Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:18:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534050 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: May 13, 2015, 12:47:36 PM »

chalices are completely independent from ng+. i.e. they DO carry over and they don't scale.

btw you also keep all of your hunter badges on ng+ and all the items in the messenger shops stay unlocked, but you probably knew that. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:55:00 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: May 13, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »

And you can stop in the middle of a dungeon, finish the game and go back to where you were on ng+.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5222 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »

okay rad! I got some leveling to do.

I gotta say, for as much as I complain about the dungeons, they are totally reinvigorating my interest in the game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: May 13, 2015, 01:53:54 PM »

btw i fucked up eileen's questline on 3 separate playthroughs. now i finally managed to not accidentally kill her during the henryk fight. im the best player
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5224 on: May 13, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »

ugh sometimes i feel like i'm just brute forcing bosses. i hate that, i need to be GUD
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: May 14, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »

ugh sometimes i feel like i'm just brute forcing bosses. i hate that, i need to be GUD

You mean grinding and stuff? Having high vitality in this game is really important, all the rest is about upgrading weapons and maybe some papers. If you're grinding for Vit, thats actually annoying, but for all the rest you'll be able to compensate.   
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: May 16, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »

i just noticed that the icons of the various coldblood items form an "animation" of sorts: a blood drop falls into pool of blood (coldblood dew, thick coldblood), the pool begins to bubble (frenzied coldblood) and a cyan orb begins to form within it (kin CB, great one CB). nice little detail.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5227 on: May 16, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

same with the tomb mold and the ritual blood

You mean grinding and stuff? Having high vitality in this game is really important, all the rest is about upgrading weapons and maybe some papers. If you're grinding for Vit, thats actually annoying, but for all the rest you'll be able to compensate. 

actually i just mean that sometimes i feel like im relying on healing too much and im not getting dodge timings down as much i did in past souls games. im liking the chalice dungeons right now because they're actually forcing me to learn that stuff a bit more.

however, i gotta say layer 3 of lower pthumeru is an absolute clusterfuck. i could understand if it was randomly generated but this is a preset. its like they just said fuck it fight 4 different kinds of things at once.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: May 16, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

I dont know if it's accurate, but I got the impression that even speedrunners are taking more hits than in past souls games and putting more points in vitality in the beginning of the run. It could be that with time this will change, but I think this is just an element of the game's design: you get hit and use blood vials more often this time. It doesnt help that some of the bosse's moves are really fast and chaotic.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: May 16, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »

its because the regain mechanic is a thing. miyazaki himself even says that he wants players to get hit

i feel like im playing bloodborne "better" than the old souls games because i always just turtled a lot and relied on cheese tactics but bborne removes a lot of that
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:57:23 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: May 16, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »

I used the regain less than I expected (never) in the most difficult bosses. They had combos that could ohko me, so everytime I got hit I would desperately dodge back and heal. Some bosses were also really fast, like the Abhorrent beast, and everytime I tried to regain they would finish their attacks and start another ones. I recognize that this was mostly my own lack of skill and old habits from dark souls speaking.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: May 16, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »

Hmm. the comments here kind of worry me since i intend one day to purchase a ps4 for bloodborne.

Is it still possible to clear the game without leveling? I really enjoyed Dark Souls with my level 3 Rapier only Wanderer.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: May 16, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »

Hmm. the comments here kind of worry me since i intend one day to purchase a ps4 for bloodborne.

Is it still possible to clear the game without leveling? I really enjoyed Dark Souls with my level 3 Rapier only Wanderer.

You dont have to worry, those are just nitpicks. You can still beat the game at low levels and combat is even better than before.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: May 16, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

someone has managed to beat the game at level 4 (lowest possible starting level) without guns and beat it again on ng+. so yes.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwAfKxt2rUTW4PjlqbdDMqJy_CsAj5189
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: May 16, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »

oh that's good to know! thanks
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: May 16, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

anyway im getting better at incorporating regain into my playstyle after 3 playthroughs lol. i actually found that taking risks can be easier than staying on the safe side in this game. many bosses have long range attacks that seem designed to punish you for keeping a supposedly "safe" distance for example.

some of the chalice bosses are poorly balanced imo and shoudlnt factor into this.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5236 on: May 16, 2015, 08:44:14 PM »

Yeah, it makes sense that you're supposed to take some hits. That is definitely reflected in the design w/ regain. I just need to leave behind my perfectionist ways behind.  Tongue

NG+ will probably give me the punishing experiment experience I'm looking for and that will be probably be too MLG for me.

Oh yeah absolutely. I actually think low level runs seem really fun/viable in this game.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: May 17, 2015, 02:11:21 AM »

ng+ in this game is like the inverse of dks1 ng+. early game is super hard and then there's a real difficulty drop towards the end. it also becomes super easy to max out vials by buying them.

i think blood vials are actually a bit too forgiving.if the default max was 10 or 15 itd be better because as is it's slightly too easy to rely on them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:16:45 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5238 on: May 17, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »

Regarding vial abundance, I absolutely agree. I think it may be the main reason this game feels less hard. Now that I'm never running out of vials, I kinda feel like I'm just fucking around and taking more risks for no reason. It would be so easy to just hang back and pop vial after vial and cruise through the game but I'm trying to avoid that.

Also geys i beat bloodletting bast w/ no vials am i kewl?

btw Silbereisen's described method of rolling to dodge rom's ice blasts works, i tried it
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: May 17, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »

lol i even made a video but im too lazy to edit it.

it also seems works better if you're farther away from her (yes rom is female).
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic