Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:16:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubThe Junestravaganza Votematorium
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Junestravaganza Votematorium  (Read 5001 times)
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »

You haven't been playing enough games on your backlog! Shame on you! Remedy that by voting /participating in TIGS Game Club for once in your life (or whatever number of times you have so far + 1). Vote for the two games you most want to play, but keep in mind that if the game you pick is free, people are probably more likely to jump on your bandwagon. Here are my votes:

1) Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
2) Romancing SaGa 3 (SNES)

And here are the current standings since the last time I checked this thread:

5 - Romancing SaGa 3
3 - Ogre Battle
2 - Drakkhen
1 - Seiken Densetsu 3
1 - Umihara Kawase
1 - Planescape: Torment
1 - Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
1 - Gateways
1 - Vindictus
1 - Dark Cloud
1 - MegaMari
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:49:31 PM by paste » Logged

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 03:09:32 AM »

Oh, I'll play either one. But

Romancing Saga 3

Is new to me so I vote that.

Also

Umihara Kawase
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »

I will vote for...

Romancing Saga 3

and also

Planescape: Torment
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »

Romancing SaGa 3

(or if possible, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song for the PS2)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »

My vote is for Gateways because it just came out and it is not a JRPG and it is really good and it is really hard and I need help.

JWK5
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:19:31 AM »

VOTE 1: Ogre Battle

I say we should play Ogre Battle (not Tactics Ogre).

Very few RPGs like it have been released, about the closest are the Dragon Force games for the Sega Saturn (which do away with a lot of the formation strategy in favor of real-time mob battles) and Soul Nomad & the World Eaters (which does away with the RTS squad movement in favor of a grid-based tactical RPG setup).

The game has a great story, lots of secrets, multiple endings (good and evil branchings), etc. and it is fairly easy to locate (*cough*emulators*cough*).

VOTE 2: Drakkhen

This is another great game that is easy to come by (on the SNES/emulator, my preferred version, or as abandonware on the PC). Every few years I have to give this game another run through, it is one of my all time favorites and the very first RPG I ever played on the SNES (though not the first RPG I've played in general).

It has a really neat pseudo-3D (sprite scaling) open world and lots of dungeons to explore,

, character creation, and a real-time battle system. Exploring dungeons is almost like a point-and-click adventure game where you can examine various things in the room (but your characters wander about as you do) while the overworld is more like the Elder Scrolls games where you wander about in first person view (until your characters step onto the field and battle). The game is not super-long so it is something that could be beaten in a reasonable amount of time (it has been years since my last run-through but I want to say it is somewhere in the ballpark of 10-15 hours long, I could be wrong though).

PC:

SNES:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:29:59 AM by JWK5 » Logged
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »

Here's the site for Gateways. I played the demo and it was interesting. It kept my attention, but I can't remember if it was fun or not.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »

I thought you guys were talking about the gateway interactive fiction games.
This is a good suggestion BTW, they are rather good for IFs.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:46 AM »

Gateways does actually look neat. I stand by my original votes, though.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »

Vindictus

and

Ogre Battle

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »

Crap, I just got started on Romancing SaGa 3 a while back. It's like I level up all the time.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:02:38 AM »

This tactic got more people voting last time, so: i'm closing the thread at this time tomorrow. Get your votes in, people!

Nix
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »

Romancing SaGa 3! I really want to play a nice old JRPG. GTA IV has made me grumpy.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

I know there was quite a stir about Dark Cloud earlier in the "Games you're playing" thread. And I actually managed to pick it up recently, too. So I'd like to nominate that.

MegaMari is a kickass contender for freeware game on the month too, a great spectacle of good, hard level design and pretty true-to-form MegaMan gameplay mechanics. Plus, the variety of weapon collection potentials between Marisa and Alice offers a good variety of strategic approaches.

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 07:04:28 AM »

Ogre Battle scaled the rankings, but it didn't quite manage to surpass Romancing SaGa 3, so we're playing that. DO IT.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic