For quite some time now I had the idea of creating my own trading card game since I thought that most of the ones I playes had some rather boring and slow mechanics.
Since I am programming for several years now and always played with the idea of creating a game here is my attempt:
What I need:
- a designer (for the cards)
- another java programmer (best with experience in networking and possibly android development)
- someone to create a soundtrack/background music
- more people with ideas and motivation to contribute
What the core mechanics will be like:
- normal 1v1 fight (perhaps option for 2v2)
- set in a fantasy universe with a lot of lore
- player has one master/boss creature and several minions
- minions are divided into :
- warriors (basic fighters)
- creatures (stronger attack / less defense)
- mages (played in a different row on the battlefield and able to
cast specific spells)
- ranged fighters (played in the 2nd row but only have basic
- ability cards (used by the boss creature / powerful spells)
- each card is unique and can level up, increasing stats chosen by the player
- mages can learn different spells making them either healers or damage dealers
- a marketplace to trade cards with other players (if we manage to get a stable online function)
...and this is only the basic concept, so feel free to contribute and help out if you like.
Any assistance is welcome and though this is unpaid work, there is the possibility of sharing profit from ad revenue if we can get the online functions to work.