Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:11:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMAX - action rts/boss rush [New Build!]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: MAX - action rts/boss rush [New Build!]  (Read 4932 times)
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »

Changelog
+Two player co-op (see readMe)
+Another song
+Deed system fully implemented!

+More artwork
+More sfx
+Added a sweet fan attack to the ball boss
-Sped up the crystals
-Increased crystal range
-Gave the player some more time to dodge and predict attacks by delaying enemy attacks and making them give hints of where and when it's going to happen
-Changed some sfx
-Increased reaction time and hints when bosses attack
-Changed some text in the tutorial
-Spacebar can now swap crystal types also for trackpad users
-Lowered upgrade prices to 20/40/60
-Slowed down some projectiles
-Projectiles are now deleted when a boss dies so they don't score any cheap shots on you crystals
-Polished and cleaned up a lot of code
-Balance work
-M key now turns music on/off

@sublinimal-Hey bud, I'm sorry but I have no idea what's causing you to get that error  Shrug. I've asked a gm-guru friend of mine and he says he hasn't seen that error since gm6. I hope you get to try it out on another pc or get it working somehow! Thanks for taking the time to download it though...

@Udderdude-Your feedback has been invaluable man. Thanks a lot. I tried to hit every point you brought up. I hope you enjoy the deed system! It might be a bit easy after I buffed the crystals. There's a better chance that you can make it out with all units, but you'd have to be a Max Savant to pull it off. Units will probably die, but that's life, and life is sloppy in the void sometimes!

@Alec S.-Glad you enjoyed it! I don't know if you read my mind or a tweet I posted, but I implemented a hotseat co-op thing that lets the other person control the crystals with WASD haha. Even if you are playing by yourself it can be very handy to give added control and speed. I've done some work on communicating when certain enemy attacks are going to happen, especially with the earlier bosses. One thing I want to stay away from though is memorizing patterns. I've never thought that was much fun. Hopefully the random attack order is executed better with more telegraphed attacks and a large boost to the crystal range and speed like you guys suggested. Thanks for checking out the game and the critique!
Toast Right

I've wanted to keep the scope small from the get-go, so I won't be adding anymore unit types/mechanics. If anyone has more feedback/critique I'd love to hear it before I release the final build in a week or so.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:00:38 PM by Seasons » Logged

sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »

At first sight, I thought the monster collage spelled out "BEARS"
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »

So I played it again and even though I still lost a bunch of crystals, I managed to get the highest ranking for Upgrade, Crunch, Quartz and Completion.

I don't think my playthrough was nearly as skillful and optimized enough to warrant the highest ranking, but if you want the barrier to achieving it to be that low ..

Just did Meekness and finished with 196 souls.  I think with a little better play, I could have easily gotten 200+.  IMO you should have a special ranking just for that.
Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »

@Udderdude-Wow 196/300? That's pretty stellar. I definitely don't want it to be a cake walk to get light rank, so I may have to compensate by making crystals a bit more expensive or upping the amount it takes to rank. EDIT: or making the deeds more difficult themselves

If you guys and gals could post your soul count after beating the game like Udderdude, that would be super helpful. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll have a bunch of time to work on this and get the final build ready for sunday. I'd love to make a mini trailer or something for it, but my laptop died this past weekend and I had to downgrade. Even making those gif screenshots comes close to crashing the pc I'm currently using  Droop.

Hope you're all having fun with this. Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:20:04 PM by Seasons » Logged

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »

I ended with 41 souls.  My RTS skill level in general is "suck", though. Took the topaz strength/defense, 2-to-attack and extra quartz upgrades. I thought the game was a little bit easier this time around to finish.

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic