Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:53:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526447 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:32 PM »

lol i think u r reading *a little* too much into gimmys post
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4461 on: January 09, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »

everybody needs to know that SGNG and Dark Souls are nothing alike

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »

that's a joke people  Durr...? I'm teasing silber Huh?
Goddamn if If say sonic is the only original game  WTF

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4463 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »

i dont get it

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: January 09, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

dark souls is the new desert bus
JWK5
« Reply #4465 on: January 09, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »

Desert souls ride a dark bus.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »

Praise the bus

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: January 09, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »

Dank Sun Mymedolin

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: January 10, 2015, 02:02:48 AM »

Desert Bus really feels like a souls game
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: January 14, 2015, 05:16:20 AM »

I've been playing Dark Souls 2, it has nice polish but I don't know that I'm really having a good time with it..
It feels like rather than make an interesting world/characters they just focused on making the game super hard core vidya game and copy pasted story from DKS1. It's like the devs think that the reason people like these games is because they're hard but that certainly isn't the reason why.

I'm sure most of this has been spoken about but I just wanted to speak my mind  o k
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:50 AM »

dark souls 2 is actually the easiest souls game lol
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

Guys, check out my new tat

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4472 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »

that guy needs to learn how to shave his clients

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: January 14, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »

That's the thing I don't get.  They were obviously going with the "prepare to le die! xDDDD" schtick but instead of difficult it just ended up being tedious and annoying.  It got boring after you realized that nearly every enemy encounter was going to be fighting 5+ identical guys at once and just kiting and chipping away at them.  This is why I think taking away the invincibility on backstabs and ripostes was a horrible idea - they were some of the best tools for crowd management.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4474 on: January 14, 2015, 10:04:50 PM »

eh, i was fine with the removal of backstabs, i think the bigger issues were the change of iframes making the dodge roll far less effective until you take the time to put points into it and the copy-paste enemy layout in the levels, in previous souls games there were very few spots where there were more than 1-2 enemies that you were forced to aggro at the same time, and they were generally accompanied by a "way out" or around them so a clever person could get out of doing that. 2 just has groups of enemies EVERYWHERE and i agree with you in how it makes it feel...like a boring tedious grind, and same with the bosses in 2, they're all just so boring and the whole "challenge" they added for the bosses was just making them faster and hit harder.

Nothing is more broken in 2 than the matchmaking system though, soul memory is so retarded, makes it so there's no reason to not constantly level up so you have to delete and create new characters all the time once they end up in the pvp bracket where 99% of the players are max all stats heavy armor fast rollers with magic.

Havent bothered getting the dlc yet myself but the weapons from it are pretty OP compared to the stuff from the main game, kinda given up on 2, thankfully a lot of people have and gone back to 1 so there dks1 playerbase is still going strong.

-Fuzzy Spider
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4475 on: January 14, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

big patch incoming

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/622954747287715320/
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: January 15, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »

That's the thing I don't get.  They were obviously going with the "prepare to le die! xDDDD" schtick but instead of difficult it just ended up being tedious and annoying.  It got boring after you realized that nearly every enemy encounter was going to be fighting 5+ identical guys at once and just kiting and chipping away at them.  This is

they weren't obviously going for anything, the game just has bad level design in a lot of places and completely lacks interesting minibosses or setpiece fights. it also has pacing issues and is overlong (id have been happier if they removed all the crap after drangleic castle and focused on improving the other levels).

dark souls 2 is more forgiving than its predecessors in a lot of ways (such as bonfires everywhere, easier weapon upgrades and 10000 different healing items in addition to estus) and the bosses are a joke for the most part. i can breeze through dks2 much faster than dks1 or demon's.l

btw i actually like most of the mechanics changes in dks2, the only glaringly bad things are the fucked up rolling mechanics and soul memory, tho those are admittedly a pretty big deal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:21:46 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:33 AM »

I haven't played enough to know how the difficulty compares to previous souls games (I have noticed increased amount of bonfires) I just mean the way the game presents itself it feels like it's saying "Look at this difficulty, that's what you came here for right?"
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: January 15, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »

i don't agree with that at all  Shrug

honestly dark souls 1 felt like this to me coming off of demons souls but i got over it. i mean lol dark souls 1 was the game with a whole marketing campaign centered around the tagline "prepare to die" and even got a "prepare to die edition" later on. in dark souls 2 you get an achievement and the old firekeeper mentions dying a lot in the character creation cutscene and that's it for the rest of this very long and sprawling game.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:33:01 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4479 on: January 15, 2015, 02:56:24 AM »

yeah, the bonfires everywhere thing took quite a bit away from the experience, before in demons/dks1 bonfires were major checkpoints they were so far apart, in the case of demons it was just a new starting spot after each boss, and dks1 at major crossroads and generally near shortcuts that can be opened up for later. while very different approaches both were FANTASTICALLY designed, getting to the next bonfire felt like a freaking accomplishment.  In 2 they were reduced to your basic modern game "every 10 second" checkpoint, with few exceptions.

And i get what you're saying centipede, 2 did the "look at me, i'm hard, i'm a souls game!" thing by the death count in town, the achievement, etc, then falls on it's face and subverts everything by the checkpoints, healing items, etc..

and yeah Silbereisen, i agree, it's a shame because in 2 they really DID fix some issues with the combat mechanics, aside from rolling and heavy weapon pivoting being crap compared to des and dks, hell fix those and port the levels and items from demons and dark souls into it and you'd basicly have the ULTIMATE GAME. Well, most of the items, the masks, scraping spear, and stormtroller arent invited.

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic