Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:51:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubRomancing Saga 3
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Romancing Saga 3  (Read 12075 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »

There are a heck of a lot of towns in this world.

I delivered some goods and met a superhero, then delivered more goods. Found a thieves' hideout and scored some good money there. I found the lover of the girl who was to be eaten by rats, and now the rats have boss music, but I still can't beat them.

Joined in on a war and got my butt kicked. 1k gold to engage in the worst military tactics the world has ever seen? Easiest money yet. I have no idea what I was doing, but it sure looked exciting.

EDIT: I defeated the boss of the offering cave, after stumbling upon the solution completely by coincidence when exploring a forest that inexplicably appeared on my map. The villagers don't even seem to credit me with sparing them from this threat, they just tell me that the ship goes to another town that I've already visited.

Looks like the only places left are the mountain range (which sounds like the location of a gate) the castle of the vampire from the intro with death beasts in the basement, and the Colosseum.

I also started a sidequest involving a stolen spear, and some guy named Thomas appeared and ran off, but I'm not sure where he's gone. This game is exceptionally vague about how quests work and where I should be going.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:39:52 AM by SirNiko » Logged
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »

SirNiko: Curiously enough, that Rat Swarm isn't actually invincible on the first attempt. There's just no way to really know where Algernon is in it. Apparently the screen flashes if you hit him, and then you can just wail on that area until you get him.

So not exactly invincible. Just impossible to know whether you can or can't kill him unless you read a FAQ.

I really adore this game. I feel like I'm missing a bit not having started as the Marquis though, but it's really cool hearing the stories of other people playing it. My character was actually exiled by someone else I was chatting to in IRC.

Super ambitious game. I don't think I have enough time to finish it, but I'd love to get through it one day.
Nix
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »

SirNiko: Curiously enough, that Rat Swarm isn't actually invincible on the first attempt. There's just no way to really know where Algernon is in it. Apparently the screen flashes if you hit him, and then you can just wail on that area until you get him.

Unfortunately, he changes position every round as well Sad
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »

I haven't played this in a few days while I catch up on other games. I will play some more tonight or tomorrow.

One thing I've noticed is that it is very difficult to get rid of party members to clear room for new guys. Then again, there doesn't seem to be much reason to swap characters unless you want to do a different kind of magic element, since you can always just level them up some more.

It looks like all characters in the game gain HP whether or not they're in your party, which is a nice touch that Saga Frontier should have used.
Nix
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

One thing I've noticed is that it is very difficult to get rid of party members to clear room for new guys.

You can get rid of anyone whenever in a pub by talking to the bartender
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »

The pink haired girl and "Bard" refuse to leave my party when I do this.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »

bard can't get rid of till later on. little girl, there's a certain town you can go to and she'll leave, but she'll rejoin you if your party isn't full and you run into her again.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic