the time
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 355
Print
Jump to: