Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:51:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533680 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: March 24, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »

i can understand why it looks "easy" in streams tho. in this game youre SUPPOSED to combo the shit out of enemies, even bosses and youre supposed to take risks "get greedy". a lot of it totally goes against common souls wisdom lol.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: March 24, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »

change title

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4662 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »

Killed Father Gascoinge and only got like 2000 souls. Not enough for a single level. Game is hard.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: March 24, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »

honestly lol. daddy g is artorias paced and hes one of the first bosses
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4664 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »

ive been stuck on the first two bosses for hours now. i got cleric beast down super low once and now i cant seem to even scratch him. i dont fully understand how to stagger/parry him effectively and its making me sad. its kinda frustrating because unlike other souls games, shit is too fast for me to even tell what im doing wrong sometimes.

still love the game, but i feel like it hates me and wants to push me down a flight of stairs
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4665 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:45 PM »

ive been stuck on the first two bosses for hours now. i got cleric beast down super low once and now i cant seem to even scratch him. i dont fully understand how to stagger/parry him effectively and its making me sad. its kinda frustrating because unlike other souls games, shit is too fast for me to even tell what im doing wrong sometimes.

still love the game, but i feel like it hates me and wants to push me down a flight of stairs

shoot them just before you get hit. works exactly like a parry, but you have a gun instead.

i just killed blood starved beast and i gotta say... people cannot handle that boss. i was summoned maybe 8 times and only beat it twice without the host dying.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4666 on: March 25, 2015, 01:30:10 AM »

Damn, sounds like I'll love this game's pace -- for me shield in Dark Souls was that silly accessory you wear on your back to boost stamina regen.

Please stop making me want this game even more. It surely must suck. Talk more about how it sucks.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: March 25, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »

Please stop making me want this game even more. It surely must suck. Talk more about how it sucks.

the game has some readability issues and levels are harder to find your way around as a result. there are also small graphical glitches occasionally, mainly some pop-in and some weird orange spots on some LOD models. the interface is also kinda bad. the title screen is just the cover art and the complaints about loading times would probably be fewer if the loading screen wasn't just the game's logo. (there's a patch in the works for the loading times btw)

those are all the flaws i could find so far, sorry Sad
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:00:01 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: March 25, 2015, 02:55:53 AM »

btw if ur having trouble with daddy gas, you can paralyze him for a short time using the tiny music box. you get it from a little girl behind a window
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4669 on: March 25, 2015, 04:15:39 AM »

what. what. what. where. why. how. god dammit. where is this girl.

also can i just say that making every hostile NPC strong enough to be a boss was a rad idea?

@TeeGee

Summoning sucks ass. As far as I can tell you don't choose who you summon? You just ring a bell when you want to be summoned, and the summoner rings their own bell. After some time people just show up. PVP is weird too. You ring a bell, somebody else rings the same bell, and then you are taken into their game or they are brought into yours. As far as I know that is the only PVP interaction. I could be wrong.

There is a lot of visual clutter and its hard to tell what is going on at times. Getting hit by G Daddy and Blood Starved Beast bosses is remarkably easy because its hard to tell what the fuck they are even doing.

So far all of the bosses have been really tall so locking onto them turns up the camera, making it really hard to see.

You can't warp between checkpoints. Normally this wouldn't be a gripe but we had it in DkS2 and it was great. Now if you want to get to a new checkpoint you have to go to the closest checkpoint, go back to the hub world, then go select whatever checkpoint you wanted to go to. It takes almost two full minutes with load times. There's no real reason to not let me warp to any other checkpoint from the checkpoint. It'd save me an extra loading screen and almost a minute.

All of the armor looks the same, so far. Except for one NPC who has some white robes/leather armor.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: March 25, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »

PROTIP: look for orange lanterns beside windows and doors. it means you can talk to the inhabitant(s) of the house
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:54:43 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4671 on: March 25, 2015, 04:45:08 AM »

son of a bitch. i only found the old woman, and some other house full of laughing people that tell you to go away.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: March 25, 2015, 08:35:57 AM »

btw old yharnam is exactly like that one level in stalker SOC where a dude keeps sniping at you. also the level design is top notch so far.

im also wondering if a gunner build would be cool to play or just annoying. i went with str because thats waht i do in souls. the streamlined stat system and transforming weapons are pretty neat. not sure what i think of the diablo style gem socket stuff yet.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4673 on: March 25, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »

also the level design is top notch so far.
Dude, spoiler alert

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: March 25, 2015, 08:55:21 AM »

ok but this is in the very first area of da gam and its not like its a secret or anything
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4675 on: March 25, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »

have you tried to fight that guy yet? he blew out my o-ring in like 4 seconds.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: March 25, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

also the level design is top notch so far.
Dude, spoiler alert

oops i didnt see what post u actually quoted because i was on a phone and reading spoiler text there is a tedious process. so i just assumed it was the post about the lanterns and didnt get ur joke

im a failure

btw why do the townsfolk call ME a beast when THEY are the crazed zombiewerewolf mob trying to kill me?? how is a beast now a** ho**
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:01:40 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4677 on: March 25, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »

okay now im getting it. just beat blood starved beast. i think thats my favorite boss so far.

as for why the townsfolk call you beast, i think its because the beasting makes you mad and hallucinate other beasts/NIGHTMARES hence the wolf coming out of the blood in the openning cutscene. idk just my theory so far
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:28 PM »

btw incase u guys didnt know this, bosses (at least the 3 i fought so far) can be parried  with a gun just like with regular enemies. once i figured out the parry timing for the blood starved beast it became a TON easier (still difficult tho, this games bosses don't fuck around).
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4679 on: March 25, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

ive noticed that too, but i hate expending quicksilver bullets to learn parry timings, i end up needing to farm them out
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic