Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:53:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526266 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: October 22, 2014, 02:41:29 AM »

uplay is way worse than gfwl tho. i don't give a shit about drm as long as it doesnt affect my ability to play da gams. also the drm that exists now is very non-invasive compared to the "golden age" of disc based drm in the early to mid 00s where shit like starforce and securom didnt let you play if you had the wrong brand of disc drive or the wrong antivirus.

true story: i wanted to replay the first bioshock recently but couldn't even run it from my old disc because securom doesn't like external disc drives (don't have an internal one). thankfully it was on sale on steam at the time, so i rebought it from there.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4381 on: October 25, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »

posting this here because the guy makes direct comparisons to the souls games. so what is everyone's take on this lord of the fallen game? i think it looks too shameless and dumbed down for me personally.

also the art design is shit and the combat looks sluggish even by souls standards.  Coffee
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: October 25, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »

the combat actually looks good to me. the leveling system with its skill trees looks kinda lame tho. so does the art direction and atmosphere/"vibe" of the game including the boring gruff bald space marine fantasy warrior protagonist. dialog is p cringeworthy too from what ive seen. its also singleplayer only.

idk, probably not something ill buy full price (unless it unexpectedly turns out to be really great) but when it's on sale, why the hell not?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: October 26, 2014, 03:24:34 AM »

uh... the dark souls 1 steam achievements aren't working for me. anyone else?

edit: oh apparently they won't actually work until the switchover from gfwl to steamworks next month.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:29:52 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: October 26, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »

its also singleplayer only.

That had me wondering why some are complaining that it will cap at NG+++ and has you restart with a fresh character.

The devs actually released a response video explaining some mechanics which are effectively found in DS, which makes it seem redundant -

The combat looks good, and enemies seem reasonably well thought-out. They might break out of the 1,2,3 strike patterns more which would best DS2 in at least one way. I can't see this making waves though. It's DS-lite. I agree with the shortcomings in aesthetic and script.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4385 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »

kinda hoping the dks1 migration means they'll take a look at the engine and maybe

1) fix the damn netcode
2) support 60fps natively
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: October 30, 2014, 03:24:58 AM »

probably not gonna happen haha
Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4387 on: October 30, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »

My friend-- who recently moved out into the wilderness-- gave me his Xbox360. So now I have my first next gen system since my PS2. It feels nice to be basically living in the most cutting edge of the modern era. Anyways, I saw it as my chance to play this game that I always hear about as being the best thing ever. I have the first Dark Souls, and I am currently stuck in undead berg. I don't have an xbox live account so I can't play online-- but I understand that this is an important aspect to game... do you guys feel the online part is super crucial? I know that people can leave messages for you and tips on what do to-- but I figure if I really get stuck I could just look online...

my twitter. my itch.io page.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4388 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »

online only matters for pvp

everything else is for babies

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »

online only matters for pvp

everything else is for babies
lelelelele git gudf

anyway yes online is important, but i played through most of demons souls offline and was still blown away so ymmv
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:57:31 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4390 on: October 30, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »

having people help you beat the game adds nothing to the experience. in fact. i think it takes away from the game to have people help you through stuff.

Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: October 30, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »

having people help you beat the game adds nothing to the experience. in fact. i think it takes away from the game to have people help you through stuff.

Behold the Ultimate Dark Souls Experience -

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: October 30, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »

some of the secrets (hello illusionary walls) are almost impossible to find w/o messages

its also fun learning to tell legit messages from troll messages on your 1st playthrough
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4393 on: October 30, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »

also the whole "together but separate" nature of the online adds to the experience imo
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4394 on: November 02, 2014, 10:42:13 PM »

I agree. I always beat a boss on my own first before I ever consider summoning. While its nice for people who can't afford to sink a few hours on a single boss while they're still learning things, I think it sucks that anybody would want to rush through a souls game just to "beat" it once and never think about again. That's just not what the game is about. I totally understand not wanting to stagnant in a playthrough, but it should be a last resort. If you're just trying to brute force your way through everything and ignore the enjoyment derived from mastering something, why the fuck are you even playing a game.  Hand Any Key

I guess that's just how videogames have modern audiences think now.

Game: Oh you failed? Nah, just do this QTE. You actually won instead!
Shitbird: Oh WOW WHAT A GREAT GAME I LOVED THE AUDIOLOGS
Game: hey what are you doi-
Shitbird: You're going on my shelf forever

At least in Dark Souls easy mode is restricted to boss ganking instead of the base game.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: November 06, 2014, 12:07:28 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tks5gykuPMI

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
BizarreTomato
« Reply #4396 on: November 19, 2014, 04:19:12 AM »

I love Demon's Souls & Dark Souls. With Bloodborne coming out soon and all, would anyone still recommend checking out Dark Souls II?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: November 19, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »

yes
BizarreTomato
« Reply #4398 on: November 20, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

Haha, will do. I was growing skeptical with the disappointment surrounding it but I really do just want more Souls.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: November 23, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »

i decided to give up on my dks2 faith build because he's just not fun to play. i might respec to int but upgrading the gear i need is going to be hella annoying so i switched back to my tank build who is currently on ng++ and trying to do the dlcs (which i STILL havent finished thanks to studies) on that.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic