I've played a little bit.
(2 monsters, first monster level 2)
- I've choosed the nature monster and after each fight I must come back and save. (I'm short on health) Is it normal?
- By the way, I gain oly one Exp for each battle, so it's a little long to level up ^^.
- Is it possible to switch between my pets in battle?
For the first two, yeah the pacing is a bit off right now. I would say the nature one is also the weakest at the start. They are all:
1. Fire - mostly damage and speed
2. Water - mostly defense
3. Nature - For buffs and heals (you can check the menu and he learn a heal at lvl 4)
But if you must heal after every fight it's really bad. I'm gonna check, it should at least be okay with 3-4
For the xp, it maybe is a bit low. You get pretty good xp from other npcs battles but the wild ones is pretty low.
I think I will try to take a better look at the pacing for next release. When I played it through myself I also thought it was kinda hard (if I didn't grind).
For the switching, no you can only switch outside of battle. I'm also thinking about different systems for switching.
1. Either you can only switch at a saving stone
2. You can switch anywhere and the monster you switch too will get out with the same percent health as the one you switched with.
If I go with 2 I don't see any reason to not be ablt to switch in battle. You think that is needed? In later parts of the game you will be able to use up to four monsters at the same time so then switching won't be just as necessary.
Thanks for the feedback!