Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998289 Posts in 39150 Topics- by 30561 Members - Latest Member: garret559

April 18, 2014, 04:06:50 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Dark Souls II
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 245
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Dark Souls II  (Read 141645 times)
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #1995 on: April 29, 2013, 09:44:09 AM »

I thought it was kind of stupid that you had to sign in to vote, and that shield submissions are region-locked.
Come on FROM, guys in America have good kite shield designs too!  Tongue

Anyway, many of these shields are veritable works of art, maaaan.  But alot of them don't seem to fit in with the games art style at all.  That's more FROM's fault though for not really giving any concrete specifications.

Shrug
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1996 on: April 29, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »

That shield is badass, Gabriel! Upvoted on Reddit and I hope you win. Smiley

Started my second playthrough with a Wanderer. Going for DEX and a little bit of INT, I think, for sorceries. Boy, your second time through is so different. So many bosses I thought were incredibly tough I can beat on my first try now.
J-Snake
Level 10

a fool with a tool is still a fool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1997 on: April 29, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »

This is not directly related to gameplay discussion, but I just got my shield design approved for their contest things.

I'd really appreciate any votes! You just have to be in the top 30 to make the shortlist.

Voting is here: https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2804

I also posted a thread here - I'd appreciate upvotes there as well! http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1dcaf5/my_shield_design_got_approved/

(Yeah you have to to sign into the dumb app thing to be able to vote... It's stupid but all it is a gallery where you can votes on the designs.)
Nice, congrats, it seems to be approved already. Only the hand looks like it is placed over the surface separately, not build in.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.

Super Metroid Tournament: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38039.0

TrapThem: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222597670
C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »

Anyway, many of these shields are veritable works of art, maaaan.  But alot of them don't seem to fit in with the games art style at all.  That's more FROM's fault though for not really giving any concrete specifications.
dark souls 1 also has 4 user designed shields too (sanctus, bloodshield, effigy shield, black iron greatshield) and they blend in so well with the rest that i actually just had to google which ones they are lol.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1999 on: April 29, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »

I'm not such a fan of the custom shields in Dark Souls, they could be better. None of them are really that fantastic. Sanctus is too brightly colored with an ugly (IMO) design, Bloodshield has a clip-arty blood drop in the center, Effigy is a straight-up HR Giger rip-off, and Black Iron is a bit bland. There are a lot of shields in this contest, including the one above, that could beat out the Dark Souls shields easily.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:22:42 PM by SundownKid » Logged

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile Email
« Reply #2000 on: April 29, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »

Well, that explains why Sanctus and the Blood Shield are so goofy looking.  Cheesy

Black Iron Shield is nice in a practical sort of way, the Effigy shield could have been nice if the model wasn't so chunky.  It looks kind of like a flattened kettle bell.  Tongue

You know I like how this game continues to amaze me.  For the first time ever I've tried making a pure physical character, and I am in awe of how powerful a +10 Mace is.  Now that I've bumped up my STR to 30 for a big shield, it's two-shotting giant gold knights when two-handed.

This is my giant clubbing stick.  Cool

edit:
Oh no, upon closer examination Black Iron Shield is dumb too.  It had me going until I noticed it was caked in blood for no particular reason.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:08:18 PM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2001 on: April 29, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »

Speaking of blood, it would be cool if you actually could get temporarily bloody similar to Dragon Age if you slew enemies, but I guess the game was never really that bloody anyway. I would love if the armor and weapons visually reflected their damage, though. For example, one with durability 10 would look all busted up.

Never realized a pure STR character was that powerful. Makes me want to make one now =P

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2002 on: May 01, 2013, 01:20:33 AM »

Hey, question - if I downloaded the DLC, can I access it even in a game I started before I downloaded the DLC? I'm on Xbox.

Please don't spoil how to access the DLC, though. Smiley
C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:04 AM »

you can. or at least i could on ps3.

alastair
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2004 on: May 01, 2013, 04:42:40 AM »

It seemed pretty obscure on how to access the DLC place, do any NPCs give you hints I can't remember?
C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 01, 2013, 05:00:13 AM »

it's very obscure if you're trying to actually figure it out as a puzzle but it's not THAT hard to just stumble across it (a couple of my friends did)

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »

i think phubans was using the wiki for other stuff, and he didn't even know it existed at all till he read about it in here

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2007 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »

Thanks for the DLC help, dudes! I'll see if I can figure it out.

C.A. Sinner
Schlagerstar
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »

baka gaijin

Castle
Level 10

:<

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:35 AM »

Glad to know people are fucking stupid and complain about "casuals" everywhere and in all languages
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 245
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic