Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1028403 Posts in 41285 Topics- by 32903 Members - Latest Member: Pauli

July 31, 2014, 05:29:20 AM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Dark Souls II
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 291
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Dark Souls II  (Read 182953 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: November 16, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »

You do know that Patches becomes a shopkeeper, right? In fact, you're supposed to fall in the hole, and he doesn't do anything after that anyway. (And he gives you two humanities when you bargain with him)

AshfordPride
« Reply #1081 on: November 17, 2012, 05:14:44 AM »

You do know that Patches becomes a shopkeeper, right? In fact, you're supposed to fall in the hole, and he doesn't do anything after that anyway. (And he gives you two humanities when you bargain with him)

Oddly enough, he just started attacking me.  I just went up to talk to him and he quickly went from surprise to anger after I returned from my hole adventure.  It's because I told him I was a cleric.  Now I guess I can't get Sweet Mask of Hella Child.
C.A. Silbereisen
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 17, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »

i think he automatically attacks you if you told him you're a cleric lol

Nillo
Level 10

You can't stop the internet, Steve.

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:21 AM »

I sort of assumed Patches is the reason all the other clerics died (the ones who went down there with Rhea) so it makes sense... Tongue

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #1084 on: November 17, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

Why would you tell him 'yes' when how he asks you "Are you a cleric or something?" has the same tone of voice as "Are you a child molester or something?" or "Are you a baby-killer or something?"  Cheesy
alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1085 on: November 17, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

Kill every NPC as soon as you see them, none can be trusted.
AshfordPride
« Reply #1086 on: November 17, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »

Why would you tell him 'yes' when how he asks you "Are you a cleric or something?" has the same tone of voice as "Are you a child molester or something?" or "Are you a baby-killer or something?"  Cheesy

It's never a bad idea to say yes to someone.  You like miracles?  You say yes, you get to learn miracles.  You like spells?  Say yes, get magic.  You like Pyromancy?  Fuck yeah bro, let's light shit up.  There's a pattern where saying yes to people was granting me endless sweet loot.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile Email
« Reply #1087 on: November 17, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »

And that's what they call "circumventing expectations." Smiley

I so wish I could just be watching you play sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing, either.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #1088 on: November 17, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

Well yes, except those guys are literally HEY YOU WANT COOL STUFF Y/N?
Actually, laurentius gets pissed if you say yes, because he's asking if you find pyromancy offensive.

The only time it's really stupid is with Alvina, where its rather unclear what you're Y/Ning too.
AshfordPride
« Reply #1089 on: November 17, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »

And that's what they call "circumventing expectations." Smiley

I so wish I could just be watching you play sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing, either.

I failed 2King4Me six times.  That's about the end of that story.

ACTUALLY, I will indite myself further.  I haven't used any magic or spells all game because I didn't know how because I've looked up nothing about this game beyond fleeting word of mouth.  So I just kept buying them and raising my faith and being fucking stupid.  There's a lot of NPC blood on my hand that could have been easily prevented, lemme tell ya.  Lot of titanite tossed out the fucking window trying to figure out how crafting works. 

Actually, laurentius gets pissed if you say yes, because he's asking if you find pyromancy offensive.

Oh yeah, but there's no consequence to it.  I'm offended by fire.  I'm Frankenstein.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:54:38 PM by Samtagonist » Logged
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile Email
« Reply #1090 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »

If you want to use magic...

1. Go to a bonfire and "attune" your spells. You'll probably want to make them all the same type of spell (Sorcery, Pyro, or Miracle), but it's totally up to you. Upgrading your "Attunement" stat gives you more slots for equipping them, btw.

2. Equip a catalyst in your weapons section of your inventory. Yes, spellcasting catalysts are essentially just weapons, that you wield like every other kind of weaponry in the game.

3. Cast "triple facepalm" and laugh at yourself. Heck, you can get a Sorcerer's Catalyst from the blacksmith at the start of New Londo from your very first trip to Firelink Shrine, and hidden below the elevators in Firelink Shrine, there's another Catalyst that lets you cast the Miracles you first learn from Petrus, too.

Then again, I went quite awhile before I even bothered with them, either. So don't be too mean to yourself.

Raptor85
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1091 on: November 17, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

how are those spoilers? if you push select in your stats menu it'll tell you all of that... plus anyone who sells you spells also sells the catalyst/talismen needed to cast it, with a description on the item that that's what it does.
AshfordPride
« Reply #1092 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:18 AM »

Oh no guys, don't worry, I worked it all out.  I'm just saying there was a long time where I kept collecting them with no real intention of using them, just because.

Also, beat LMAO4KINGS! once I realized that you are just capable of doing more damage to them than they are to you.  That was a pretty stupid bossfight, and considering Pinwheel was the previous boss I'm kind of in a rut of shitty bosses.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 18, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »

Pinwheel wrecked my face the first time I fought him because I got there at level 10 by pushing all the skeletons off cliffs.

Nillo
Level 10

You can't stop the internet, Steve.

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »

I just beat the game. Ending feels like a major anticlimax to me. I don't even know what I was doing or what just happened. I was told to link the fire, and I uh... did that? Credits roll, I'm back in the asylum. Welp.

I'm gonna make a sorcerer character and see what all that magic stuff is about. Also, for anyone curious, this is the equipment I used for the majority of the game:
Black Knight Sword
Black Knight Shield
Stone Armor Set
Black Bow of Pharis
Pyromancer Flame
Havel's Ring
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 291
Print