Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:15:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrappy Dreams
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crappy Dreams  (Read 3804 times)
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »

Crappy Dreams: you can say it's a group of mini games that represent parts of dreams (they are real dreams).

Genre: Arcade

Platform: Mobile devices (iOS, Android, Blackberry)

Description: This game is an experimental game, and its inspired from Dys4ia and POP methodology experiment 1. The game will consists of 5 dreams. These dreams are divided into sub-dreams where you play them in shuffled order but maintaining same order of sub-dreams (means if dream one have d11 and d12 sub-dreams and dream 2 is d21 and d22 sub-dreams, we can randomize them but we must keep d22 after d21 and d12 after d11). Since lots of my dreams contain sex so I made the sex part as micro dreams where it appears as a transition between every two sub-dreams. The mini dreams are divided into 3 main categories (1- Aiming 2- Vibrating 3- Eruption) and the mini dreams will be shown like in old movies as a metaphor (ex in Naked Gun 2 the sex scenes).

Art:
I wanted the art to be crappy and looks weird to represent the weirdness in my dreams for example like RunMan: Race Around the World Graphics Smiley

Done So far:
Main Menu
Transitions between dreams
1 Mini Dream from Category 1
1 Mini Dream from Category 2
1 Mini Dream from Category 3
1 Complete Dream with 4 sub dreams

Remaining:
4 Dreams consists of 3 to 4 sub dreams
2 Mini Dreams from Category 1
2 Mini Dreams from Category 2
2 Mini Dreams from Category 3
Connecting Sub Dreams
Connecting Whole Game
Pause Menu
Mute Button
Credits
Scores Menu
Music

Finish Date: July 2012

Screenshots:

Comments and suggestions are really appreciated Smiley

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:13:31 PM by amidos2006 » Logged

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Can you explain what the game plays like? Hard to tell from the screenshots.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:36 AM »

Its a group of mini games Smiley Let's talk an example so it can explain it more (it's a weird dream btw)

Original Dream Story: the dream started that I am working as a kungfu master who steal money from thieves so I entered their hideout and started fighting them then I collected money and then took my car to ran away when I got out from their hideout i found myself in the green hills valley (from sonic the hedgehog) then I started evading lakes and holes ... then let's convert this part of dream to the game.

This part I divided into 3 parts:
1- Part of fighting Thieves
2- Part of collecting money
3- Part of running away with the car

so this part of dream is 3 sub-dreams each one is a mini game to be played
- First mini game: my character will be on the left of the screen and when tap the master button on the screen he will make a kick and goes down so I must time my kick to kill the incoming thieves
- Second mini game: my character is running forward and moving up while running and pressing the left button make him go down and release to move up again and there is money on floor and I want to collect it
- Third mini game: I am in car and running with it and it moves up like the second mini game and pressing button make it moves down and here my goal is to evade crashing or sinking with the car

Let's imagine that every dream is divided into small subdreams then I shuffled these subdreams but at same time I keep the order of subdream correct then I placed small mini games between these subdreams, I know its sound weird but I want to people experience how dreams are weird and how mine are affected with gaming and weirdness at same time Smiley

Hope that explains the gameplay more than the description Smiley and it will be nice if I know what do u think about the whole idea Smiley

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »

So is this something like Wario Ware except that each of the mini-games involves clicking the "magic button" with the correct timing? Based on what the mini-game is about.

Are these games based on your actual dreams?

I like the idea of having a bunch of mini-games and connecting them together randomly and still trying to make a story with it. I tried something similar with my game Donut Get!, but it got a bit out of hand because I made a unique game engine for each of the mini-games. Way too much work... haha! It seems that you got the scope of it under control! Smiley

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »

Yup you are right Smiley and its based on real dreams I had dreamed with it the past weeks Smiley

I hope to keep the scope small of each mini dream Smiley so I can finish the game Smiley

Do you know that I designed the game that way so that I want the player after he finished the game have this impression (wtf I have just played? but in a good way ofcourse :D)

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

Today I didn't work a lot on the game Just about 1 hour and most of that hour I spent searching for free sfx sounds but I managed to finish another mini dream Smiley from second category Smiley

here is a screenshots Smiley

and also I want a help in the failure sound effect as I use that sound in winning http://www.freesound.org/people/totya/sounds/19446/ (Yeah Children Sound) and I want something also with children but indicate failure so if anyone can help I will be appreciated Smiley

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »

Sorry for not posting for a while but I was a bit busy with work and didn't work on the game Smiley Just asking if there anyone interested in making music and help me in sfx in that project as a collaboration will be nice I will post in collaboration forums too Smiley and since this project will be a commercial product so he will get a revenue share percentage from the project Smiley Hope there is anyone interested Smiley Will post here about progress soon Smiley

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »

today and few hours yesterday I worked on Crappy Dreams I managed to finish one mini dream of the the last category of minidreams (eruption) and here is a screenshot

Also I managed to finish the first dream with all subdreams included the core mechanic of all subdreams work except the timers that will indicate the end of the subdream to go to the next subdream.
Missing the end of each sub dream as its make me think a lot on how to manage the time and the end as each subdream must have an end that connects it with the rest of the dream and at same time the subdream must have fixed time 10 to 20 secs not exceed :S The idea I had when the time ended I generate the destination you must reach (if its running subdream) and when player reach the destination I end the subdream but that will give more time after the timer reach 0 which will look weird so if anyone have a better idea than mine I will be grateful Smiley

Technical Problem:
Also I have a problem in AS3 code so in the function getDefinitionByName as I had lots of classes that I want to load dynamically from xml file so when I do that all class names always threw exception that it is not defined when I googled the problem all people say that I should define variables at the beginning of the class but that's unfeasible due to lots of classes in game so I googled another solution which say I must use swc file which is not feasible also as the classes are in the same project and not in another project to compile it swc hope if anyone know about the solution for that Smiley thnx inadvance

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic