Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:08:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject gnh20. English letsplay added
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Print
Author Topic: Project gnh20. English letsplay added  (Read 90435 times)
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »

Then here's latest version: http://sb-games.com/wp-content/uploads/20_Oct_build_Eng.zip

-------------

Changes from September 22. (Sorry for translation.)

1. (Important) Basic tiles in the game redrawn. Now the main graphics in the game at a higher resolution. And, hopefully, the best quality. The bad news is that the performance is strongly decreased.
2. (Very important) items now so damned impossible razekipirovat. To do this, find the altar or holy water. Inability to remove cursed items - classic bagels.
3. (Very important) now features found unique items not immediately known. Again, this is a classic bagels. Not known and additional features, specifications and the attacking blades. Subject to determine needs altar god of war and the resources to offering him.
4. (Important) Made possible to bind actions to keys 0-9. (Hotkeys)
5. Did zoom. Now with one click you can zoom in the picture. Especially convenient for drawing on the walls. And the owners of high resolutions like 1920 is too small to save the content in the game.
6. Several revisions of balance and bugs. For example, you can now use a block that is blocking, painting and installation of stairs magic does not throw counters, and other moves, teleportation using the wand comes with some randomization, the common enemies now have no money with me, but scientists do not throw a bomb so often.
7. The ability to shoot a barrel of rum. Help put out the lava, and take zaminirovannost have doused opponents.
8. New unique characters: Dr. Feelgood, Lord Black, Wii.
9. The new creature - Acid ooz. Sometimes rises when there is an enemy. And made immune to acid as a property of objects. Made a spontaneous and lava, and other little things.
10. Corrections balance. Now less likely that the player will nagibatorov, who will have nothing to do. To balance introduces some features, skukozhivayutsya players - nagibatorov. So only a clever player will be able to survive and spread all around. In general, it can be read as a slight increase in complexity.
11. Added one new building underground dwarfs.
12. Now touch the lava does not kill instantly, and takes half of health. What gives the ability to teleport or otherwise escape from the lava in unexpected situations. Now it will be less accidental deaths from lava.
13. Explosion injures blast now exists on some short distance away. Now there will be a situation where a scientist with a gun shot to the wall - and remains invulnerable as refractory. Earlier, was just instant death from lava that pits explosion.
14. Edit a few minor bugs. Here and there. Also changed the behavior of the wing to fly. Now the flight step by step.
15. New Item: Holy Water and the call sign of subjects. Sign calls for the player all he hutch.
16. Now, in the caves can be found occasionally automated building dwarfs. Pistons, gears, and other moving parts.
17. New item: ring "my precious." When equipped makes you invisible, but it sucks the soul slowly irreversibly.
18. There is an opportunity at the altar of life to raise the maximum health.
19. The palette of the game a little bit changed. Mainly through program effects. Also added to the effect of light from the lava.
20. An opportunity to the enemies to fight each other. And the main character can now call a friend to fight by his side.
21. Boss did in the second world without murder is not held in the third world.

-------------

geez you know how to do a color palette
Thanks!
Ideas about the palette I took from the wonderful graphics project that near here: Journey To Hammerdale.

Thank them!
Coffee
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:32 AM »

The new higher resolution graphics look very nice to me, it's just a shame it affects performance.

Do you have room in your palette for more shading for the white-blue-grey bricks/rocks? I think they might look better with a few more shades in there in your shading routines.
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2012, 06:59:36 AM »

The new higher resolution graphics look very nice to me, it's just a shame it affects performance.

Do you have room in your palette for more shading for the white-blue-grey bricks/rocks? I think they might look better with a few more shades in there in your shading routines.
When too smooth shadows - lost brutality. Wink

Yes, in fact I used to try to make smooth transitions of brightness. But it looked, in my opinion, less expressive.
Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »

I'll try out the new build as soon as possible.

haven't had much time lately, but I hope you keep posting updates on here too.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »

What's the plan for music?
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »

Sorry, not planned yet. May be without music.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

Sorry, not planned yet. May be without music.

Good deal. Music gives games a pace. Rougelikes should allow the player to determine the pace.

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 21, 2012, 06:56:11 PM »

Minecraft does a lot with a little sound here and there. Say something infrequently and the spaces will echo.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2012, 11:41:13 PM »

Ambient noises might also work - especially if they're relevant (the faint echo of a stream if there's water nearby in a cave).
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2012, 05:37:11 AM »

Yeah, crunching of leaves under foot, echos in caves (should you not go for music)
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

Gentlemen, thank you for your thoughts, but at this stage the game without music. And probably will remain so.

The reasons are actually several. The fact that the roguelike genre usually has no music or sound. And the fact that I personally think that it is always easier to put your favorite music on the background. And that silence - is also very good music, actually.

So now the game without music and sound.

-------------

Meanwhile, I think over the to allow dwarves to construct buildings in front of the player. So the player will see the process of construction.

The fact is that long ago, in the early development of the game, I forbade dwarfs build when the player looks at them.

Do you think it will be interesting to watch the process of building block by block?

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »

it's too pretty!

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

Gentlemen, thank you for your thoughts, but at this stage the game without music. And probably will remain so.

The reasons are actually several. The fact that the roguelike genre usually has no music or sound. And the fact that I personally think that it is always easier to put your favorite music on the background. And that silence - is also very good music, actually.

So now the game without music and sound.

-------------

Meanwhile, I think over the to allow dwarves to construct buildings in front of the player. So the player will see the process of construction.

The fact is that long ago, in the early development of the game, I forbade dwarfs build when the player looks at them.

Do you think it will be interesting to watch the process of building block by block?

1. Thank you and I couldn't agree more.

2. Yes, it seems interesting. I assumed that dwarf structures were automatically generated. I didn't know that your AI automatically built them.

I say you should go for it.

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:16 AM »

And that silence - is also very good music, actually.
Based on the movies I've seen, this is something that both Russians and Japanese cultures get, and very few others.
mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2012, 01:53:03 AM »

I think it will surely be, it's always fascinating looking an AI performing complex tasks.

(i'm waiting to buy a new pc so I can properly play your game, unfortunatly on my old mac I can't really do it)

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »

Yes. That would humanize them. You could indicate personality through the way they construct. That could serve as color, or as instruction on ways to think about building, or insight into the dwarves themselves, if that is at all relevant.

Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »

Addicted errm, i tried somehing like his once, the game is still on my computer but never got very far..... its beutiful

@@@My Website@@@

You bash the Rat in the stomach with the banana
///////////
The rat is struck down
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »

Thank you for your comments!
This is very important for me to be motivated to continue working.

Picture of the new fonts. New up.
Inspired by fonts in "The Settlers 2". But this font I drew myself up to the last pixel.

What do you think?

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: October 28, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »

That upper one is completely wicked. Keeper. The lower? Seems very thin and strainy in comparison. The brighter yellow (quest line) does make it far easier to read than your (20%?) gray, however. Maybe brighten it to 10% gray?

louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »

Upper
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic