Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:49:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526919 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: December 22, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »

cash cow gonna cash

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: December 22, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »

nah its just what happens when u hire some shitty company to police the internet for you

btw i was wrong, the company isn't even a law firm, it's a german company called "file defense" you can hire to scour the internet for content that infringes your copyright and file complaints. which is really strange b/c dsfix doesn't infringe any copyright. maybe it's about the texture replacing function?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:52:19 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4442 on: December 23, 2014, 02:39:23 AM »

if dropbox operate anything like google they don't need anything near a valid legal claim to have things related to their properties taken down though

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: December 23, 2014, 04:09:56 AM »

yes but you can file a counter notice if your stuff gets taken down unrightfully

anyway

Good news: everything's ok guys!
I just called Volker Rieck from FDS File Defense Service. They were indeed hired by Bandai Namco, but not the germany division, but the US one, to take down all the debug mode patches.

Dutante's DSfix was not part of the plan!
Mr. Rieck is currently writing emails to Namco and dropbox to clear everything. Durante is allowed to reupload the patch, there is nothing wrong with it.

Mr. Rieck was nice and took the time to explain the situation to me. I am currently on the phone, so I might add a bit more information when I come home in a few hours.

edit: also shame on the guy who send him a mail full of threats. He was a bit disturbed by that.

Gamers(tm)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:19:20 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4444 on: December 30, 2014, 01:40:26 AM »

Quelaag's Furysword is considered pretty good, can't remember why exactly; I think its dex scaling is only B but it has good animations and also fire damage.

Thing to keep in mind is that Furysword barely has any physical scaling damage. Mostly it scales with humanity like your typical Chaos elemental weapon and does fire element damage.

Some good normal dex weapons are the Halberd, the Uchigatana and the Balder Side Sword. There is also the Silver Knight Sword or Lance, which can help a lot with Fatboy and Slim if max upgraded - if you are not willing to kill Ingward to get the +15 ember it will be one of the most powerful dex weapons at that point in the game. (The Crystal Halberd can be equally powerful though, as long as it lasts at least.)

If you go dex I recommend leveling Int as well in order to buff your weapon and make use of the fast attack speed. You can get Great Magic Weapon before Fatboy and Slim and it can help with the fight.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: December 30, 2014, 10:48:33 AM »

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't considered that Magic Weapon works better with Dex weapons. It'll work out great for me because I usually grab some sorceries for utility purposes anyway so I won't need to spend any additional points to access Magic Weapon.

Unrelated, I was at my dad's house last week and I got to play a bit of Demon's Souls, which was pretty sweet. But one thing that really strikes me after playing Dark Souls is how strange the souls balancing is in that game. There are tons of enemies that give you 3-6 souls each and then there are some enemies that give you 400 souls per kill (like the skellies in the Shrine of Storms). It basically means that some areas of DeS are completely worthless for leveling your character.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4446 on: December 30, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »

Spell casting speed scales with dex, so it makes sense that magic dex weapons are good as hell.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: December 30, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »

Unrelated, I was at my dad's house last week and I got to play a bit of Demon's Souls, which was pretty sweet. But one thing that really strikes me after playing Dark Souls is how strange the souls balancing is in that game. There are tons of enemies that give you 3-6 souls each and then there are some enemies that give you 400 souls per kill (like the skellies in the Shrine of Storms). It basically means that some areas of DeS are completely worthless for leveling your character.

each world has its own purpose w/r/t farming in demon's souls. world 2 is for farming ores, world 4 is for souls etc. the original unpatched version of dark souls is a little more like demon's with soul distributions, but i guess they realized it just didn't make a lot of sense with the more linear progression.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:10:15 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4448 on: December 31, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »

RE: DSFix.

This is why, indies.

When do you bite the hand that feeds? When it fuckin' bites you first. Sad

EDIT:
Quote from: Bamco Official
Dark Souls 2.0.1 patch notes:

- Improved stability
- Now includes Bandai Souls fix (BSFix) developed by our own Burante

I'm not even kidding.  No No NO

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: December 31, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »

it was just a mistake (they were targeting the debug mode patch) and dsfix was already up again the next day...
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 03, 2015, 07:02:25 PM »

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: January 04, 2015, 03:02:49 AM »

k
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: January 08, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »

Salt & Sanctuary appears to be stealing borrowing heavily from the Souls formula:

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »

What region are you guys playing on?  I'm on Luxembourg (tried Finland as well but no better) and I'm seeing only a very small number of signs, and I was only invaded by two guys in the forest despite remaining human almost all the way through.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
MrBones
« Reply #4454 on: January 08, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »

Salt & Sanctuary appears to be stealing borrowing heavily from the Souls formula:

looks pretty cool i guess if, ya know, ya disregard how the game looks like a blatant copy of DS (especially the god damn UI and art style)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: January 08, 2015, 05:56:58 PM »

looks pretty good i guess and if vaati says it FEELS like a souls game im willing to believe him. terrible name tho.

edit: ohhh it's by ska studios. i was already wondering why it reminded me so much of the dishwasher games haha. should be decent then.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:13:06 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: January 09, 2015, 12:04:27 AM »

It looks good but seems like there's way too much trial-and-error.  One thing I liked about DeS and DaS (that wasn't there as much in DaS2) was that you could learn a boss's moveset without taking damage as long as you had good reflexes - you just wouldn't necessarily be able to punish.  Now it seems like you need to get killed just to get your bearings on an encounter since it's so easy to get yourself trapped.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4457 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:30 AM »

wow that game looks awful lol.

and oh, ska studios. that explains it.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:55 AM »

k
COME ON, it's darksouls before darksouls (prepare to die)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: January 09, 2015, 01:06:32 PM »

k
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic