Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:21:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 533681 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: April 03, 2015, 02:59:36 PM »

wow ng+ is HARD in this game

i like how they actually managed to work the increased combat speed into the lore (read gehrman's armor description)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

regarding logarius: he's not cheap at all, but he IS hard as piss. i actually gave up on him multiple times and retried at various points in the game. it was a great experience slooowly getting a handle on him and finally beating him. i dont really have this with souls bosses often anymore b/c im just too familiar with how they work after 6 years of playing these games (despite bloodborne changing things up). hes probably my favorite boss in the game (tho hes also the most annoying)
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4842 on: April 03, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »

now that I know you can destroy the little sword, its pretty freaking rad. I haven't felt this pumped to go in and finally beat a boss since O&S. sucks that he's made me burn through like 70 blood vials already though haha

oh and that blowdart lady before the boss door? yeah, that thing can rot in hell
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: April 03, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: April 04, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »

btw what do you guys think about the mystery door in cathedral ward? i really hope it isn't a hook for future dlc because that would be kinda lame as a solution to the mystery. could be a red herring a la the dks1 pendant. who knows.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »

I had the hardest time on Shadow of Yarnham.  Everything would be going fine and then one of them would hit me and then all of their attacks would come at once as I was staggered and I would die. 

I feel like I've had a hard time on easy bosses and an easy time on hard bosses.  Like, Vicar Amelia got me so many times.  Even with that, I could tell she should be easy, it would just be something like "Battles going fine, haven't been hit, I'm standing behind her, oh wait she did her backwards rake and while I didn't get visually hit I was somehow in a hitbox and oh wait she's going berserk and I'm dead"

But Rom was crazy easy (although the AOE got me the first time through) and so was the One Reborn (although the floor vomit got me the first time through).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »

like i said the one reborn did next to 0 damage to me. idk if my armor combo was just particularly good or sth but it seemed easy in a broken sort of way. rom is also not hard, yes.

for the shadows i just used the rocks in the arena to separate them. they were a piece of cake tbh. Shrug but ya i guess which bosses are easy/hard depends on your particular skills as a player. not everyone is good at the same stuff.

btw i noticed that in bloodborne its generally not a good idea to rely on poking tactics too much. the combat is fast and dodge heavy and bosses have a ton of hp, so you dont want to draw the fight out too much to minimize the risk of fucking up. whats better is looking for opportunities to stunlock bosses and pull off big combos on them or to rely on parrying. basically unlike the souls games this game does NOT want you to play it safe but to take big risks and reap big rewards.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4847 on: April 04, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »

putting your ps4 into rest mode literally breaks bosses. for example, mergots wet nurse only did 1 attack while i fought her.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4848 on: April 04, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »

hardest thing about the shadows of yharnam is that OP snake summon thing. I didn't even see it until my second playthrough, and it oneshotted me at full health after getting the last guy to 1/10th of his health.  Gentleman
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: April 04, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »

putting your ps4 into rest mode literally breaks bosses. for example, mergots wet nurse only did 1 attack while i fought her.

with this + the dupe bug i expect a lot of noobs in the pvp haha (i dont have internet other than phone internet atm)

btw i never put my ps4 in rest mode while a game is running and i dont play games for 12 hours straight (wat a hell) so im positive that the one reborn wasnt bugged and was just damn easy. he did multiple moves too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:05:33 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Dragonmaw
« Reply #4850 on: April 04, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »

just got bloodborne, working my way through central yharnham. found father gascoigne for my first boss.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: April 04, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »

if ur having trouble try the cleric beast first. this game has probably the hardest early game bosses in the series. difficulty takes a bit of a dip mid-game.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: April 04, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »

I told u all that ds2 was the cash in while the true game was made, just because it's good doesn't make it less cash in, now the truth you can see it all that I was right all along PRAISE THE MOON

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #4853 on: April 04, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

on my second playthrough and the one reborn is kicking my ass haha. its funny the stuff I found to be piss easy the first time is giving me more trouble this time around. i think its mostly RNG screwing me over (this guys easily the worst boss in the game imo).

edit: okay i beat him and it was back to being piss easy. what a terrible boss. this whole section of the game (unseen after rom) is pretty meh honestly
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:31:36 PM by DJFloppyFish » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: April 05, 2015, 12:44:18 AM »

I told u all that ds2 was the cash in while the true game was made, just because it's good doesn't make it less cash in, now the truth you can see it all that I was right all along PRAISE THE MOON

i think ds2 could have been much better if development was better planned (or at least thats the vibe i got from the interview). for a game by a first time director that was restarted from scratch halfway through it's a respectable effort. it sucks that its getting the most attention dlc and rerelease wise tho. i'd take an HD remake of demons souls with the 6th archstone included over 10 scholars of the first sin.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: April 05, 2015, 12:47:58 AM »

oh btw i actually really like the unseen village
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: April 05, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »

I beat it last night and here are my general thoughts:

- Blood vials are a bad system - it works well 99% of the time, but if you get stuck on a boss and burn through your stockpile, you are forced to farm them.  I would have preferred a system where you always get a stockpile of 10

- The combat felt much better than the Souls games.  Although maybe dodging is too good?  It feels like there are a LOT of invincibility frames, particularly compared to the Souls.  I guess that's necessary given the lack of shields, but it still felt like a bit much.  It felt like someone said, what if we mixed in Devil May Cry with Souls.

- Weapons felt a bit more "meh" than in Souls.  I appreciate the paring down of the weapons, but I never found a weapon better than my starting one (I chose Saw Cleaver) -- even at the same level and with the same blood gems, nothing ever came close to doing the same amount of damage.  I did swap to Ludwig's heavy mode for certain enemies where the lunge/stagger was very good

- The game has the same problem as all of the Souls games where the last third feels a bit sloppy.  In that it becomes less about exploring and more about checking off boxes.  With that, if you don't do things in the right order then certain bosses will be too hard and others will be too easy.  It also doesn't help that the topology of the first 2/3ds is intertwined and then the last third is just a bunch of disconnected levels.

- Logarius was annoying, but was easy once I figured out I could backstab him during his AOE charge

- Amygdala was ludicrously easy

- I feel like I had a quasi-bugged Mergo's Wet Nurse - It used more than 1 attack (like 5) but was really, really stupid

- The final boss felt like a definite spike in difficulty and I never really got a feel for the scythe portions (luckily he spent most of his time in the sword form)

- The endings are just as "Eh?" as all Souls games
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: April 05, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »

- Blood vials are a bad system - it works well 99% of the time, but if you get stuck on a boss and burn through your stockpile, you are forced to farm them.  I would have preferred a system where you always get a stockpile of 10

its actually a pretty good system. its like estus with a built in punishment for being too trigger happy with it. healing actually MEANS something in this game. in every other souls game i would heal whenever i took even the slightest dmg, because either there were too many healing items (des, dks2) or youd get a free refill anyway so wasting them didnt matter much (both dark souls games). in bloodborne im actually thinking carefully about using vials.

- Weapons felt a bit more "meh" than in Souls.  I appreciate the paring down of the weapons, but I never found a weapon better than my starting one (I chose Saw Cleaver) -- even at the same level and with the same blood gems, nothing ever came close to doing the same amount of damage.  I did swap to Ludwig's heavy mode for certain enemies where the lunge/stagger was very good

weapons are all supposed to be viable but theyre unbalanced atm (unsurprisingly). also ludwigs does much more damage than the saw cleaver. i mean its a greatsword with Bs in str and dex scaling, that's insane.

tbh i dont like the gems that much, seems too much like a diablo style loot grind thing where you get 1000 nearly identical items and have to pick the one with the best stats (which is weird because thats exactly what they were trying to get away from w/ the weapons.) I mean its ok i dont hate it, but still...

itd also be cool if weapons changed visually as you upgrade them somehow.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:39:29 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: April 05, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »

lore tidbit: the crows aren't somehow mutated or transformed, they just got really fat because theres so much carrion to eat in yharnam.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4859 on: April 05, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »

- Weapons felt a bit more "meh" than in Souls.  I appreciate the paring down of the weapons, but I never found a weapon better than my starting one (I chose Saw Cleaver) -- even at the same level and with the same blood gems, nothing ever came close to doing the same amount of damage.  I did swap to Ludwig's heavy mode for certain enemies where the lunge/stagger was very good

if nothing came close to the same amount of damage then the it just didnt scale to your stats as well as the saw cleaver, or you didnt upgrade them enough. which is much more likely. none of the weapons out damage the other weapons. thats the nature of the whole system. use what you think feels good, and not what is clearly more damaging/better than other weapons.

the weapon system is similar to monster hunter. which makes it far superior to previous souls games.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic