Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:12:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 526806 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: October 08, 2015, 03:05:49 AM »

i finally picked up bborne again and beat abhorrent using a shitton of molotovs and poison knives lol
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: October 13, 2015, 04:03:32 PM »

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/13/bloodborne-game-of-the-year-edition-launches-on-25th-november/

BEAST TRANSFORMATION CONFIRMED FOR DLC

As detailed last month, The Old Hunters challenges players to explore entirely new environments, including a monolithic clock tower, filled with Bloodborne’s traditional blend of risk, reward and frightening boss encounters.

In addition to new environments, you’ll also gain access to new outfits and weapons to bolster your beast-battling arsenal, including a fearsome new ranged weapon called Simon’s Bowblade. On top of this, The Old Hunters also offers players the ability to go native and transform into terrifying beasts.

also great that we finally get to access the clock tower apparently. that was one the biggest wasted opportunities for a level in the vanilla game imo. this dlc is shaping up to be awesome.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: October 13, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »

I knew you were a Cthulhu worshipper

MrBones
« Reply #5663 on: October 13, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »

I played dark souls 3 at NYCC and it was pretty good, felt like a cross of demon soul's mechanics with bloodborne's speed and smoothness I'd say
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: October 13, 2015, 11:37:25 PM »

I played dark souls 3 at NYCC and it was pretty good, felt like a cross of demon soul's mechanics with bloodborne's speed and smoothness I'd say

good to hear. thats pretty much what im expecting.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5665 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »

didn't get into the stress test for dark souls III but I've been watching a lot of streams. looks hype but a few things are really bothering/disappointing me:
-gold pine resin now lasts 5 seconds but you find a lot of them
-invading seems to be dependent on the invadee already summoning co-op buddies, like bloodborne, which seems really lame. hope im mistaken about this
-restoring an ember is the new humanity equivelant and instead of turning your character human it gives him/her some hot embers around the ridges of their armor. this is cool if it means im not a zombie the whole game but im not sure i want to see that ember effect on every character i make. i dont know, just a pet peeve.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: October 18, 2015, 04:07:41 AM »

i decided to completely ignore all preview materials from now on. i didnt take part in the network test either. i mean it's dark souls, i already know what the deal is and i already know im going to like it. so im willing to let myself be surprised about stuff.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5667 on: October 18, 2015, 10:42:04 AM »

that's how i feel about it
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: October 19, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »

i had a dream last night where i was playing the bloodborne dlc and it was the best ever. im a dork. Sad
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: October 23, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »

played more SOTFS

i can agree that it's better than the original version of dks2. enemy and item placement are MOSTLY better and they managed to improve on one of the game's biggest level design issues (namely lack of enemy variety within a given area). also fragrant branches are more interesting now. of course it's dks2 with all that implies and it's still the weakest souls game, but welp.
JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: October 23, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »

played more SOTFS

i can agree that it's better than the original version of dks2. enemy and item placement are MOSTLY better and they managed to improve on one of the game's biggest level design issues (namely lack of enemy variety within a given area). also fragrant branches are more interesting now. of course it's dks2 with all that implies and it's still the weakest souls game, but welp.
The only area I think is really notably worse in SotFS is Iron Keep. Otherwise I'm either neutral or positive to the enemy layout changes.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

the wandering heide knights in heide's are terrible
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5672 on: October 24, 2015, 07:19:05 AM »

the wandering heide knights in heide's are terrible

QFT

those shitlords are the worst. having to fight them alongside the old knights is especially bad. no idea what they were thinking there.

overall, the sotfs enemy placement isn't enough to make dks2 substantially better IMHO. on the whole, the levels are still just windy hallways with lots of hordes and little variation in the combat encounters.

ive been playing bloodborne and that game really is great at shaking up the encounters, very few feel exactly the same. I just hope we get more kinds of enemies other than beasts and hunters in the DLC.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: November 03, 2015, 06:08:24 AM »

im playing some more SOTFS

the bastille looks almost neon-lit now lol. all it does is emphasize how shitty the textures in that place look but ok. im also glad they finally fixed the the floating level section. im glad it only took them a remaster to fix that *snicker*. enemy layout is better and makes more sense. one big improvement is the bridge to sinner's rise which was an almost pointless section in the vanilla version because it was impossible to get hit.

the biggest improvement so far has been huntsman's copse, particularly the skeleton cave part which is now about about 80% less annoying.

i still don't understand why they didn't remove some of the excessive bonfires tbh.

the additional pursuer encounters aren't doing much for me. i just run away everytime because fuck that shit.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5674 on: November 09, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »

Two collector editions confirmed as well a release date of 12th April:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-release-date-two-collectors-editions-/1100-6432133/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: November 20, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »

hyped for bborne dlc coming out tuesday and currently DLing the patch.

the patch already contains some dlc "preview" content in the form of a new co-op oriented covenant + an npc tied to that covenant.

also this is a pretty neat improvement
non-root dungeons now have a standard glyph allowing you to meet other players without knowing their unique glyph beforehand. If you wish, you can still create non-root chalice dungeons with an unique glyph to avoid random PvP and co-op.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: November 20, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: November 20, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »

cool. he already completed 3 amazing souls games and dks3 will probably be great as well. it'd be a shame to see his talents go to waste on making iterations of the same thing forever, as much as i like these games.

gamespot interviewer was being a little pushy tho. wtf is up with the legacy of kain stuff?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: November 23, 2015, 05:02:03 PM »

unsure what to think of bborne dlc so far. the first area is just a modified yharnam (parts of central + cathedral ward). admittedly rather heavily modified but still. also im playing this with one of my chalice builds so im hideously overleveled for it. i actually just rolled a new char so i can enjoy the dlc at the intended difficulty.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5679 on: November 23, 2015, 10:53:35 PM »

also im playing this with one of my chalice builds so im hideously overleveled for it. i actually just rolled a new char so i can enjoy the dlc at the intended difficulty.

Started playing with a new build and went to the DLC at around level 30-35 and was severely under leveled (dogs took 10-12 hits to kill and the hunters 20-25, while I died in 1-3 hits). Started playing with a NG+3 character with top tier chalice bloodgems and very high stats, and the difficulty feels just about right here. Compared to first time I played the main game - where I beat most bosses first try - I'm getting pummeled quite a bit by some of the tougher enemies and two of the three bosses I've played so far were quite challenging. One boss was just bizarre in how simple and easy it was, I'm suspecting it may have bugged out on me.

Absolutely loving it so far.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic