Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:23:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam:UK
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam:UK  (Read 66820 times)
Corpus
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2008, 08:22:54 AM »

I should be able to make it from midday (or, possibly, the afternoon) on Friday.
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2008, 05:37:12 AM »

I should be able to make it, but if it's going to happen from Friday through to Saturday, what's everyone's plans for sleeping? That would probably be the only issue for me, London hotels aren't exactly cheap Wink

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2008, 05:50:10 AM »

Whereabouts in London is the venue?

twitter: @docky
gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2008, 06:22:25 AM »

the venue is pretty much opposite the houses of parliament (the other side of the river)

Zone 1 –tube is Vauxhall (10 minute walk) or Waterloo (20 minute walk)

The building is basically an office building. There’s load of small companies here. It’ll be pretty dead on Saturday/Sunday however on Friday we might need to keep the noise down (not a great deal, as we’re on the top floor)

Cheers

Robin

Corpus
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2008, 07:52:49 AM »

I'm only 18, robolee. Still, maybe we'll see you in future if there are more Jams.

For now, let's see how this one goes Wink
Alteisentier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »

Do you have to be a game developer to come to this Tigjam?

I'm pretty close to London (Well, Ireland is close, right?) and a huge fan of Tigsource, though I mostly read the forum insted of posting. But I'd absolutely love to come to this, i'm afraid I can't code games.. But I'm training as a Art and Design student and I'd be more than happy to lend my artistic skills if I could come to this.
increpare
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »

I'm pretty close to London (Well, Ireland is close, right?) and a huge fan of Tigsource, though I mostly read the forum insted of posting. But I'd absolutely love to come to this, i'm afraid I can't code games.. But I'm training as a Art and Design student and I'd be more than happy to lend my artistic skills if I could come to this.
They would certainly be most welcome!

(oho, you're in ireland as well?  There are a couple of us here from Dublin (Well, Terry and I are anyway...)).  We could extend the roadtrip by a bit if we were to coordinate our flights...
Alteisentier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »

They would certainly be most welcome!

(oho, you're in ireland as well?  There are a couple of us here from Dublin (Well, Terry and I are anyway...)).  We could extend the roadtrip by a bit if we were to coordinate our flights...

Well i'm more then happy to help lend out these skills, i've always been interested in game making and designing but I'm just one of those guys that can't get their head around coding.

I'm not actually in dublin, Co.Louth, Dundalk. Which isn't really that far from dublin I supose, It wouldn't be that hard for me to get there but a bit of coordination could certainly help.
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2008, 02:20:55 AM »

it's awesome that it's happening.
it's not awesome it's happening when I'm in Sweden. I mightwill drop in on the 9th tho.

(is it fate giving me a finger that I've only been away in the last two years twice, and TigJams coincided with the dates of both? Sad)

Corpus
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2008, 04:42:11 AM »

Yep, all relevant disciplines are very welcome! Coders, artists, musicians, writers, whatever.
Alteisentier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2008, 05:07:05 AM »

Well if Terry or Increpare can drop me a message and say hi, introduce our selves. and maybe agree too co-ordinate some plans i'd most defiantly be able to say yes to this. Otherwise I have the directional skills of a blank, upside down map and finding my way there might be a tad harder  Wink
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:43 AM »

Awesome. I actually just ordered a dev laptop, so this is looking very possible for me.

Problem is, I think my skill will be dwarfed by other kings of the UK scene, but if I can collab with someone else in their engine, I could be a somewhat useful game coder to them.

I shall prep my own engine hard in anticipation.

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »

I'm kinda unsure about whether to register, because I probably can't be there for the whole time, as I've got a job induction happening the week before and the week after... hmm.

Hmmmmmmm.

I'll call it a 'maybe, bordering yes' for now and pay later. Where are people staying?

Last release: sync::routine
increpare
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2008, 11:33:57 AM »

So I'm definitely going.  Just booked flights and a ticket. 

Any word on how many tickets sold so far?
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »

I'm still weighing it up and checking my schedule. ^^ I can't come for the whole time, that's for sure, but I'm currently leaning towards being there some of the time.

twitter: @docky
increpare
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2008, 02:28:08 AM »

I'm still weighing it up and checking my schedule. ^^ I can't come for the whole time, that's for sure, but I'm currently leaning towards being there some of the time.

cool; it would be great to meet you
Corpus
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2008, 04:14:18 AM »

Oh, and I just got an iPod touch, so if anyone else is going who's interested in working on an iPhone game, we might be able to collaborate on something Beer!

Yeah, Dock, you and superflat should come along Smiley
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:01 AM »

Got no iPod experience, but the game idea I'd like to work on this weekend is iPhone friendly, at least! Though, to be honest, I'd be more concerned with prototyping the gameplay, at first, than worrying about getting it to work on the iPhone... :/

Alteisentier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »

Well i've got tickets with Increpare, and i was up today getting my passport fixed up so you brits don't make me swim back. I'm all in, just gotta put some money into the internets to get the ticket tomorrow.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »

If I'm not in Shanghai, I'll be getting a ticket for this.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic