Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:03:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMiniverse
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Miniverse  (Read 17463 times)
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 02:00:49 AM »

So, wait.
The planet's pull of gravity has no effect on the asteroids?
I suppose that's a good way to simplify it, but it seems weird.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »

My Word! How have I not thought of gravity yet. I might play around with that actually. But right now there is no pull of gravity anywhere.

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05:08 PM »

I like that you put the prototype to play on the site, good call!

Great art, loving the particle effects in the gifs as well.

Looks promising, keep it up!!

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

I like that you put the prototype to play on the site, good call!
That is what I LOVE about unity. It is very easy to build for the web to make it very quick and easy for somebody to play something. Thanks! I'm fairly happy with my progress. Smiley

impulse9
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »

Looks great. Smiley I think if you can make that explosion animation shorter it might turn out more realistic, as explosions tend to be fast.
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

Thanks! Good feedback. I wanted to make it look like a space explosion, where things would seem to drift off forever after the initial explosion, but I think it would make the game feel more intense if the explosion was quicker.

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »

Nice concept and the prototype is pretty fun for what it is.  The short-range hopping between hotspots and the puzzle mechanic of figuring out the specific order you need to do things reminds me a lot of Ghost Trick.  Right click to drag the people feels a bit fiddly at the moment - it sometimes seems like it didn't work reliably.  Possibly just a side effect of me playing using a laptop mouse pad, however.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »

cool another blender game Smiley

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »

@Paul
Thank you. Smiley huh Ghost Trick does look somewhat close. Seems to be somewhat of the same idea just used in a much different way. Yeah the controls are a very off in the demo build. Controls are much tighter now.

eigenbom
Blender? Actually Unity. Just using blender for modeling.

It has been a while since I’ve posted anything! That is because I went to Europe for two weeks. I am back now and work has started again.

I spent a lot of time trying to get the game on the iPad. I just got an old MacBook and was struggling with unity texture errors, some script problems, xcode versions, ios versions and just a bunch of OSX problems. Things I should have seen coming but I’ve never used a Mac before so that is my excuse. Anyways I’m still working on it but sadly the game has yet to be seen on an iPad.

Some changes have been made to the game though.

- People now fly around the planets. This covers up some of the timer and indicator gui elements next to the planets. The appearance of the people will change but I’m just not sure to what yet.

- Two more levels have been created. Also here you can see the suns have been darkened and the sun radii has been changed blue. This is to reduce confusion of the color yellow, as I want only the planet life indicator to be yellow.

- The directional indicator and planet life indicator have been enlarged. This makes their purpose more obvious and apparent on a quick glance.

And that is all! Tomorrow I begin the search for another mac. Hopefully I don’t get stabbed while conversing with people from craigslist.

jeko88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

hi, very nice...im music composer, this is my site: http://italiancomposer.wix.com/andreagiachiniitaliancomposer

if you need my work, contact me on PM.

thanks and good luck.

Andrea Giachini

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:02 PM »

It has been a while since the last update. The game has been progressing nevertheless. I'm waiting a bit to update things until I can get a good build on the iPad. Then I'll make a video and you all can get a better feel for the game. Smiley For tonight though I did want to show the new typeface for the game. I think it looks quite good.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:56:46 AM by Pemanent » Logged

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »

preliminary work on key pieces :3

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

Techno Space key.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »

It has been a while since the last update. That is now going to change.

A lot has been implemented and much has improved. I'm not going to outline everything but I will start posting regularly again.

I implemented some SpriteSheet animation tonight.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »

I made a development video. Smiley

Development Video 1

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »

So yeah, I'm still working on this. Smiley *insert excuse about school, work, and social life*

A graphic designer friend of mine is working on the app icon as well as some ui layouts and splash screens. So that's cool.

I've been working on a bunch of stuff. So just look at the gifs.

Preliminary work on additive sun radii.

Proximity indicators now animated to their new target instead of just snapping.

Also a new proximity indicator animation, and people moving animation.

Most of this still needs work, but I'm taking steps closer to a finished product.

Also sorry for being a terrible community member.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:08:42 PM by Pemanent » Logged

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »

that looks weird and strange and different. following! Smiley

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »

Thank you! Best compliment I've ever received!

Juan Raigada
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »

This looks really interesting, man... I like how polished the proximity indicators look. That's the beauty of Unity, I guess...

From reading the thread I get it's a puzzle game (the website is down, so I can't play it). I like the visual style you are going for, it's quite unique. Will you post a playable anytime soon?

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

Thanks!
I would like to post a playable but the pc version is only half baked. I'm focusing on ipad. (aka weird game breaking bugs that only happen on pc and are relatively pointless to fix right now).

I'm glad you said polished. I've never really 'polished' a game to a finished product so I'm glad someone thinks I'm getting closer.

I call it an action puzzle game. Yeah you're solving puzzles, but you've got to do it fast and there is a lot of skill involved.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic